Grado Fan Club!
Aug 13, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #48,362 of 65,910
So let's say I want to go out on a limb and try the Focal Clear. What am I going to hear compared to my PS500e or RS2e?? I've heard several Sennheiser 500+ models and do NOT care for the soft "lush" Sennheiser sound!

(With all due respect, don't reply if you haven't heard the Clear, or if your Grado is lower than a SR325.)
With all respect. Try DT 1770 instead

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #48,363 of 65,910
Congrats on the Hemps! I too have been somewhat befuddled by the idea that they are a "warm" Grado or the "non Grado sounding Grado". They sound like Grados with more bass and slightly rolled off upper treble. While they sound pretty balanced (more so than many a Grado), I would say that they're definitely on the bright side of neutral, even more so than my Beyerdynamic T1s, which compared to something like my HD600s, are quite tilted up in the higher frequencies. This being said, I LOVE my Hemps. They just make music in the funnest way. I always enjoy them no matter what I'm listening to. So, great first Grado purchase!
Agree, and they work really well with the HD DAC1 too!

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #48,365 of 65,910
Q: How many sets of headphones do you need?
A: At least one more than I currently have...
😄😄😄😄😄

The contortions I'll go through to find the one specific use case that TOTALLY justifies a new purchase.

"DoI have anything for listening to lossless FLACs of Scandinavian modal jazz without any trumpets from the 1970s on my AK70?
Better get these just to be sure."

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #48,366 of 65,910
So the prestige series headphones have advanced to the letter "x", how long does it usually take for the other series to follow suite ?
I predict for Reference series will be early October. Since it’s been listed as sold out at 4ourears for awhile now.

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #48,367 of 65,910
Agree, and they work really well with the HD DAC1 too!
Just a little overpowered imo - just wish I had more fine control of the volume. You should hear beyer t1s on the HDDAC1 - crazy good.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #48,368 of 65,910
😄😄😄😄😄

The contortions I'll go through to find the one specific use case that TOTALLY justifies a new purchase.

"DoI have anything for listening to lossless FLACs of Scandinavian modal jazz without any trumpets from the 1970s on my AK70?
Better get these just to be sure."
I could sell you that missing link for 6500.-. It`s perfect for your expectations, but it won`t work with lossless FLACs of Scandinavian modal jazz WITH trumpets from the 1970s.
Paypal and shipping on your side!

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #48,369 of 65,910
Got a pair of Greekia pads for my GH2 and I am surprised how good they work. It is not only the comfort, it is mainly the sound which makes them a real upgrade. It mellows the highs just enough not to loose any information of sparkling and ping!, puts more body and warmth to the mids and to my surprise, they coax real deep bass out of the GH2. On some of my test-music I was realy scared about this little headphones. Stage seems wider and deeper. For me it was easier to fall into the music and changing back to the original pads the sound was harsh and light.
Think I will keep them.

Aug 14, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #48,371 of 65,910
Got a pair of Greekia pads for my GH2 and I am surprised how good they work. It is not only the comfort, it is mainly the sound which makes them a real upgrade. It mellows the highs just enough not to loose any information of sparkling and ping!, puts more body and warmth to the mids and to my surprise, they coax real deep bass out of the GH2. On some of my test-music I was realy scared about this little headphones. Stage seems wider and deeper. For me it was easier to fall into the music and changing back to the original pads the sound was harsh and light.
Think I will keep them.
Which pads are they? They have a few styles.

Aug 14, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #48,372 of 65,910
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #48,373 of 65,910
Hey, does anyone have any impressions to share on Shipibo ear pads? I'm looking into more comfortable options without sacrificing the lush mids and bass on the Hemps. Currently very happy with the F pads sound but not so into the feeling on the ears....

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #48,374 of 65,910
Grado’s and ifi amp/dacs with xbass were made for each other.
I’ve been trying to emulate the xbass effect on the Rme ADI-2 and I can’t.
Love my Hemps.
Agreed! The GH2's really thrive with bass boost on my Pro iCAN.

And you know what else they love? Little Dot MK III. BF2 to Schiit Loki (bass jacked up) to LD MKIII. The Grado's are probably my favourite 'phones on this amp. Not what I expected at all.

Aug 14, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #48,375 of 65,910
New to this thread (although I skimmed through the posts from the last 3 months or so)... I am looking for a good comparison of the X models (SR60x / SR80x / SR125x / SR225x / SR325x). Only comparison I could find was:

sr60x and sr80x area almost identical, I can feel midrange and bass area is slight better with 80X though, but not much.

sr125x is a bit different than both headphones above, it's a little leaner and brighter.

Which is a bit high-level (and does not include the 225 and 325 models).

In general, I prefer warmer, bassier and soother headphones. I know Grado is not well known for its bass, but I would still like to add 1 Grado to my collection. So, I will want one of the bassier Grados, while not being too sharp or treble emphasized.

Any pointers to a good comparison of the 4th gen X lineup is highly desired :)
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back