Grado Fan Club!
Apr 6, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #46,786 of 65,702
Apr 6, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #46,787 of 65,702
Have sold my cd-player.
If i buy cd`s. I must rip them. only have a old thinkpad from 2012.
prefer buying digital. then I know the files is 100%
You seem to really hate CDs. FWIW you can rip CDs in a secure mode, i.e. it will rip the CD several times and compare the results until the program is 99,9% sure it has the right data. I never had any problems with ripping CDs and it saves you tons of money. And in some cases if you get a pre 1995 CD you will avoid badly remastered versions of the albums you want.

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #46,788 of 65,702
Yes hates cd`s. found out for a few years ago, 50% of my cd`s are crap. so I am finished with cd`s
Has cheked a few albums.
cheked price on Tidal shop, 7digital and cdon(CD)
is`s mostly cheapest on tidal.
but these 2 are 40-50% cheaper on CD:

Lioness - Hidden Treasures +​

Back To Black​

think i gonna buy these 2 on cd. rip them.
I will go 100% digital

Apr 6, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #46,789 of 65,702
Yes hates cd`s. found out for a few years ago, 50% of my cd`s are crap. so I am finished with cd`s
Has cheked a few albums.
cheked price on Tidal shop, 7digital and cdon(CD)
is`s mostly cheapest on tidal.
but these 2 are 40-50% cheaper on CD:

Lioness - Hidden Treasures +​

Back To Black​

think i gonna buy these 2 on cd. rip them.
I will go 100% digital

1617712055632.jpeg

Apr 6, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #46,790 of 65,702
Thanks for the input on the GH1, GH2 and the GS3000e. At THESHOW in 2019 or 2018 I heard the GS3000e and liked it. Of all my headphones I own so far the GH1 is my favorite.
You're welcome.
My GH1 was a favorite of mine from the start and still remains that way, as well as the GH2.
Are you listening with the stock L cushions or G cushions? Too my ears with my gear both with G cushions surpassed the GS3000e for my tastes.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #46,792 of 65,702
You put them over your ears.
Except, with the L pads, it's not that easy. L pads worn like any other on-ear are a painful mess. Move them forward a bit, and they're so comfortable I forget I've got them on my head. The diagrams would be nice to show other people who complain about L pad comfort on placement for comfort.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #46,793 of 65,702
Except, with the L pads, it's not that easy. L pads worn like any other on-ear are a painful mess. Move them forward a bit, and they're so comfortable I forget I've got them on my head. The diagrams would be nice to show other people who complain about L pad comfort on placement for comfort.
I mostly throw comfort out the window and constantly re-adjust to get the best sound. THAT is the worst part about L-pads to me. The scratchiness doesn't bother me anymore, but there definitely is a sweet spot where the foam and driver position kinda "aim" the proper way into your ears and you get the most balanced FR & soundstage.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #46,794 of 65,702
Here's a nice listen with Grado EDIT: There are only 7 out of 13 tracks, unfortunately. EDIT (again): Even if this isn't your taste of music, listen to 'Marcus"

Great music, this week I have been playing over a load off there albums which my mate put onto a sd card for me . Nice one . Also Bonney James , Lee ritenour and Larry Carlton. All good smooth fusion. Oh, not forgetting Four play another good group.

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #46,795 of 65,702
Considering vinyl. But think it costs too much.
Digital are cheap and easy
So reading your posts ...you don't really like cd. And you not yet tried the vinyl way. But you like streaming your files. But you can't get everything you want , and its costly. More than Cds. ......
Well what music do you like , styles, etc...pop, jazz, funk, soul, rock, etc ....
Can you not buy CD from somewhere good price like Amazon ? Or take a trip just to buy loads . Then jyst get a £20 CD / DVD external unit to usb to a laptop. Burn the CD to Flac , put onto a decent. Sd card and also back up .....Then drag files onto a nice audio player , Then sell the cds ....you would get good money in Norway.

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #46,796 of 65,702
I used cd’s before. I liked it until i got issues. Before i got issues, I already had ripped my cd’s.
So now I build on my digital collection.
Looks like Tidal store is the best and cheapest store. Have used 7digital a couple if times.
I like vocal, alt,rock, folk etc
Pogues, black 47, levellers, amy winehouse etc
My files are on ondrive and my laptop.
Plan to buy a couple of album of A.winehouse. They are cheaper on cd. But i give a crap and buy them for a higher price on tidal. 7digital don’t offer these album in flac in norway. Only UK

Apr 6, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #46,797 of 65,702
Great music, this week I have been playing over a load off there albums which my mate put onto a sd card for me . Nice one . Also Bonney James , Lee ritenour and Larry Carlton. All good smooth fusion. Oh, not forgetting Four play another good group.
Glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I didn't realize 'Marcus; was 1 of the 6 tracks (total 13) that weren't on the video.
I also enjoy alll the artists you mentioned, and Fourplay is my favorite. If you get a chance and you have Tidal listen to the album 'So Nice' by Marc Antoine & David Benoit...excellent!

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #46,798 of 65,702
Glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I didn't realize 'Marcus; was 1 of the 6 tracks (total 13) that weren't on the video.
I also enjoy alll the artists you mentioned, and Fourplay is my favorite. If you get a chance and you have Tidal listen to the album 'So Nice' by Marc Antoine & David Benoit...excellent!
Agree all top fusion jazzy groups. I hadn't played your link as yet....As I have nearly every album by all the ones I mentioned on my files . Lol

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #46,800 of 65,702

Users who are viewing this thread

Back