Grado Fan Club!
Apr 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #466 of 65,719
Haha thanks. I realize its more than likely that its not gonna happen, but a man can hope! 

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #467 of 65,719

Quote:
I think this has already been asked other places but I thought it would fit just fine in here. Does anyone know of some bookshelf speakers that have a similar sound to Grados? I bet its a stretch, but if they're out there then I want 'em.

Yes.  I think I've owned something quite close that can provide the detail that the Grados do and still provide you with a lot of class in a bookshelf speaker.  The Usher S-520.  The pair I owned was finished in cherry veneer and were beautiful to look at - and, listen to.  I sold them only because they were in my bedroom and didn't get much use.  Instead, I put the money into more headphones and accessories.

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #470 of 65,719

Quote:
Yes.  I think I've owned something quite close that can provide the detail that the Grados do and still provide you with a lot of class in a bookshelf speaker.  The Usher S-520.  The pair I owned was finished in cherry veneer and were beautiful to look at - and, listen to.  I sold them only because they were in my bedroom and didn't get much use.  Instead, I put the money into more headphones and accessories.

Thanks I will look into these!

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #471 of 65,719

Quote:
I think I'm a true Grado fan now.  I've even modded my car with a custom license plate frame.  I just got it in the mail today and installed it this evening.

Like kite7 said, thats dedication!

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #473 of 65,719
Uh...what's the name and number of the HVAC company?

Nevermind...bilavideo is doing "wood surgery" to my plastic MS1's!

(You know it's getting bad when you look at those vents and truly wonder how they would/wood sound...)

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #474 of 65,719
Quote:
I think I'm a true Grado fan now.  I've even modded my car with a custom license plate frame.  I just got it in the mail today and installed it this evening.

Hmmm, if someone has a convertible- maybe  "My Grados are open-air too."

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #475 of 65,719
Pictures of my new baby's....they are mine and always will be mine, they are my audio nirvana its just a shame I cant use them out and about. Q.Q

The only face I can make listening to them.

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #476 of 65,719

Quote:

The HVAC tech surely must have been inspired by a pair of GS1000's!

Bleh those left a bad taste in my mouth and ears.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #477 of 65,719
When Grado rules the world, the naysayers will no longer be heard. I look forward to that blessed day, Brethren, when we can cast the Sennheiser blasphemers from the temple ! The unholy alliance between Sennheiser, Skullcandy and Monster really needs to be purged, my brothers, and I think we have the shock troops to do exactly that. They can run, but they cant hide from our sonic magnificence !

(disclaimer: I listen to too much Maiden and Manowar, and I may need a Bex and a good lie down...) 

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #478 of 65,719
When Grado rules the world, the naysayers will no longer be heard. I look forward to that blessed day, Brethren, when we can cast the Sennheiser blasphemers from the temple ! The unholy alliance between Sennheiser, Skullcandy and Monster really needs to be purged, my brothers, and I think we have the shock troops to do exactly that. They can run, but they cant hide from our sonic magnificence !

(disclaimer: I listen to too much Maiden and Manowar, and I may need a Bex and a good lie down...) 

*backs slowly away from thread*

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #479 of 65,719

Quote:

coolstoryi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back