Grado Fan Club!
Jul 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #8,131 of 65,714
After all the LD I+ reading, had to fire her up..She likes Grados.
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #8,132 of 65,714
Quote:
I have a pair of sr80's and want to change ear pads. Some say use the Lpads and some say the  Gpads. Looking for info, I am new to this headphone experience. thanks

G-cush ONLY if you are ok with giving up bass OR modding the drivers and or pads to recover some... the most comfortable pad ever though... giant sound staging ability, less bass, mids fall back more toward neutral, accents the treble (because of the loss mo mids and bass) really only go this route if your planning on modding...

L-cush sounds perfect on the sr80 stock! (why do they give us the stupid comfy...)

Flats adds punch to the bass and further increases the presence of the mids... at the cost of sound stage. Comfortable enough, and works well.

PRO-tip.... start with the L-cush

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #8,134 of 65,714
Love the G-Cush on my 325is.  Unmodded.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #8,135 of 65,714
Quote:
yeah , i'm pretty new to the tube/hybrid headphone amp scene myself, when i got the amp, the siemens 6ak5's were in it, they sound fine, and the ge 408's didn't sound bad, but the amp isn't set up for them and before i get to moving jumpers, i thought i'd get some more EH95's, got some RCA 5915's, and RCA 6ak5 on the way,  you got the[size=x-small] Voskshod's [/size]didn't you ??

Good question!
I just looked at my purchases from eBay and to tell you the truth I don't know what brand they are, it doesn't state it in the add, and you just brought this to my attention, all the ad says is what I posted in my prior post about the tubes and I also made a mistake when I said they were NOS, they are NIB. I'm going to contact the seller and ask what brand they are, this went right over my head!!! Thanks for brining this to my attention.
BTW the tubes were only 3.00$U.S.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #8,136 of 65,714
The 325is might me the only exception in the prestige series...

325,ps500,rs1 all work well with the g cush in my humble opinion.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #8,137 of 65,714
Good question!
I just looked at my purchases from eBay and to tell you the truth I don't know what brand they are, it doesn't state it in the add, and you just brought this to my attention, all the ad says is what I posted in my prior post about the tubes and I also made a mistake when I said they were NOS, they are NIB. I'm going to contact the seller and ask what brand they are, this went right over my head!!! Thanks for brining this to my attention.
BTW the tubes were only 3.00$U.S.

Its the voskshods if I'm remember correctly, its mentioned on the description,

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #8,138 of 65,714
Quote:
Its the voskshods if I'm remember correctly, its mentioned on the description,

I looked and could not find anything about the brand, but I am legally blind, so I may be missing something. I contacted the seller and asked him what brand they are, and also if they are native to the LD1+, so I don't have to cut any pins or strap them, just waiting for a reply.
Do you have these tubes, if so do you know if I can just plug them right in being that my LD is already set up for the 6AK5W's? Thanks.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #8,139 of 65,714
I looked and could not find anything about the brand, but I am legally blind, so I may be missing something. I contacted the seller and asked him what brand they are, and also if they are native to the LD1+, so I don't have to cut any pins or strap them, just waiting for a reply.
Do you have these tubes, if so do you know if I can just plug them right in being that my LD is already set up for the 6AK5W's? Thanks.

In the description of the tube it referees to the name of the plant being voskhod, they are supposed great detail , very clear

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #8,140 of 65,714
No I got some RCA's

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #8,142 of 65,714
Oh, yes , I think those tubes should drop right in

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #8,144 of 65,714
If you haven't already done so, check out page 77
There's va bunch of great info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back