Grado Fan Club!
Jan 27, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #50,806 of 65,686
I'm patiently waiting for the love to erupt for the RS2x, but so far very little! I have these in my sights as the endgame Grado for me, as I would like a collection from different brands, nt just Grado. I'm keen to hear how they compare to Hemp. I've heard they do well, but one data set isn't particularly reliable.

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #50,807 of 65,686
Thanks for the recommendation, everyone. I dont think i can get a pair of GH1 or Hemp easily these days. They are limited are they not? I will probably get a pair of sr60 or sr80 to start with unless they cant provide even a glimpse of what the higher end grados can do. If i like them enough i will probably move up to RS territory. What about the GS series? the price difference going from rs1x to gs1000e is not that big.

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #50,808 of 65,686
Thanks for the recommendation, everyone. I dont think i can get a pair of GH1 or Hemp easily these days. They are limited are they not? I will probably get a pair of sr60 or sr80 to start with unless they cant provide even a glimpse of what the higher end grados can do. If i like them enough i will probably move up to RS territory. What about the GS series? the price difference going from rs1x to gs1000e is not that big.
HEMP can you buy I think. GH1 is not that easy...

Jan 27, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #50,809 of 65,686

The Hemp are in stock everywhere.

You should go with the Hemp or the 325x if you want to hear the real capabilities of the new X driver.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #50,811 of 65,686

If money is a issue, and if it's a first buy, I think you will be pretty happy with the sr60 or sr80. I bought my first Grado (and first good headphone) two years ago, a 80e, and it made me super happy and impressed. Now I just bought the 325x and it`s a hugh jump. But I'm happy that I start with the 80e. The feeling that "It doesn`t get any better than this" and then a new world with the 325x. Very found of them both. And sometimes I still go back to the 80e, there is a delicious rawness in them. But... the new driver is fuller, richer, balanced. Yes, I'm in love. :D

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #50,812 of 65,686
I found the answer!
Custom V8 drivers made by Symphones.

Below is quoted direct from Shipibo:

"Waira (meaning wind in Quechua language of Andes) is a fruit of our decade-long experience in modding and constructing custom headphones. They were 5 years in the making, we took that time to refine the design and manufacturing process of each part to eliminate as many flaws as possible, and during that time all these parts were tested by you – thousands of our customers worldwide, who constantly helped us make them better by the batch.

We’ve designed them with an aim to make them your favorite daily driver, as they combine engaging sound and exceptional comfort with artisan aesthetics and quality.
At their heart you’ll find custom V8 drivers by Symphones, an all-time classic of the DIY community, fine-tuned by our signature shipibo.audio Coins, which flash beautifully from the inside of the black walnut cups. The acoustic chamber is completed by shipibo.audio EP01 earpads that were designed specifically for our custom driver.​

Also, while Waira’s wooden cups are fitted with 3.5 mm connectors, allowing you to plug any matching cable you wish, we’ve already got you covered!​
I was wondering if anyone had purchased the Shipibo Audio Waira headphone? I just ordered a pair with the Anaconda cable and 4.4mm balanced termination. It will about a month before it is shipped.

https://www.shipibo.audio/product-page/shipibo-audio-waira

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #50,813 of 65,686
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #50,815 of 65,686
I have several Grado's and this one peaked my interest. My limited understanding is the sound signature should be above the RS1x but I will find out in a month. I plan to compare it to my GH1 and HP-2.
I will buy it based on the look alone ( yes, I am one of those :)) ,
impression especially with GH1( have this) will be helpful but I have learned , must be on head to fully understand

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #50,816 of 65,686
You should start with the SR225 or SR325 rather than the SR60 or SR80. Not that much more $$ for a big step up.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #50,817 of 65,686
I am curious about it, but the price is a bit high to blindly buy and I haven't seen any reviews.
This. I just ordered pads from them and was intrigued by that very sexy looking Shipibo Audio Waira. Couldn't find anyone talking about it though. Very curious to hear what you think and what you might compare it to @Audio Addict !

Jan 27, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #50,818 of 65,686
Been continuing on the journey with my first pair of Grados. I got the Grado 325x, which come with the F-Pad. I posted a while ago about them, because I was curious about other pads, but someone advised me to stick it out with the F-Pads. I gotta say, it really has improved so much. I'm not sure what it is, but for whatever reason the foam became more and more comfortable as I've worn them, and the sound has settled in along with them! I think they must have just softened up and sit better on my ears. It took about three weeks I'd say! So I just wanted to encourage anyone who's been struggling a bit with the f pads to just stick it out, their sound stage is phenomenal and they really add to the 325x being so aggressive and lively. Music is wonderful on these things.

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #50,820 of 65,686

Users who are viewing this thread

Back