Grado Fan Club!
Aug 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #8,567 of 66,291
i know UPS , USPS all to well, lots of boxes get dropped off here, the ps500's are somewhere between canada, and my house
and i'm ready for them, as i really can't keep two cans at this price level, either the ms2, or the 500 will find their way to the sale thread soon,
y'all be checking your wallets, a good deal may be in someones future

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #8,568 of 66,291
i know UPS , USPS all to well, lots of boxes get dropped off here, the ps500's are somewhere between canada, and my house
and i'm ready for them, as i really can't keep two cans at this price level, either the ms2, or the 500 will find their way to the sale thread soon,
y'all be checking your wallets, a good deal may be in someones future

Actually your new PS500s were just processed through Chicago. :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #8,569 of 66,291
Snagged a pair of hp2's from the FS forum today. Now i play the waiting game till they get here. Interested to see what the old grado can do.

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #8,570 of 66,291
Quote:
Will using PAV2 with SR225i help?

PAV2 with a line-out signal works wonders with most headphones. Gary is awesome to deal with and his product is solid. It's humble pricepoint and appearance is the only thing holding it back IMO.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #8,571 of 66,291
Quote:
Actually your new PS500s were just processed through Chicago.
smily_headphones1.gif

ahhhh, i see that now !! when i checked last night was still showing processed through  toronto ,
inching their way closer , very cool

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #8,572 of 66,291
Hello!

Just won a Grado SR60i will be getting them sooner and later! It will be my first Grado headphone!!! XD I myself LOVE metal rocks and some other aggressive music so I am guessing I will like the Grado SR60i but the question is, what to aspect?! XD I am now currently using the XBA-4 so probably the IEM shall be my portable headphone and the Grado will be my reference real soon!!!

Any recommended ALBUMS to listen with the Grados? XD getting REALLY excited can't wait to get my first pair of Grado!!! And I heard it's a good headphone for modding!

Billson :D :D

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #8,574 of 66,291
Quote:
Any recommended ALBUMS to listen with the Grados? XD getting REALLY excited can't wait to get my first pair of Grado!!! And I heard it's a good headphone for modding!

Billson
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Soundgarden- Superunknown perhaps?

Any Opeth album, though I prefer 'Still Life'

Just pick YOUR favorite and go from there!

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #8,575 of 66,291
Soundgarden- Superunknown perhaps?

Any Opeth album, though I prefer 'Still Life'

Just pick YOUR favorite and go from there!

I have actually picked out some already just awhile ago like the "Supermercy" by Muse, Fall Out Boys albums xD

Anything with prominent guitars will sound nice.  Maybe some classic rock? 

Thanks for the suggestion! XD

Billson :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #8,576 of 66,291
i'd say "guitars" by Mike Oldfield is a perfect Grado album.

While we're discussing great pieces for Grados: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpMfL_rG2Cw

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #8,577 of 66,291
Quote:
Hello!

Just won a Grado SR60i will be getting them sooner and later! It will be my first Grado headphone!!! XD I myself LOVE metal rocks and some other aggressive music so I am guessing I will like the Grado SR60i but the question is, what to aspect?! XD I am now currently using the XBA-4 so probably the IEM shall be my portable headphone and the Grado will be my reference real soon!!!

Billson
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Definitely check out Alice In Chains album (SAP), really cool, mostly acoustic, guitars and vocals, there are 5 tracks on the album, 4 of them are 10+, you will definitely enjoy the sound from your 60i's. Congratulations on your win!

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #8,578 of 66,291
Quote:
Hello!

Billson
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you should listen to whatever you think of when you want to crank it up and put the pedal to the metal. IMO, your 60 will sound great and be FUN with any of your aggressive music. Incidentally, it will also sound good with acoustic music and jazz. The only thing I don't think it sounds great with is large symphonic works where you might want something that is technically more proficient with a larger soundstage. But from your post, it doesn't sound like you're listening to a lot of opera
tongue_smile.gif

I'm an aging rock and metal dude. I listen to a 225 which is just a little further up the food chain. I listen to schiit ton of metal/punk/rock, but also to blues, jazz, folk, ambient...it's all great IMO.

You've got a great little entry level metal, rock, blues-guitar oriented can...may be all you'll ever want.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #8,579 of 66,291
Quote:
Hello!

Billson
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats to you!, here is some metal album for you to enjoy
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back