Grado Fan Club!
Feb 1, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #34,486 of 66,325
loooooooooong two day, time to relax with some tunes   , who's listening 

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #34,487 of 66,325
  loooooooooong two day, time to relax with some tunes   , who's listening 

I'm with you Jay, I'm currently watching the Canadians vs the Flyers, but I plan to end the evening with Montréal's own Leonad Cohen's sublime ''Songs From The Road'' album.

Oh! I just visited Grado's official website, and I couldn't believe how many special edition models they have produced.
eek.gif
I'm not sure what to think about that. Here I am thinking I own something special with my GH-1 and Bushmills, and they're just the tip of the iceberg!
rolleyes.gif

What's your take on this Jay?

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #34,488 of 66,325

I'm with you Jay, I'm currently watching the Canadians vs the Flyers, but I plan to end the evening with Montréal's own Leonad Cohen's sublime ''Songs From The Road'' album.

Oh! I just visited Grado's official website, and I couldn't believe how many special edition models they have produced.
eek.gif
I'm not sure what to think about that. Here I am thinking I own something special with my GH-1 and Bushmills, and they're just the tip of the iceberg!
rolleyes.gif

What's your take on this Jay?

damn, i didn't either, mixed feelings
gh-1, yes, something special pertaining  to the grado
bushmills- yes, unique being closed
the other, mehhhhhhhh, 

oh, the HF's yes and the goldies are pretty, in fact came close to getting a pair a little while ago

the "names" no

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #34,489 of 66,325
and by they y'all listening to an allmans show on deepjams,net, the just played "strange thing" and KILLED it just segued into liz reed   
eek.gif

a while ago "les brers in a minor"  just awesome

deepjams.net is an internet radio station that focusses on jam bands and blues, it be accessed on the web, tune in radio, and roon
(roon does indeed the best)
HIGHLY recomended

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #34,490 of 66,325
  damn, i didn't either, mixed feelings
gh-1, yes, something special pertaining  to the grado
bushmills- yes, unique being closed
the other, mehhhhhhhh, 

oh, the HF's yes and the goldies are pretty, in fact came close to getting a pair a little while ago

the "names" no

I remember when the GS1000i was the current model, Grado came out with the Dolce Gabana edition wich were left over first gen GS1000 they sported the 4 conductor cable instead of the 8 of the ''i'' model. 

Speaking of names, there's a pair of Grado Alessandro MS1 in the local adds. The guy is asking $125 CDN wich is about $100 US. I don't know much about them, but they seem to have a deeper chamber than the regular Prestige Series.

I realsie that I keed another pair of Grado like I need a second butthole, but if they sound better to me than my SR80e, I would give my 80e to my niece.

By the way Jay, the Bushmills are actually open, the holes are on the Inside of the earcups.
wink.gif

Even after 30 years, Terry Nunn can still rock this song, enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPE4kxN320

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #34,491 of 66,325

I remember when the GS1000i was the current model, Grado came out with the Dolce Gabana edition wich were left over first gen GS1000 they sported the 4 conductor cable instead of the 8 of the ''i'' model. 

Speaking of names, there's a pair of Grado Alessandro MS1 in the local adds. The guy is asking $125 CDN wich is about $100 US. I don't know much about them, but they seem to have a deeper chamber than the regular Prestige Series.

I realsie that I keed another pair of Grado like I need a second butthole, but if they sound better to me than my SR80e, I would give my 80e to my niece.

By the way Jay, the Bushmills are actually open, the holes are on the Inside of the earcups.
wink.gif

Even after 30 years, Terry Nunn can still rock this song, enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPE4kxN320

i sure liked the ms1 more the 60, i hadn't heard the 80 at the time
oh yeah,i forgot that about the bushmills, but i thought it was more like semi-closed ?

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #34,492 of 66,325
  boys it's quiet here.................., i guess everyone is listening to their grados !

My PS500s are getting some sustained attention from me at the moment. So good.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #34,493 of 66,325
  i sure liked the ms1 more the 60, i hadn't heard the 80 at the time
oh yeah,i forgot that about the bushmills, but i thought it was more like semi-closed ?

I prefer to see the glass half full, so I'm going to say semi-open.
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #34,495 of 66,325
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #34,496 of 66,325
  seems senn/grado hybrids are popular amongst some members.
has anyone tried them and can comment on sound sig?
i have senn 650s currently.

Check out the SennGrado thread for more info: http://www.head-fi.org/t/738035/senngrado-thread

For me they were fun to build and sounded great but after a while the drivers were inconsistent and the cost of the PX-100ii headphone started to get too high.  The basic sound signature is a little bass heavy, mids and highs not as forward as most Grado's so for some that have a problem with the highs that some Grados have it was a nice alternative.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #34,497 of 66,325
for some head bobbing and toe tapping, give this a whirl (if you haven't already)

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #34,498 of 66,325
thinking of either GS1000 or PS1000 to compliment my senn650s
would my mapletree earplus purist hd hp tube amp be sufficient for either model?

still trying to better determine the sound sigs of each.

also i could score some grado gs1000 (3 yrs old) for US$537.
good deal if 8.5/10?...

???
i know there was the i and newer e series, too....
seller is to find out more on the model tomorrow for me.
hopefully the latest e series...or i'll probably pass.

one last thing: another local is selling some GH-1 for US$530 too.
still trying to determine it's sound sig vs the gs1000...but have read the GH1 is a bit bass light
(and i love bass slam...but not if it overpowers the rest of the instruments)

feedback appreciated...listen to mostly rock, blues, jazz and some classical

could be my first grados since 325 from 10 yrs ago

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #34,500 of 66,325
  thinking of either GS1000 or PS1000 to compliment my senn650s
would my mapletree earplus purist hd hp tube amp be sufficient for either model?

still trying to better determine the sound sigs of each.

also i could score some grado gs1000 (3 yrs old) for US$537.
good deal if 8.5/10?...

???
i know there was the i and newer e series, too....
seller is to find out more on the model tomorrow for me.
hopefully the latest e series...or i'll probably pass.

one last thing: another local is selling some GH-1 for US$530 too.
still trying to determine it's sound sig vs the gs1000...but have read the GH1 is a bit bass light
(and i love bass slam...but not if it overpowers the rest of the instruments)

feedback appreciated...listen to mostly rock, blues, jazz and some classical

could be my first grados since 325 from 10 yrs ago

Back then the RS1 were Grado's flagship and I had read a lot of favorable comments about them, anyway, I had bought a pair of HD-600 a few months before from a dealer that didn't carry Grado.

This dealer sold both brand, so they let me compare the 600 and the RS1, I started with the 600 then switched to the RS1, and the instant the music started I felt light headed and thought to myself ''Oh crap! I've bought the wrong headphones!
eek.gif

The amount of details that the RS1 was retrieving compared to the 600 wasn't even funny. Fast forward a few months, now my dealer has started selling Grados. The comparing between the 600 and the RS1 took place in 2006, since then, I have aquired 8 pairs of Grados, among wich are a pair of GH-1, PS1000, and the Holy Grail HP1000.

Guess how long it's been since my RS1 got to see some action............last night!, on the menu, Patricia Barber's SACD version of Companion, and the last song is a cover of Black Magic Women, and when the music stopped, I spontainously blurted out a fairly loud ''F$&K ME!!!,

This is 11 years after I first heard the classic buttoned RS1, and only hours after taking back a pair of $5000 CDN Focal Utopia, that my dealer had loaned me, while I was waiting for my new pair of Utopias.

As far as I'm concerned, this says A LOT about the passion that Grados can stir up.

Oh! FYI the first gen GS1000 came out in 2006, so you might want to ask for a few precision before buying those GS1000, because 3 years ago, the GS1000i was the current version.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back