Grado Fan Club!
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #8,071 of 65,714
Quote:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6037680/Little%20Dot%20I%2B%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

pg9

yours is different then the diagrams... however its the same jumper numbers and positions

i need a magnifying glass !! my eyes are old ! lol,
what of the wires that connects the tube sockets, i have two yellow wires, the pic on the little dot site doesn't
differences in date of manufacture, a mod, or just removed for the pics sake ???

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #8,072 of 65,714
Shoot them an email, I honestly don't know...

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #8,073 of 65,714

Quote:
Don't be a troll. For seven times the price I wouldn't get seven time the enjoyment..

No one is trolling here. Just two guys having a chat. 
Just because you don't agree doesn't make us trolls. 

Just because you wouldn't get 7 times the enjoyment doesn't make it an unworthy investment for others. At the end of the day money is no fun at all, but what it can buy can be. 

If you guys are comparing a set of headphones that are nothing like each other it makes the comparison invalid
The comparison is valid - they're both clearly headphones. I'm not comparing a car to a bicycle, or a headphone to a set of speakers.  Just two headphones. 

I'm sure the he-500s are pretty awesome, but that isn't what I was looking for or would want to wear.
Sounds like you havn't even heard the HE-500, so I don't understand why you're joining in.

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #8,074 of 65,714
Quote:
It truly is apples and oranges, you are comparing a real headphone (HE-500) to a toy headphone (SR80). No comparison possible, like comparing a BMW to a KIA.

blink.gif
 No, you can definitely compare. Like Greq said, it might not be the best from a philosophical standpoint, but they're both headphones, they both have a sound signature, the both are of a certain build quality, and, they both have a price.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #8,075 of 65,714
I replied because I just purchased a pair of Grados and this is the Grado fan thread. You brought a set of phones that are much more expensive and have a totally different sound signature. Anyone can compare one thing to another but for $100 I like my purchase. For you to insist that a $700 phone is vastly superior is missing the point, I and others purchased something because it suited our needs. If you don't like it then by all means please post in the hifiman thread, I probably will when I get that new little amp they have.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #8,076 of 65,714
Quote:
I replied because I just purchased a pair of Grados and this is the Grado fan thread. You brought a set of phones that are much more expensive and have a totally different sound signature. Anyone can compare one thing to another but for $100 I like my purchase. For you to insist that a $700 phone is vastly superior is missing the point, I and others purchased something because it suited our needs. If you don't like it then by all means please post in the hifiman thread, I probably will when I get that new little amp they have.

I didn't insist on anything. I just gave my opinion. 
As I said before, if you don't like my opinion all you have to do is politely disagree. Not call other people troll or accuse others of "missing the point".

If you properly read my post which triggered "swspiers" response and then my reply which was directed back at him, there was no insistence on the superiority of another headphone I own. I plainly stated my opinion. 
If anything, my original comment about my Grado 'journey' and the Grados I have owned, shows that even the relatively humble SR80 brings me lots of listening pleasure among the other 'giants' I own and have listened to. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #8,078 of 65,714
Hey all!

I am truly sorry if my response and question triggered a bad reaction...

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #8,083 of 65,714
Quote:
funny enough i find Grados are the Rics of the headphone world. retro design, unique sound, impractical, uncomfortable but nothing can be a substitute for either and I'm illogically drawn to them both.
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually have no comment, except I always compared them to Carvin: U.S. made, no-nonsense and fantastic value for the money

come to think of it, how many bass players are on this Grado thread? 

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #8,084 of 65,714
Quote:
I actually have no comment, except I always compared them to Carvin: U.S. made, no-nonsense and fantastic value for the money

come to think of it, how many bass players are on this Grado thread? 

I would have thought bass heads would be on the Beats thread!
(just kidding)...it is great to see pics of those Rics!

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #8,085 of 65,714
Quote:
I would have thought bass heads would be on the Beats thread!
(just kidding)...it is great to see pics of those Rics!

I think it says something about the detailed, accurate and realistic bass in these cans.  I can hear every nuance between a Ric and a P or a Jazz.  It's certainly not bloated, but very articulate. True, sub-bass is a little lean, but not by much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back