Grado Fan Club!
Oct 25, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #63,031 of 66,258
FWIW: While I do know that EQ may not appeal to all, I do experience that you can tighten the bass and dampen the highs with for example the ifi xbass very much to your (and especially my) liking :innocent: PPS not that I use EQ much though
I have a Schiit Loki, but never use it. I like a bit of bass boost and if the headphone is too bright, I move it on.

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #63,032 of 66,258
Oct 26, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #63,033 of 66,258
While I sift thru this humongous thread, can anyone tell me if this vintage RS1 in classifieds is a good one? Ive seen mention of different production runs with each a different characteristic sound... Im still searching for specifics but if anyone wants to give me a hand then that would be appreciated.

I purchased a vintage 325 (non-black) to try, in-transit...

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #63,034 of 66,258
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #63,035 of 66,258
Unfortunately my Violectric V220 left my home today. It is making its way home to "The Motherland". Luckily it is going to be covered under warranty. Shipping was a Bitch!
What happened to V220 😳?

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #63,036 of 66,258
After a few months of using my SR325e and PS500 daily for pretty much everything, I decided I need a change, so I pulled my vintage SR60 out of the drawer few weeks ago. I bought them used for peanuts few years ago, used them only from time to time, mostly for comparisons and testing. I cleaned them up, sewn a new headband, slapped my other mods on them and I can't take them off since. Damn, I didn't appreciate them enough! Maybe it's the Aune B1 that I power them with, or the new pads, but I can't believe how much I enjoy them. Smooth, clear sound with amazing midrange and a lot of punch. They offer audibly less detail and resolution than the PS500, but I honestly don't mind - it's in fact less fatiguing to listen to them all day compared to their higher-end brothers, especially that they weigh almost nothing. They're so versatile! Rewatched Scarface the other night, and boy oh boy, the soundtrack made me as high as Tony Montana :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can only imagine how the legendary "pinks" sound if these are so good. Anyone else loves their SR60? Or is there something wrong with me :sweat_smile:

Attachments

• SR60 1.png
    SR60 1.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 0
  • SR 60 2.png
    SR 60 2.png
    972.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #63,038 of 66,258
Well, I now have the Ncyzaj headband and pads, and removable cable. I can now live with these. I couldn't before , my gear is a mobile set up and I fidget on the chair next to the gear and the stock pads and superstiff cable meant the headphones were constantly moving, and they need to be so precise on the ear , I couldn't live with the lack of comfort or being able to move about.

I can now, so light and comfortable and the bigger softer pads with no heavy cable moving the cans around means I can fidget away. Sound is lovely through these pads

Attachments

• PXL_20231027_131947642.jpg
    PXL_20231027_131947642.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231027_131959452.jpg
    PXL_20231027_131959452.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #63,040 of 66,258
After a few months of using my SR325e and PS500 daily for pretty much everything, I decided I need a change, so I pulled my vintage SR60 out of the drawer few weeks ago. I bought them used for peanuts few years ago, used them only from time to time, mostly for comparisons and testing. I cleaned them up, sewn a new headband, slapped my other mods on them and I can't take them off since. Damn, I didn't appreciate them enough! Maybe it's the Aune B1 that I power them with, or the new pads, but I can't believe how much I enjoy them. Smooth, clear sound with amazing midrange and a lot of punch. They offer audibly less detail and resolution than the PS500, but I honestly don't mind - it's in fact less fatiguing to listen to them all day compared to their higher-end brothers, especially that they weigh almost nothing. They're so versatile! Rewatched Scarface the other night, and boy oh boy, the soundtrack made me as high as Tony Montana :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can only imagine how the legendary "pinks" sound if these are so good. Anyone else loves their SR60? Or is there something wrong with me :sweat_smile:
that's a bit how I feel with the HF3's... :innocent:

Oct 27, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #63,042 of 66,258
After being without a Grado for the past couple of years I went crazy and bought three of them, pre-owned. The GH2 from England which I should get next week; the GH4 from Australia which I got yesterday & the GS3000X w/ XLR termination, which I got today. Some members on this thread asked for comparison comments between the GH2 & GH4 on my part. Right now, I’m waiting for the GH2 as previously indicated. I’m reluctant to do so though, because for one thing I’m not very good at it and secondly I use EQ [Schiit Lokius w/ my BHA-1] which 99% of followers on this thread, do not.

The main reason I’m writing this post is to mention a comment which was posted on this thread and which came back to mind yesterday w/ the GH4 and today, again, especially w/ the GS3000X : “Nobody does guitars like Grado” -Joaquin Dinero.

He was right.

Oct 27, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #63,043 of 66,258
After being without a Grado for the past couple of years I went crazy and bought three of them, pre-owned. The GH2 from England which I should get next week; the GH4 from Australia which I got yesterday & the GS3000X w/ XLR termination, which I got today. Some members on this thread asked for comparison comments between the GH2 & GH4 on my part. Right now, I’m waiting for the GH2 as previously indicated. I’m reluctant to do so though, because for one thing I’m not very good at it and secondly I use EQ [Schiit Lokius w/ my BHA-1] which 99% of followers on this thread, do not.

The main reason I’m writing this post is to mention a comment which was posted on this thread and which came back to mind yesterday w/ the GH4 and today, again, especially w/ the GS3000X : “Nobody does guitars like Grado” -Joaquin Dinero.

He was right.
I just saw an ad on CAM for a GS3000X for $1,400.00. Best price I have seen for one yet. Did you buy this one?

Oct 28, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #63,045 of 66,258
Some members on this thread asked for comparison comments between the GH2 & GH4 on my part. Right now, I’m waiting for the GH2 as previously indicated. I’m reluctant to do so though, because for one thing I’m not very good at it and secondly I use EQ [Schiit Lokius w/ my BHA-1] which 99% of followers on this thread, do not.
The GH4 shouldn't need EQ; it's the best stock Grado I've heard and that's why I have mine. (It also acted as a faithful backup while my GS3000e was being repaired.) I understand if you're putting Grado G pads on it, though, as those pads cause anything not designed for them to become sibilant. I EQ my GS3000e because while its stock sound isn't unbearable, I still feel the 150hz boost and 6khz peak need to be tamed a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back