Grado Fan Club!
Nov 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #5,386 of 65,615
Quote:
Is it possible that my ms2is are having problems? For the most part  songs seem to be coming out of the right channel moreso than the left channel and its not always noticeable but when it is, it kills me on the inside. When I listen to my dt990 600ohm, the issue does not seem to appear(are they more forgiving than the ms2i?).... I am trying to figure out if I need to send my babies in for repair or maybe recable or maybe there is nothing wrong(hopefully) and its just the tracks that I listen to

fyi when it is that way, the music sounds like its in the right side of my head as opposed to at the ear or centralized... if that makes any sense

If you contact Grado I am sure they will look at them and repair, if required, for a very fair price. Their customer service is very good. Send them an email, with details, and they will advise you what to do.  info@gradolabs.com 

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #5,387 of 65,615
Quote:
Is it possible that my ms2is are having problems? For the most part  songs seem to be coming out of the right channel moreso than the left channel and its not always noticeable but when it is, it kills me on the inside. When I listen to my dt990 600ohm, the issue does not seem to appear(are they more forgiving than the ms2i?).... I am trying to figure out if I need to send my babies in for repair or maybe recable or maybe there is nothing wrong(hopefully) and its just the tracks that I listen to

fyi when it is that way, the music sounds like its in the right side of my head as opposed to at the ear or centralized... if that makes any sense

I do have a ms2i and my right side always seems to be softer and there is static noise if i move my head too much. When I shake the headphone, the right side seems like there is something that is not fitting tightly. I wanted to send in for service but Alessandro did not response to my email at all. I decided to take it apart to take a look if there is some soldering cold joint or something not fitted tightly.

I use the hair dryer method to remove it and all the wire seems properly done so I shake it and see what is loose inside. I then found out it was the button magnet so i try by pushing it back to it's position and listen it again. Now, the sound is balance both side and no more having the static noise. On further examine, the magnet where hold onto the speaker using glue so I mix some epoxy and apply it the same way Grado did in factory. Done, dry and I have fixed the problem myself.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #5,393 of 65,615
Quote:
They were very expensive, but well worth it. They really upped the feel of quality of the headphones overall.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but is that the Headphone Lounge headband? I'm considering one for my PS-500, mostly because I think the Brown Manta on offer there would look great with the silver of the PS-500. I can see a few of the other mods, but would you mind listing what you've done?

Thanks! 

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #5,394 of 65,615
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but is that the Headphone Lounge headband? I'm considering one for my PS-500, mostly because I think the Brown Manta on offer there would look great with the silver of the PS-500. I can see a few of the other mods, but would you mind listing what you've done?

Thanks! 

It is the headphone lounge headband, and the rest of the headband assembly is from Martin Custom Audio, including the metal headband insert. I simply put that together, and moved the earcups over from the original Grado headband assembly, so I can change them back to stock in minutes.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #5,395 of 65,615
Quote:
It is the headphone lounge headband, and the rest of the headband assembly is from Martin Custom Audio, including the metal headband insert. I simply put that together, and moved the earcups over from the original Grado headband assembly, so I can change them back to stock in minutes.

Do you  happen to know if the headband insert is the exact same size as the stock? Or longer? 

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #5,397 of 65,615
Quote:
It is almost identical in length. He ships it flat and you bend it yourself.

Cool...once he gets more than just the "naked" rodblocks and gimbals in stock, I'll definitely place an order....he said he wasn't going to order more until he goes through his stock, though, so no idea when that will be. Im not going to drop two bills on something if it's not my preferred choice, though....so I'll wait patiently :)

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #5,399 of 65,615
I've actually also begun to think of upgrading from 325is to ps500 after visiting this fair yesterday and giving them a new listening. Although I got the 325is in soul purpose of them sounding good on my digital piano, I have started to think would the ps500 still fit better for allrounded, as the piano doesn't produce that much lower bass so the clarity of the 325is' might not be something that the ps500 couldn't reasonably match though being much warmer by sound.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #5,400 of 65,615
Quote:
I've actually also begun to think of upgrading from 325is to ps500 after visiting this fair yesterday and giving them a new listening. Although I got the 325is in soul purpose of them sounding good on my digital piano, I have started to think would the ps500 still fit better for allrounded, as the piano doesn't produce that much lower bass so the clarity of the 325is' might not be something that the ps500 couldn't reasonably match though being much warmer by sound.

That's a bold move to say the least,i believe that the SR325i's and the PS500,represent the two extremes in the Grado line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back