Grado Fan Club!
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #37,006 of 65,687
wow it's been very quiet...

jesus christ you guys @ruthieandjohn @joseph69 @ranfan
spare us some goodies, the bling bling
Lol, sorry ruhenheiM. :D There is not much to complain except for the weight. A lot to be praised for the sound though. Will share more tomorrow for sure, hehe. It's midnight here, and I'm going to try to listen the PS2000e with a portable player before going to bed. My previous impression was written with a laptop as its source. So the sound isn't optimal, (but still great). Will try to share some photos too, with some morning sunshine. :) Looks stunningly beautiful.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #37,007 of 65,687
Lol, sorry ruhenheiM. :D There is not much to complain except for the weight. A lot to be praised for the sound though. Will share more tomorrow for sure, hehe. It's midnight here, and I'm going to try to listen the PS2000e with a portable player before going to bed. My previous impression was written with a laptop as its source. So the sound isn't optimal, (but still great). Will try to share some photos too, with some morning sunshine. :) Looks stunningly beautiful.

same here,also midnight :D those weight sure does need some adaptation, most of my headphones are light weight, my most heavy headphone was akg k340. i already sold mine though, and i think k340 was lighter than ps1ke but i'm not sure which one more annoying, i remember those akg really does put some work on my neck

haha step by step, yours also not burned in i assumed?
btw since you have many daps. could you test them all direct for ps2000e? which one could drive ps2000e properly. i tried psk1e direct from laptop and ak100, it sounds dull

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #37,009 of 65,687
So I've been talking mad crap on Grado for a long time. Never liked anything I heard, the whole SR line, RS1/2, the PS500 was okay and that was all.

Well, I gotta prostrate myself and beg forgiveness. Spent some time with the GH-1 and they are just gorgeous. Sweet and inviting, open and relaxed. I can't say I'd use them for everything, but they've got rock down pat.

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #37,010 of 65,687
="SomeGuyDude, post: 13918900, member: 334165"]So I've been talking mad **** on Grado for a long time. Never liked anything I heard, the whole SR line, RS1/2, the PS500 was okay and that was all.

Well, I gotta prostrate myself and beg forgiveness. Spent some time with the GH-1 and they are just gorgeous. Sweet and inviting, open and relaxed. I can't say I'd use them for everything, but they've got rock down pat.
Try them with the Grado G cushions too.

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #37,011 of 65,687
waiting on my g-cushes to come in for my original ps500 that just came in the week ! i'm back !
ps500, and sr125e, and there may be more to come
:L3000:

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #37,013 of 65,687
once a gradohead, always a gradohead, i may stray, but grado is my first love

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #37,015 of 65,687
I've heard that, but what do they do really? I didn't hear much I needed to change, is it just a comfort thing?
They give you a nice alternative, like having 2 headphones in one.
The sound stage/instrument separation is nicely improved all the while still retaining a nice bass frequency. And if you have an issue with comfort
(which I don't) the G cushions are over ear. Not many Grados sound good that come with stock L cushion with the G cushions, but the GH1 is definitely one of the exceptions!

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #37,016 of 65,687
I've heard that, but what do they do really? I didn't hear much I needed to change, is it just a comfort thing?
FYI, there is a difference between the Grado G-pads ($30-40) and the generic G-pads ($4-6 on ebay). I like the generic not only because of the cost but they are a bit softer and give the bass a 1-2dB boost and still have the better sound stage of the Grado G-pad.

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #37,017 of 65,687
@ruhenheiM Sharing a few photos of PS2ke I took this morning:

same here,also midnight :D those weight sure does need some adaptation, most of my headphones are light weight, my most heavy headphone was akg k340. i already sold mine though, and i think k340 was lighter than ps1ke but i'm not sure which one more annoying, i remember those akg really does put some work on my neck

haha step by step, yours also not burned in i assumed?
btw since you have many daps. could you test them all direct for ps2000e? which one could drive ps2000e properly. i tried psk1e direct from laptop and ak100, it sounds dull
So far, my neck is still alright. :D Tested it directly to three of my DAPs. With Opus#2, I need to turn the volume 100/150. The sound is leaner, but more accurate. The bass sounds more neutral with it, unsuitable for listening to electronic/bass genre. Listening to Amber Rubarth (open.spotify.com/track/54j7DPdfAQkQfjgwDp9ugt), I can hear the soundstage being super-spacious, and wide. The layering and separation ability are amazing. Each instruments are very well separated, and layered. You can really feel the depth, and width as if you're there. The vocal in the center, and the rest supporting it from their respective sides. It can be easily distinguished where each sound is coming from, its source direction. With PS2000e, you're listening further distant, but you can feel yourself immersed as if you're in the studio with the musician. Vocal is sweet, and airy. With even each breath defined/recreated precisely. Guitar timbre, and drum is vey accurate, and well executed. The treble is brighter on Opus#2, but it's never piercing, or peaky. Due to its leaner note size, and more neutral approach/tuning, the PS2000e with Opus#2 sounds less engaging than WM1A which has a warmer, bassier sound. I think the PS2000e pairs better with warmer players, because it gives a more analog natural sound from it. Out of all players, the PS2ke didn't sound dull to my ears. It's just that with brighter source, the notes can become thin, and less engaging. They can all drive the headphone well.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #37,018 of 65,687
@ranfan
how about iriver ak70 mk2? btw the front drivers seems little bit blue color from the pictures? and i would say the silk screen would've done little bit better, i'm just cherry picking here :D with a pads on it's almost unnoticeable. as long as the sound is great and headphone itself could last for a very long time, that's more than enough for me

have you drive it with external amplifier?

Dec 17, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #37,019 of 65,687
@ranfan
how about iriver ak70 mk2? btw the front drivers seems little bit blue color from the pictures? and i would say the silk screen would've done little bit better, i'm just cherry picking here :D with a pads on it's almost unnoticeable. as long as the sound is great and headphone itself could last for a very long time, that's more than enough for me

have you drive it with external amplifier?
I did a comparison between the three players here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/astell-kern-ak70-mkii-with-dual-dac.860871/page-30#post-13872288

Basically, the AK70II makes the PS2ke sound more natural, and smooth, at the expense of less stellar technicalities and smaller soundstage. (But still impressive nonetheless).

The little blue colour/dot, isn't visible when you listen. No need to worry. I don't think it affects the sound as well. :D Curious myself how it'll scale as it is fed with greater power. I think it'll sound significantly better with a good amp. Which sadly I do not have. Gonna bring it to CanJam next year, and try it with the array of amps displayed for demo there, hehe. As far as sound quality goes, I'm content if this would be my end-game headphone.

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #37,020 of 65,687
the L-cushes don't bother me, but i know some don't really like it, but i can say they are more comfortable.
as for the sound difference it's been so long ago, other than i know i pr
FYI, there is a difference between the Grado G-pads ($30-40) and the generic G-pads ($4-6 on ebay). I like the generic not only because of the cost but they are a bit softer and give the bass a 1-2dB boost and still have the better sound stage of the Grado G-pad.

i agree the generics are softer, but of the ones i've used, the shape, dept of the bowl aren't the same. the grado's are deeper, i very much prefer the grado pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back