Grado Fan Club!
Jul 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #8,026 of 65,934
Quote:
maybe a tiny little bit, i only noticed when switching back and forth between flats and bowls once your brain and ears adjust i don't think you will feel like the soundstage is too narrow. I also think that the increased bass and punch is worth the slight decrease in soundstage, it just makes the RS1 more fun. Also whenever I am in the mood for something more laid back I can just throw the bowls back on :)

Thanks, Sam! For me, the more exciting sound is definitely worth the slight decrease in soundstage. Gonna order soon!

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #8,027 of 65,934
I use the flats on my classic RS1 (I originally did because the stock pads felt funny on my ears) but I liked the sound too.
But now I love the bowls on my GS1000i (the stock pads). 
The GS1000i is the most comfortable headphone ever to me.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #8,028 of 65,934
no don't feel bad !! glad to help, thats one of the cool things about this hobby, just spreading the joy !!
i can always get another, we're on on a journey, trying new things
i still haven't heard the 80, or 125, and i want to, now i can, and i have somewhat of a reference to go on
someday, the ms2 may go, so that i may go further upstream , who knows, i'm just having fun !!

oh, and do you still have the ms1's on your profile ?? i had them too at the same time as the 225's
and i love them, are you using the s-cushes that it comes with ?? i very much preferred the bowls on them,
and did not like to tape them , where i did like tape on the 225, just my experience, play around a little

Spread the love indeed! Yes I have MS1i with bowls right now, I've had the bowls for about a month and haven't taped them. I also have a pair of MS1i for sale unopened. I will definately experiment and see where it takes me. I'm excited, hoping for a Saturday delivery.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #8,029 of 65,934
Quote:
This is what happened to me when I purchased the MS2i, they are awesome, but I personally didn't hear that Grado sound signature, this is why I traded for the 325is, and I still had to  repurchased the 80i which gave me the original Grado sound signature in the first place, and like I've said before I love both for what they are, but the 80i really draws me into the music.

well i was kinda thinking before i got the 225 again, i would be very wise to try the 80, and/or the 125 first, saving a little if possible is always a good thing, cause another thing will come along !!

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #8,031 of 65,934
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #8,032 of 65,934
Quote:
no don't feel bad !! glad to help, thats one of the cool things about this hobby, just spreading the joy !!
i can always get another, we're on on a journey, trying new things
i still haven't heard the 80, or 125, and i want to, now i can, and i have somewhat of a reference to go on
someday, the ms2 may go, so that i may go further upstream , who knows, i'm just having fun !!

oh, and do you still have the ms1's on your profile ?? i had them too at the same time as the 225's
and i love them, are you using the s-cushes that it comes with ?? i very much preferred the bowls on them,
and did not like to tape them , where i did like tape on the 225, just my experience, play around a little

+1

I do the same thing when I can.  I also want to hear the other models, especially after being wowed by the iGrado sound.  My gut reaction is that I prefer them to the 225i, but that could be accounted for with the pads being much smaller, and the drivers being closer to my hears.  Oh, and I'm thinking about getting my 225' s woodied

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #8,033 of 65,934
Quote:
Guys in the official site of alessandro ( http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones ) they have 2 options to buy the ms1 , the 2009 version and the original . Do you know the difference? 

Cups are larger on the new version and they should sound "better".
Like the difference between an SR80 and SR80i.
Personally I prefer the look of the older small cups so I would buy the cheaper old version.
I have the original MS2, which I much prefer to MS2i.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #8,034 of 65,934
Got a set of 80i's this afternoon, they fit great and sound wonderful. I'm so glad I got Hesse. The folks at Stereo One in Cape Girardeau, MO were a huge help and had them in stock. Kudos!

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #8,036 of 65,934
Ha ha......congrats on your new phones....the SR80's sound great.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #8,037 of 65,934
Quote:
Got a set of 80i's this afternoon, they fit great and sound wonderful. 

The 80s were not only the first Grados, but the first headphones I fell in love with...I still listen to them today quite often, even though their much more expensive brothers and cousins are in the same room. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #8,040 of 65,934
Quote:
couple years? good for you. it only took me a month to go from the SR80i to the SR225i
smily_headphones1.gif

And, then what
regular_smile .gif
? That's where I'm sitting....straight into the 225i....starting to look around now, six months into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back