Grado Fan Club!
Apr 13, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #39,512 of 65,637
Is it very "tubey"? I broke down today and made a long delayed purchase: Loxjie P20 hybrid tube amp. that has many glowing reviews, particularly in balanced mode and I do have a balanced source.
Of course that won't work with the Grado's.:ksc75smile:

Shane D

Did you do that on purpose? :grin: . I have that amp, incidentally, though I really did it get for the balanced-ness of it, I have my HD 700 plugged in it with a balanced cable right now.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #39,513 of 65,637
For those out there with Tidal, I just want to share an excellently recorded amazingly musical Cd called 'So Nice' from David Benoit and Marc Antoine. Even if this isn't your musical preference, I'm sure you'll enjoy it with your Grados!

You just made me fire it up in Tidal... it is delightful! Not a genre I listen to often, but this is making me thinking I should change that. Feels like I'm in a "French Café" :D ....

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #39,515 of 65,637
Did you do that on purpose? :grin: . I have that amp, incidentally, though I really did it get for the balanced-ness of it, I have my HD 700 plugged in it with a balanced cable right now.

I have been waiting on this for months. I have been holding back due to unemployment, but my wife said to grab it because she has a large bonus coming next week. I then had to explain that it needs two more cables to "work properly."

To which she replied "Of course it does.":smirk:

There are some perks to being married for decades...

Shane D

Apr 13, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #39,517 of 65,637
Good to hear, real understanding.

Enjoy........

Well the amp and headphone cable are due Tuesday. However, the source to amp cable (4.4mm to dual XLR cable) is coming from Hong Kong. They state 3 to 7 weeks. In my experience it is usually two to three weeks. So, I will be starting with SE in and balanced out.

I CAN'T stop shopping tubes...:yum:

Shane D

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #39,523 of 65,637
Is it very "tubey"? I broke down today and made a long delayed purchase: Loxjie P20 hybrid tube amp. that has many glowing reviews, particularly in balanced mode and I do have a balanced source.
Of course that won't work with the Grado's.:ksc75smile:

Shane D

Hi Shane,

Curious to get your opinion on Loxjie P20. I am intrigued by the fact that it's a tube amp and the highly-praised balanced in/out mode. I've always wanted to get into the tube game, wonder if this is a good entry.

Won't work with my Grado either but I could always get a balanced headphones down the road if P20's balanced mode really works like magic. :)

Curious how tubey it is? I know the DarkVoice 336 is very tubey. How do they stack up?

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #39,525 of 65,637
Hi Shane,

Curious to get your opinion on Loxjie P20. I am intrigued by the fact that it's a tube amp and the highly-praised balanced in/out mode. I've always wanted to get into the tube game, wonder if this is a good entry.

Won't work with my Grado either but I could always get a balanced headphones down the road if P20's balanced mode really works like magic. :)

Curious how tubey it is? I know the DarkVoice 336 is very tubey. How do they stack up?

I have never heard a real tube amp like the Darkvoice.
I like the sound so far but I am missing one balanced cable (source to amp). Supposedly full balanced is amazing. So far, it sounds a little bassy and a little "thick"? Not sure if thick is the right word. Not as clear as my Burson. So far I have about 12 hours on it.

I have the cable on the slow boat from Hong Kong and Russian tubes are coming across the mountains from Ukraine.

So, I really can't give a fully formed opinion for probably another month.

Also, I have never heard a tube amp so I don't even know what I am listening for.:astonished:

I am just hoping to find a companion amp with a different and hopefully great sound.

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back