Grado Fan Club!
Apr 5, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #46,756 of 65,626
Enjoy your Magni! You don’t need anything else.
Yeah, I don't feel like I *need* anything else, but I have always wanted to try out tubes and have been thinking about a Vali 2+. I'd also like to hear the Modi Multibit. I'm currently using my old Philips FR965 home theater receiver as a source selector, DAC, and phono pre-amp only. It works, but due to some logistical issues, it's not ideal. A desktop dac and a sys would help clean things up (would still need the Philips for my turntable and cassette deck).

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #46,758 of 65,626
Has ripped my cd’s and used streaming the last years.buyed a few album digital.
I wanna buy some album. But it is hard to find in flac. And cd’s are cheaper. Why?
Don’t like streaming.
Vinyl are too expensive.
Finished with Cd’s. Many of my old are bad

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #46,761 of 65,626
I emailed TTVJ 3 weeks ago. They said the regular TTVJ pads are the Hemp pads. I ordered the deluxe for my HF3.

Many Thanks for clarifying, I will have a closer look and listen 🎧 😀
Still confused. Four years ago I ordered the deluxe pads at TTVJ (together with my GH2 😜). And those pads look identical with those on the Hemps. However, I do not have the non-deluxe to compare with, so I don’t really know the difference. But it is probably not that important (btw you can’t see the difference at TTVJ).
Anyways, I’ll rest my case and just enjoy the music🤓

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #46,762 of 65,626
Apr 5, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #46,763 of 65,626
I remember seeing some diagrams of how to wear grado headphones, but can't seem to find them. I think they were attached to this post
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/grado-fan-club.530965/page-1229#post-10876796
but the attachments don't show for me. I know I saw them relatively recently, not sure if they were here on on another site, but I'd like to find those diagrams. Does anyone know where I could find them?

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #46,764 of 65,626
Still confused. Four years ago I ordered the deluxe pads at TTVJ (together with my GH2 😜). And those pads look identical with those on the Hemps. However, I do not have the non-deluxe to compare with, so I don’t really know the difference. But it is probably not that important (btw you can’t see the difference at TTVJ).
Anyways, I’ll rest my case and just enjoy the music🤓
The regular ttvj flat and deluxe ttvj flat look so much alike that they had to mark the deluxe pads with a little silver dot on the inside to be able to tell them apart. I doubt anyone could tell them apart in pictures alone when mounted to a headphone.

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #46,766 of 65,626
What do you consider sub-bass? If you want 20-25hz, then the Hemps are not your headphone. Anything above about 30hz is pretty good and plenty though. Hemps are fun and punchy headphones. They're definitely NOT audiophile/hi-fi headphones...then again, audiophiles tend not to have fun listening to fun music.
I was asking about the RS1e, not the Hemps. I already have the Hemps and love them. I can agree with what you said about their sub-bass. Not the deepest but still great.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #46,768 of 65,626
Apr 5, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #46,769 of 65,626
And for tonights listening pleasure the original GH that stated it all.
IMG_0123.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back