Grado Fan Club!
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #35,386 of 65,637
Oh wow, excellent indeed. I'd buy those right this second if it weren't for the ps2ke coming out. I've kinda put a hold on new Grados until then.. plus I just bought a brand new headtrip amp lol so audio funds are very tight haha

Hey, did you just post your Headtrip on Reddit? Pretty sure I just read over a thread with some pics of well that very same amp and story!

Non the less, amp wise I was really impressed with my HM901-iBasso PB2, I've built that rig for low impedeance headphones, like my W1000X and Th X00, it worked really nice with the RS2E! But I kinda want a nice hybrid tube for some of the... more controlled Grado Esque headphones, I'd imagine the PS500E with some gCrush Pads would do nice on a tube... to help smooooth out that really hot top end 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #35,387 of 65,637
Hey, did you just post your Headtrip on Reddit? Pretty sure I just read over a thread with some pics of well that very same amp and story!

Non the less, amp wise I was really impressed with my HM901-iBasso PB2, I've built that rig for low impedeance headphones, like my W1000X and Th X00, it worked really nice with the RS2E! But I kinda want a nice hybrid tube for some of the... more controlled Grado Esque headphones, I'd imagine the PS500E with some gCrush Pads would do nice on a tube... to help smooooth out that really hot top end 

Nope I only lurke on reddit, never post haha

Also the LeeLoo is an absolutely incredible tube amp. Ask Justin for some clean and transparent tubes and you'll have perfectly silent noise floor and background with a precise amount of warmth and sweetness to smooth out the Grado

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #35,388 of 65,637
Nope I only lurke on reddit, never post haha

Also the LeeLoo is an absolutely incredible tube amp. Ask Justin for some clean and transparent tubes and you'll have perfectly silent noise floor and background with a precise amount of warmth and sweetness to smooth out the Grado

Sadly I'm not quite ready to delve into totl tube amps just yet! I might save up for a Project Ember Amp here shortly and pair it with some E88 CCs or E82CCs, when I had my project starlight I never quite got a chance to listen to some of the nice Vokshods I got in :/ a real shame too I think I grabbed a nice one for around $40 out of the Balkans, or grab another GE Octal, I remember I really liked those

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #35,389 of 65,637

Bought these original SR80 cups and drivers from another member and put together a headband for them with a Modhouse leather strap and a set of 3d printed rod blocks. I accidentally jammed out until 1 in the morning with them. I enjoy these more then the SR60e I have (which are about to go under the knife for some mods). What would be a good next step up within Grado that I could pull off this year (used sub $400)? I have the soon to modified SR60e, these and about to have HD600s. RS2 (which series)? SR225 or SR325 (i or e)?

Also these left me really impressed with Grado's customer service. One of the rods had come lose from the gimbel and disappeared. Grado sent me two replacements for free.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #35,390 of 65,637
Awesome stuff Civic!

I don't know which you'd prefer but I feel confident in saying that the 225 is best with "e" series and the 325 is best with "I" series. So I'd say either 225e or 325i of those two choices. Depends on what kind of sound you want. but both are really good.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #35,391 of 65,637
Awesome stuff Civic!

I don't know which you'd prefer but I feel confident in saying that the 225 is best with "e" series and the 325 is best with "I" series. So I'd say either 225e or 325i of those two choices. Depends on what kind of sound you want. but both are really good.

Get one of those two over the RS2i or e? I need to find somewhere where I can demo some Grados.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #35,392 of 65,637
Get one of those two over the RS2i or e? I need to find somewhere where I can demo some Grados.

Oh actually if you're considering the rs2 then the RS2e is the best version and it is also the best versus the other headphones mentioned too. It's one of the best Grado headphones made imo.. I'd highly recommend trying them yourself in a store (likely they'll only have e series to demo) or borrowing from somewhere. Again though, RS2e is a super great headphone. Next for my personal choice would be 225e. But these are just my personal preferences.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #35,393 of 65,637
Oh actually if you're considering the rs2 then the RS2e is the best version and it is also the best versus the other headphones mentioned too. It's one of the best Grado headphones made imo.. I'd highly recommend trying them yourself in a store (likely they'll only have e series to demo) or borrowing from somewhere. Again though, RS2e is a super great headphone. Next for my personal choice would be 225e. But these are just my personal preferences.

orrrrrrrrrrrr this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-RS-2-w-Blue-Dragon-and-case-/232311936044?hash=item3616ded42c:g:0P8AAOSwSypY~ZOU

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #35,394 of 65,637
Joined the club again, used to have some old SR60's, missed how great they were and sold my Beyers and went back to the more engaging grados.

I'll be gently modding them (new cable and grill) mainly.

Also far from bright and piercing with my tube amp.

IMG_20170426_235423.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #35,396 of 65,637
Yeah I was in the process of trying to buy something on the FS forum and then this happens. Some warning sure would have been nice... or if there was a warning, I sure didn't see it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #35,397 of 65,637
Lol, I was just about to post a new thread and title it "help me find the Grado fan club thread, I'm lost!"

Damn this new update sucks balls right now. Hope they iron out all the wrinkles! :D

and there are some BIG WRINKLES !!

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #35,398 of 65,637
Lol, I was just about to post a new thread and title it "help me find the Grado fan club thread, I'm lost!"

Damn this new update sucks balls right now. Hope they iron out all the wrinkles! :D

Ha ha....I am with you brother!

I am like a first grader , trying to do an algebra problem :confused:

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #35,400 of 65,637
Lol, oh man this is starting to be a REAL pain! I had to resort to Google-ing Grado fan club just to find my way back in here!

Lol, that's some BIG ASS WRINKLES indeed @Jay willing :D
In the upper right hand corner click on "unread" and all of your threads should show. I actually set this page to my favorites so I can immediately see my unread posts So far so good.

EDIT: All threads you're subscribed to will show the "unread" posts. As you read them, they will automatically be removed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back