Grado Fan Club!
May 28, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #35,626 of 65,605
if grado release a headphone that doesn't have a grado signature sound as we know or basically just a another flagship headphone trying to beat every competitor in every technical aspect, do you guys like that?
Depends, I like the GH1 and GH2 and these seem to deviate from the Grado sound signature, but I think I prefer that Grado "house sound".

Here is a major treat (IMO) for your Grados by Bob James & Earl Klugh "The Falcon" which is what I was listening to last night when I pushed my 009. I've pushed the PS1K with this track as well and it sounds fantastic! Please keep in mind this is from You Tube…I have the Cd imported to JRiver which is recorded excellent!
Don't know what the hell is going on here, but I'm having issues uploading the video URL!
Got it after several times trying…hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #35,628 of 65,605
thanks for the link! i just listened to that.that is very nice track

btw today i was reading some threads on head-fi and come across to these tracks.it's interesting

May 29, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #35,630 of 65,605
@ruhenheiM
I just listened tonight with my 325is/MBP at my desktop being I got in later than expected.
The 2 tracks you posted earlier are very interesting indeed. I actually have 2 Cd's (Rendezvous Lounge 1 & 2) which have some tracks which remind me of the 2nd track. Now…the track (it didn't show the name) from the Cd Gypsy New Flamenco caught my attention immediately, I thought it was fantastic! I had to have it, so I just ordered the Cd from Amazon so I can import it to JRiver instead of hearing it through You Tube. I see it is a various artist Cd and I'm hoping I enjoy the rest of the tracks as much as this one. Do you have the Cd? When I receive the Cd I will do the comparison for you. Thanks for turning me on to it!

May 29, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #35,631 of 65,605
hahaha yea. when i first heard that 2nd track, it really remind me to some of movie soundtrack i used to put on my playlist, it sounded familiar to me but i just can't figure it out what is it.but the track sound interesting

the gypsy new flamenco? you mean duende by bozzio levin stevens? i just googled it, i didn't realize there's a compilation cd about flamenco themes. i only have their album the bozzio levin stevens. but that flamenco cd sounds interesting. i'm glad you like it. i was blown away when i first heard that track, it sounds fantastic, first thought i had was the end of the song really epic,second thought was who the hell are these guys.and then it turned out they're kinda legend.

i really appreciate you took your time to listen to the track.i'll looking forward for your comparison:beerchug:

May 29, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #35,632 of 65,605
hahaha yea. when i first heard that 2nd track, it really remind me to some of movie soundtrack i used to put on my playlist, it sounded familiar to me but i just can't figure it out what is it.but the track sound interesting

the gypsy new flamenco? you mean duende by bozzio levin stevens? i just googled it, i didn't realize there's a compilation cd about flamenco themes. i only have their album the bozzio levin stevens. but that flamenco cd sounds interesting. i'm glad you like it. i was blown away when i first heard that track, it sounds fantastic, first thought i had was the end of the song really epic,second thought was who the hell are these guys.and then it turned out they're kinda legend.

i really appreciate you took your time to listen to the track.i'll looking forward for your comparison:beerchug:
Yes, I meant "Duende" by Gypsy Soul. I didn't realize "Duende" was the name of the track and "New Flamenco" was the name of the Cd. According to Amazon this states it's a various artist Cd. I purchased the used one for half the price since I'm going to import it to my library. Can't wait to receive it, it will be here between June 5-21. I'm also going to listen to samples on iTunes to hear what els I might be interested in.

May 29, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #35,633 of 65,605
@ruhenheiM
Scratch the above post, my misunderstanding, "Gypsy Soul" isn't the artist, I was a bit confused because when I went into iTunes to sample other albums from "Gypsy Soul" (which did come up) this was not the same music at all. The artist is (as you said) "Bozzio Leven Stevens". The search continues!

May 29, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #35,634 of 65,605
Got it straight now. "Duende" by "Bozzio Leven Stevens" is one of the tracks on the Cd "Gypsy Soul: New Flamenco" which is a Cd of various artists. "Duende" is a track from their album "Black Light Syndrome". They only have 2 albums as far as I came across, one being the previous I mentioned, and the other being "Situation Dangerous. Both albums consist of tracks being mostly metal type music.

May 29, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #35,635 of 65,605
hahaha yes you are correct. bozzio leven stevens as far as i know they only released 2 albums. and mostly it contains metal music it's kinda fusion but mostly metal.if you like liquid tension experiment. you're most likely going to like these guys.anyway that track duende is very special.and i'm also looking forward for those cd you just bought if you could share a little bit if is it good or not once you listened to it

May 29, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #35,636 of 65,605
hahaha yes you are correct. bozzio leven stevens as far as i know they only released 2 albums. and mostly it contains metal music it's kinda fusion but mostly metal.if you like liquid tension experiment. you're most likely going to like these guys.anyway that track duende is very special.and i'm also looking forward for those cd you just bought if you could share a little bit if is it good or not once you listened to it
It was bait confusing. I'll definitely let you know how the Cd is when I get it. If it's not to my liking "Duende" will be the most expensive track I ever purchased, lol.

May 30, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #35,638 of 65,605
My GR10e IEMs sound very similar to Grado on-ears... very transparent, "you are there" with the musicians, clear treble, great mids and voice, medium and very precise bass, modest sound stage. They isolate sound quite well, and best of all, they are so tiny that you can get a great fit by jamming them into your ears and you can sleep on your ear on your side with them in with no discomfort.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #35,639 of 65,605
Hey! Might be an odd question but what's the general recommendation for a lower-mid tier pair of Grado's?

I'd say SR 80(i/e) -> SR 325(e/i/is/or whatever they call them now) -> RS 2([..]/e) -> PS 500 or GS 1000 or GS 2000 or PS 1000 or PS 2000

SR 80 = lower
SR 325 = lower mid
RS 2 = mid
RS 1 = upper mid(or lower top)
PS 500 = mid top
all else is top to endgame

In my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #35,640 of 65,605
I'd say RS80(i/e) -> RS325(e/i/is/or whatever they call them now) -> RS2([..]/e) -> PS500 or GS1000 or GS2000 or PS1000 or PS2000

rs80 = lower
rs325 = lower mid
rs 2 = mid
rs1 = upper mid(or lower top)
PS500 = mid top
all else is top to endgame

In my opinion, of course.

Did you mean the SR80 and SR325? I couldn't find RS80 and RS325 but I found the RS1 and RS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back