Grado Fan Club!
Nov 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #36,856 of 65,606
I think my low on big head ears have built up some resistance to Grado induced pain. Because these are as comfy as my old pair and that's before i've done any stretching of the headband.
that's good then. but don't make a quick judgement, wait until 3-4 hours listening. if you're still feel fine, i envy you man:gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

Nov 26, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #36,857 of 65,606
you actually the first person i encounter to adjust the rod all the way up there haha. mmm i'm not sure if you could adjust the cap but i think it's removeable,i think it hold by the glue. if you want to move it up you might need to glue it back. i don't know how to remove it though maybe by shaking it. someone who mod their grado extensively could help you to give some tricks

Yeah it's removable. They both were removable on my old pair.

Maybe i could switch them with the two on my old pair?

To be honest they seem pretty great at full size anyway.

Maybe i where them a bit low on my ears, or maybe because my old pads were were so flat they seemed lower on my ears. Bit hard to explain that last bit.

Nov 26, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #36,858 of 65,606
that's good then. but don't make a quick judgement, wait until 3-4 hours listening. if you're still feel fine, i envy you man:gs1000smile::gs1000smile:
Yeah maybe not as comfy just yet, but not far off.

I think when you've had Grados before it's not a shock to have a little bit of comfort issues initially. It's was more of a surprise when i first got my 125's when i'd previously been using the Sennheiser px-100's.

Third album and something a bit rockier. Black Sabbath's debut album:L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #36,859 of 65,606
Yeah maybe not as comfy just yet, but not far off.

I think when you've had Grados before it's not a shock to have a little bit of comfort issues initially. It's was more of a surprise when i first got my 125's when i'd previously been using the Sennheiser px-100's.

Third album and something a bit rockier. Black Sabbath's debut album:L3000:

maybe, i wasn't pay attention to that kind of thing, comfort was not really my issue back then, it's not even on my priority but with time and maybe being spoiled by some other headphones in comfort area, i wear my on-ear grado again this year and comfort suddenly become an issue for me, somehow i couldn't get pass 2 hours listening session,i tried many times and failed miserably, it just annoying me, they really are sound great, looks amazing, and wearing the heavy ps1000e to super light plastic and wood grado, feels really great on my neck

only grado could make rock and metal sounds superb

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #36,860 of 65,606
3. The third thing i've noticed is that, what i first thought was the metal rods that are connected the gimbals were shorter than my old 125's. But when i put them side by side they are the same length and it's the black plastic cap that is a lot bigger.

They seem ok at full size but i'd like to try them a bit bigger. I thought i'd ask you guy's before i tried moving them.

Can the black cap be moved up the rods to give me a bit more size, if you get what i mean?
Just a little update on this, if anyone's interested.

The black caps just twist off easy, almost too easily even. I then put the black caps off my 125's on and they fit great, maybe a nicer tighter fit.

I'm calling it the 'big head mod'.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #36,861 of 65,606
Yeah, that's it.

edit: On my old pair i used to have about 3mm of metal showing above the black L/R, then the cap if you get what i mean?

I've always thought i had a big head, or maybe my ears are low on my head, or both.

Second album is 'Air'- Talkie Walkie. Great album, sounds great
Most of the black rod caps come off quite easily. I have some that are 11mm and some that are 14mm so would be about right if you say you had about 3mm showing. The other thing is the spring steel strap and how deep they sit in the rod blocks is not always consistent so it may also be a cause of fit issues.

Nov 26, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #36,862 of 65,606
Most of the black rod caps come off quite easily. I have some that are 11mm and some that are 14mm so would be about right if you say you had about 3mm showing. The other thing is the spring steel strap and how deep they sit in the rod blocks is not always consistent so it may also be a cause of fit issues.

As i said in the post just above yours i've put my 125's rod caps on.

The rs2e rod caps were as you said about 14mm and my old ones were about 10/11mm. Doesn't sound like much difference but it does for my head.

Every mm counts, dammit.

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #36,863 of 65,606
As i said in the post just above yours i've put my 125's rod caps on.

The rs2e rod caps were as you said about 14mm and my old ones were about 10/11mm. Doesn't sound like much difference but it does for my head.

Every mm counts, dammit.

i believe the next phrase would be....that's what she said

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #36,867 of 65,606
Them as well
Burnley has such a great solid defense. Too bad they conceded a penalty at the last minute against Arsen. I watched them yesterday using my new Grado, and it felt so immersive, like I was in the stadium. The depth, and layering ability of this pair is very good. :)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #36,868 of 65,606
Burnley has such a great solid defense. Too bad they conceded a penalty at the last minute against Arsen. I watched them yesterday using my new Grado, and it felt so immersive, like I was in the stadium. The depth, and layering ability of this pair is very good. I think Sean Dyche has big shoes. :)
Third game in row against Burnley that Arsenal have scored a late winner. A shame but it's been a fantastic start to the season for Burnley.

Glad you're enjoying your new headphones, so am i, well my new headphones that is.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #36,869 of 65,606
Third game in row against Burnley that Arsenal have scored a late winner. A shame but it's been a fantastic start to the season for Burnley.

Glad you're enjoying your new headphones, so am i, well my new headphones that is.
Which headphone do you have by the way? And which model(s) have you listened so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back