Grado Fan Club!
Jul 17, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #41,806 of 65,633
Sorry no. It's on page 10 in the latest edition of HiFi Choice, August 2020.

It says available now. If no-one has heard of it then maybe it's only just been announced.

EDIT: just googled it.

https://www.grado.co.uk/hemp-headphones.html

Honestly you people never cease to amaze me. All I did was google Grado Hemp headphone, and there it was. Why the *** can't you do that?
I did but no Grado headphone made of Hemp costing £3,500 (i.e. a high end GS model) came up ! Most of us Grado Fans know about the Grado Reference Hemp model costing US$420 RRP !

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #41,807 of 65,633
Jul 17, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #41,808 of 65,633
Oh I see. My apologies. I do find I get messed around a lot though with people asking stuff they can easily find. (Like recently in the TT2 thread someone asking what's a good speaker to run from the TT2 RCA outputs. Instead of googling for best speakers under their price range.)

£3,500 did stand out as a lot for hemp headphones, when I saw it in HiFi Choice. Plus it's clearly a basic design, so not a flagship. I am convinced now that HiFi Choice have go it wrong

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #41,812 of 65,633
which pads are better for rs2e?

Anything will work...EXCEPT Grado G pads. Stay away from those since they destroy the sound signature.

I've heard that TTVJ Deluxe Flats work best. I tried normal TTVJ flats and I prefer L pads (with covers, otherwise I get itchy ears).

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #41,815 of 65,633
Over many years I have owned or currently own about 10 different model Grado headphones and have found that the cushion style that comes on the headphone is most often the one I prefer. I will admit that It is usually interesting to try the different cushion options when I obtain an new Grado model. It is hard for me to believe that Grado's selection of the cushion style that they include with each model is entirely random, or entirely governed by economics (however, I suspect the latter is true to some degree for the lower end models). With the higher end models I would think economics is less of a consideration, and sound signature / tuning governs the selection.

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #41,816 of 65,633
Honestly you people never cease to amaze me. All I did was google Grado Hemp headphone, and there it was. Why the *** can't you do that?

Lol. First thing I did was Google Grado Hemp 3500gbp. Nothing came up so then I went straight to Grado Labs website, nothing there so I figured you had ****ed up the pricing and were just talking about the regular Grado Hemp that just got released for less than $3000+ of what you said.

A new $3500 Grado just being released is kind of a big deal around these parts!

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #41,817 of 65,633
Lol. First thing I did was Google Grado Hemp 3500gbp. Nothing came up so then I went straight to Grado Labs website, nothing there so I figured you had ****ed up the pricing and were just talking about the regular Grado Hemp that just got released for less than $3000+ of what you said.

A new $3500 Grado just being released is kind of a big deal around these parts!
Lol :) Yes I did the same.....see my yesterday's reply to Greenbow who did apologise after he read my reply

Jul 18, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #41,819 of 65,633
Yeah, I'm just poking a bit of fun at it, no harm intended. Lol

Felt bad about that. Let one loose at Bonesy Jonesy, because I had been wound up by a few other recently.

However on my life, £3,500 is what is says in August edition of HiFi Choice on page 10. Maybe they meant £350. …. I'd post a snapshot of the page, but I'd risk getting in bother over copyright. … It actually says £3,480 to be precise. I wonder if they mean £480 but hit the 'shift-3' key for the 'pound-sign. Then the '3' again by accident. (I do that sort of thing all the time.)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #41,820 of 65,633
Am vaguely on the lookout for some headphones myself. I recently bought the Shure KSE1200 (IEMS), and they rock. With that sort of diaphragm speed of electrostatics, transients and tonality are very nice. …. However I am still being a bit hesitant, because as yet my music collection is not huge. Thinking about more headphones seems a bit much right now. My KSE1200 being IEM aren't quite the same as headphones though. The soundstage is somewhat compromised, but excellent in my experience of IEMs.

I am lucky though, because I have Dynaudio Special Forty speakers, so I can't complain. Most of the time I have them directly on the RCA outputs of my Chord TT2, so they sound brilliant. The TT2 has an 'amp mode' for driving headphones from headphone sockets, which also goes to the RCA outputs. It has enough power to drive some speakers to good volumes. My Special Forty are not even sensitive but I get enough volume from my TT2 alone. (Without an amplifier.)

Still can't help hankering over headphones. No rush though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back