1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Grado Fan Club!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vikingatheart, Dec 29, 2010.
First

Back
2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688
2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695
Next

Last
  1. joseph69
    No, it's definitely not 5m (16+').
    Maybe you're referring to the Grado extension cable which is 15'?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. joseph69
    I know I'm late to the party, but when was the GS2000e was released?
    Thanks

3. joseph69
    Never mind. 2016. I didn't realize I was this late to the party, wow.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  4. clundbe1
    Just kidding

joseph69 likes this.
  5. samuraivoodoo
    still have my hf1 from a decade back

6. samuraivoodoo
    feel like I woke from a coma and all kinds of weird stuff is here now. wireless audiophile cans. grado 'white' headphones. the future is a strange place

XLR8 likes this.
  7. NewShepherd
    [​IMG]

Just got my GH2!:gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

ESL-1, pepku, gregorya and 4 others like this.
  8. Shane D
    Enjoy! They are amazing.

Shane D

9. ruthieandjohn
    I’ve.been enjoying my GH2’s as my favorite on-ear Grados since they arrived about a month ago.

Then, just for a change, yesterday I got out my RS1e’s, which I’d bought at the HeadRoom store in Bozeman, Montana three years ago. I had put them into storage when we moved to a smaller place about a year ago, and now that we are again in a larger place, I got them out.

WOW!!!

I immediately, like never before, noticed the larger soundstage (they are thicker and hold the drivers further from the ear than the GH2), seem to have more bass (50 mm drivers vs. the GH2’s 44 mm), and greater treble detail. I am playing them on my Lotoo PAW Gold using hi res files, which I think gives me the precision to hear small differences more easily.

For a pair of headphones that were so controversial at their introduction (funny humpy treble response, drivers that extended beyond the cups, black vs. brown headband - mine is a recent version that solves all these problems), it is amazing to find that they reasserted themselves as the one Grado I would have, if I could only have one (I called them that when I first reviewed them thee years ago).

However, like all my on-ear Grados, they become uncomfortable due to pressure of the L bowl pads on the ear after about an hour.

This experience also reminds me that it is not sufficient to compare headphones, as I so often do, in rapid sequences of A/B comparisons. Sometimes you have to live with a pair for a while, and only then change to hear a difference that you can translate into an overall preference. Also, change can be good... you can get burned in, burned out, or fatigued after a long time with one headphone, and a return to an old friend becomes new again!

Oteil, gregorya, XLR8 and 3 others like this.
  10. joseph69
    Couldn't agree more about this entire statement (especially the bold) which happens to me way too easily and way too often.

ESL-1 likes this.
  11. Shane D
    Couldn't agree more! I have six pairs of 'phones now. I will not use a pair for a month or two and then I will pull them out.
    After a very short adjustment period, I am saying to myself "why haven't I been playing these? They're awesome!" Same with amps, but I don't go that long between uses.

Music is awesome! Variety is even awesomer!:yum:

Shane D

gregorya likes this.
  12. ChijiroKuro
    2.20 mts :gs1000smile:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    treebug likes this.
  13. treebug
    Good man, thank you!

14. audiobomber
    A couple of reviews I read suggested to change the L-cush for G-cush ear pads on my GH4. I've been using G pads for a few days now, and I have to agree, they are an improvement in comfort and SQ. As a bonus, I'm using the L pads on my old SR60 and find that an improvement as well.

15. gregorya
    I always have preferred the L-cush on the SR series

ESL-1 and joseph69 like this.
First

Back
2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688
2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695
Next

Last