Grado Fan Club!
Nov 25, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #36,828 of 65,468
I used to have a nice pair of SR225e, but now felt missing after selling it. :frowning2: That brilliant sound.
Since I only had the original RS1e (the bad one which was returned for the RS2e) and my RS2e and SR225e are both modded (dynamat in the cups for both and on back of SR225e driver, generic G-pads on both) don't put much weight on my impressions.
The RS2e has some of the smoothest highs of all the headphones I've heard and has a touch more of the "brilliant sound" that you liked in the SR225e but the SR225e seems to be more receptive to mods than the RS2e but there is nothing you can do to the SR225e to get the smooth extended highs of the RS2e. The RS1e was a bit disappointing and it was only after returning them that many more reviews started to also say it was a disappointment and I haven't heard the newer version so I can't say how it would compare to the RS2e.

To most of my friends the SR225e is the sweet spot in the Grado line up between price and performance so only you can say if the RS2e or RS1e is worth the cost over the SR225e.

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #36,829 of 65,468
if rs2e an over ear, it would also make them one of the most comfort grado. i really do think grado need to re-design the pad, at least for the rs series. it's pricey, open back headphone,made out of wood.i don't think a lot of people going to use it at street. most of the time people going to use it at home i assume and that could be hours of listening session. those pad easily could be the problem. back then with sr60, i could easily tolerate it, sure it wasn't the most comfort headphone i ever wear,but it sounds great and its affordable.i could live with that. tell me better headphone, have similar sound like that,a lot more comfort in that price range. yea suddenly it became really hard question, there are not many options. so **** and suck it up..but for the price of rs series, i really do think grado could've done better to improve the comfort area. the headphone is super light! it easily could become the most comfortable headphone

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #36,831 of 65,468
Regarding comfort, does anyone find their Grados are more comfortable when they have long hair?

When my hair was longer i'd always make sure I had some hair between my ears and the pads. A few weeks ago I had to have my hair cut for a funeral so it's going to be awhile before my hair is over my ears again.

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #36,832 of 65,468
Regarding comfort, does anyone find their Grados are more comfortable when they have long hair?

When my hair was longer i'd always make sure I had some hair between my ears and the pads. A few weeks ago I had to have my hair cut for a funeral so it's going to be awhile before my hair is over my ears again.

i can't chime in for the rs2e. but with ps1000e i found its much comfort wear it when i have short hair than longer hair.long hair make my ears warm very quickly and the feeling of the pad touching your head really weird and when you move your head, the pad also move around little bit,it seems the pads just do not have better grip to stay in position.less friction i guess with long hair maybe it could benefit with lighter headphone but for heavy headphone like ps1000e. the whole thing really need to stay in firm position

by long hair i mean i could do short pony tail. and by short hair it meant undercut

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #36,833 of 65,468
i can't chime in for the rs2e. but with ps1000e i found its much comfort wear it when i have short hair than longer hair.long hair make my ears warm very quickly and the feeling of the pad touching your head really weird and when you move your head, the pad also move around little bit,it seems the pads just do not have better grip to stay in position.less friction i guess with long hair maybe it could benefit with lighter headphone but for heavy headphone like ps1000e. the whole thing really need to stay in firm position

by long hair i mean i could do short pony tail. and by short hair it meant undercut

The ps1000e is alot heavier so i can see how that might be a problem.

Regarding your ears getting hot, i'm guessing you live somewhere warmer than bloody Burnley. If it's not pissing down here, and it usually is, I could use your ps1000e's as earmuffs.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #36,834 of 65,468
The ps1000e is alot heavier so i can see how that might be a problem.

Regarding your ears getting hot, i'm guessing you live somewhere warmer than bloody Burnley, if it's not pissing down here, and it usually is, I could use your ps1000e's as earmuffs.

hahaha that would be a very expensive earmuff :D
i'm living near the equator, god damn jakarta. funny thing with ps1000e is now i cut my hair regularly, every time i get funny feeling wearing ps1000e then it's time to get a hair cut

Nov 25, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #36,835 of 65,468
hahaha that would be a very expensive earmuff :D
i'm living near the equator, god damn jakarta. funny thing with ps1000e is now i cut my hair regularly, every time i get funny feeling wearing ps1000e then it's time to get a hair cut

'Grado ps1000e, the best sounding earmuffs out of Brooklyn'

I know Grado don't tend to do much advertising but this could be good for the Canadian market.

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #36,836 of 65,468
So far with the GS2000e with the stock tubes Woo Audio WA6-SE it is doing a lot of things right. Excellent mid-range, not so annoying treble, and solid low end. Well then, time to put my pair of the GH1 for sale (which is available for sale right now).

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #36,837 of 65,468
I did it!

I DID IT!!!

I DID IT!!!!

GS2000e and PS2000e.png

I ordered both the Grado PS2000e and the Grado GS2000e from my local Grado distributor, Overture Audio, Ann Arbor, MI. I got them both in balanced mode. They have a single-ended GS2000e in stock... listened to it and salivated while the order was being written up.

Likely to be here in two weeks or so.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #36,838 of 65,468

My GF and most of her girl friends usually put their hair up so the ear pads are resting mostly unobstructed on their head since they all say that hair between the driver and ears changes the sound too much to them, it creates a bit of a "veiled" sound to them. I also push my hair aside when listening to headphones but what hair that covers my ears is no where near as thick as the girls. I do know that if my hair gets a little long my LCD-2 will easily slide of if I look down since the leather faced pads slide easily on my hair and my GF doesn't even bother using the LCD-2 since its just too heavy for her.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #36,839 of 65,468
My GF and most of her girl friends usually put their hair up so the ear pads are resting mostly unobstructed on their head since they all say that hair between the driver and ears changes the sound too much to them, it creates a bit of a "veiled" sound to them. I also push my hair aside when listening to headphones but what hair that covers my ears is no where near as thick as the girls. I do know that if my hair gets a little long my LCD-2 will easily slide of if I look down since the leather faced pads slide easily on my hair and my GF doesn't even bother using the LCD-2 since its just too heavy for her.

i experiences it for a few times before i cut my hair regularly, sometimes i notice it, sometimes i wasn't really pay attention. i thought i was hallucinating. my first thought when that happen was maybe my ears got really dirty so i cleaned my ears and it still sounded like that

i cut my hair because i could sense when i wear ps1000e, i didn't get proper fit like i used to before my hair got longer also my ears got really really hot very quickly. i wasn't really think my hair could change the sound that much but to think about it now, yeah i used to have some weird moments like sometimes the ps1000e sound different when i have long hair, since i cut my hair regularly i never get those feeling but i never post anything because i thought maybe it was placebo hahaha

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #36,840 of 65,468
I've always ordered my Grados without hair.

I did it!

I DID IT!!!
I ordered both the Grado PS2000e and the Grado GS2000e from my local Grado distributor, Overture Audio, Ann Arbor, MI. I got them both in balanced mode. They have a single-ended GS2000e in stock... listened to it and salivated while the order was being written up.

Likely to be here in two weeks or so.
Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back