Grado Fan Club!
Jan 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #29,942 of 65,692

This is a very easy question,

Bet it's GH-1 !

John, Buddy, you know me well, yes you're right, it would be the GH-.1.
beerchug.gif

The reason is that Bonobo Loco didn't say that we couldn't have more than one pair of earpads. As I have said before, the GH-1 are great because they are one of the few Grados that sound good with both the L, and the G-cush.

With the L-cush you get a warmish sound, with good bass extension, and a fairly polite treble. With the G-cush, You still get acceptable bass extension, but you now have a much bigger soundstage, and a treble that has both, more extension, and is also more lively, without sounding harsh.

In my opinion, the GH-1 are relatively affordable. When equipped with the G-cush, they are THE most comfortable headphones that Grado makes. They can also ''hang'' with the PS1k, and the fact that they're a ''limited edition'', is the cherry on top.  

The GH-1 are basically two pairs of very good sounding headphones in one. This to me, makes them a no brainer.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #29,943 of 65,692
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #29,944 of 65,692

beerchug.gif

The reason is that Bonobo Loco didn't say that we couldn't have more than one pair of earpads. As I have said before, the GH-1 are great because they are one of the few Grados that sound good with both the L, and the G-cush.

With the L-cush you get a warmish sound, with good bass extension, and a fairly polite treble. With the G-cush, You still get acceptable bass extension, but you now have a much bigger soundstage, and a treble that has both, more extension, and is also more lively, without sounding harsh.

In my opinion, the GH-1 are relatively affordable. When equipped with the G-cush, they are THE most comfortable headphones that Grado makes. They can also ''hang'' with the PS1k, and the fact that they're a ''limited edition'', is the cherry on top.  

The GH-1 are basically two pairs of very good sounding headphones in one. This to me, makes them a no brainer.

You might want to stop pushing the (G) cushions for the GH-1 on everyone? 
eek.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #29,945 of 65,692

beerchug.gif

God, I need to hear these. I hope they're still available for a while.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #29,946 of 65,692
A mini-but-sweet challenge for Grado fans to listen to 'Nightingale by Norah Jones'.

It has her beautiful amazing (almost wistful) lyrics. Some double bass....ahhhh. Piano, acoutics guitar, and some light electric guitar. All good Grado tones.

Anyway yes @joseph69 made a couple of references to chats we had. To clarify, one was about recommendations for music. I suggested the Norah Jones album 'Come Away with Me', that Nightingale comes from. Also the Katie Melua album - Call off the Search. (Possibly a third album, 'Ancient Heart by Tanita Tikaram'.

Plus yes joseph69 did offer me his unopened pair of GH-1 at retail price. Best of luck whoever becomes their owner, if it isn't myself. I am in no-mans-land in deciding what to do. I have lots of expenses at the moment (but that's all a long story).

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #29,947 of 65,692
  God, I need to hear these. I hope they're still available for a while.

I bought 2-pairs for when this does happen. One I'm using and the other is in the shipping box from Crutchfield. So if you miss out, check with me. [size=x-small]I'll offer members first chance to buy them at (retail price for themselves to keep, not make a profit off of them) before I auctioning them off on eBay when they are discontinued.[/size]

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #29,948 of 65,692

beerchug.gif

I actually have a set of GH-1's on order with the G-cush as well. My intention is to give them to my brother for his 30th birthday which is in April. You guys are making me sound like if I was to actually hear it I'd fall in love and would want to keep them. My brother isn't really an audiophile but he's a music lover. I don't think he even knows that the Grado brand exists, but I think that once he sees these headphones he will be blown away just like I was blown away when I first saw the RS1. The fact that they sound amazing is important too, but when giving something like this as a gift I think it's more significant that they look so cool and are a limited edition HP. Hopefully he enjoys them.

Worst (or best?) case scenario, I fall in love with the GH-1 when they arrive next week and I'll get my bro a set of PS500e's or RS2e's.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #29,949 of 65,692
  I bought 2-pairs for when this does happen. One I'm using and the other is in the shipping box from Crutchfield. So if you miss out, check with me. [size=x-small]I'll offer members first chance to buy them at (retail price for themselves to keep, not make a profit off of them) before I auctioning them off on eBay when they are discontinued.[/size]

Thanks! I won't be in the market for new headphones until the end of the year, so who knows what will happen between now and then. I am certain I want to try going higher up the Grado chain though.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #29,950 of 65,692
  A mini-but-sweet challenge for Grado fans to listen to 'Nightingale by Norah Jones'.

It has her beautiful amazing (almost wistful) lyrics. Some double bass....ahhhh. Piano, acoutics guitar, and some light electric guitar. All good Grado tones.

Anyway yes @joseph69 made a couple of references to chats we had. To clarify, one was about recommendations for music. I suggested the Norah Jones album 'Come Away with Me', that Nightingale comes from. Also the Katie Melua album - Call off the Search. (Possibly a third album, 'Ancient Heart by Tanita Tikaram'.

Plus yes joseph69 did offer me his unopened pair of GH-1 at retail price. Best of luck whoever becomes their owner, if it isn't myself. I am in no-mans-land in deciding what to do. I have lots of expenses at the moment (but that's all a long story).

Thanks, I was in the middle of writing this.
beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #29,954 of 65,692
  You might want to stop pushing the (G) cushions for the GH-1 on everyone? 
eek.gif

Grado is a small familly own buisness, and their headphones are built by ha......oups! sorry, wrong excuse!
redface.gif

I am strongly medicated, therefore I blame the Oxycodone for that horrible suggestion.
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #29,955 of 65,692
Z
Yeah probably. I think the fact that they're a limited edition probably means more to me than it would to him. And since he's not used to high end audio, I'm sure the RS2e would be appreciated just as much as the GH-1 by him. 

RS2e is no slouch... It scores the highest on my headphone ratings of 14 Grados, which does include the PS1000 but not the GH-1, as my comparison was done before they were out See link on signature about 14 Grados... RS2e was later ranked higher than the highest of those, which was the RS2i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back