Grado Fan Club!
Apr 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #2,672 of 65,691

Quote:
I had to dj once in sydney australia on the dj ange show..It took me two days to get there and i were only on for one hour..I ended up going back on with my vocalists and recording a trance nation cd exclusively in front of a crowd of pleased ozzies! http://soundcloud.com/dj-ange/isolation039 I am on the first hour of this set..

Tony Wilson: And tonight something equally epoch-making is taking place. See? They're applauding the DJ. Not the music,
not the musician, not the creator, but the medium.
This is it. The birth of rave culture. The beatification of the beat. The dance age. This is the moment when even the white man starts
dancing. Welcome to Manchester. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #2,673 of 65,691
As a man who grew up in the punk era this quote makes me sad...
Quote:

Tony Wilson: And tonight something equally epoch-making is taking place. See? They're applauding the DJ. Not the music,
not the musician, not the creator, but the medium.
This is it. The birth of rave culture. The beatification of the beat. The dance age. This is the moment when even the white man starts
dancing. Welcome to Manchester. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #2,674 of 65,691
And before I get bashed I respect the fact that people have all sorts of different tastes in music etc. and I do understand that there is some significant talent with some DJs. I just view it like disco...awful. I like music made and performed by musicians. Some EDM is interesting to me for brief (one song) periods of time. I also do like dance rock (LCD soundsystem etc.) 

IMO/To My Ears/disclaimer/disclaimer/disclaimer....

ducks and hides.

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,675 of 65,691

Quote:
As a man who grew up in the punk era this quote makes me sad...

I grew up with ska music..

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #2,676 of 65,691

Quote:
And before I get bashed I respect the fact that people have all sorts of different tastes in music etc. and I do understand that there is some significant talent with some DJs. I just view it like disco...awful. I like music made and performed by musicians. Some EDM is interesting to me for brief (one song) periods of time. I also do like dance rock (LCD soundsystem etc.) 

IMO/To My Ears/disclaimer/disclaimer/disclaimer....

ducks and hides.

I am making the music up as i am going along on a martin sound system live with my vocalists and playing keyboards aswell and dj ange is just making names up off the top of her head!

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #2,677 of 65,691

Quote:

I making the music up as i am going along on a martin sound system live with my vocalists and playing keyboards aswell and dj ange is just making names up off the top of her head!

sweet. That I can appreciate immensely. What really doesn't appeal to me is a DJ simply spinning records, mixing other peoples music, in a room full of sweaty frat boys fist pumping like madmen...if that makes any sense. Live vocals/instrumentation is different IMO

I'm going to go home from work and spin a Specials record...I've been inspired.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #2,678 of 65,691

Quote:

sweet. That I can appreciate immensely. What really doesn't appeal to me is a DJ simply spinning records, mixing other peoples music, in a room full of sweaty frat boys fist pumping like madmen...if that makes any sense. Live vocals/instrumentation is different IMO

I'm going to go home from work and spin a Specials record...I've been inspired.

Here's a picture of the enemy - David Guetta - lameness incarnate :-

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2,680 of 65,691

Quote:

Here's a picture of the enemy - David Guetta - lameness incarnate :-

I played in beirut with above and beyond on there 400th trance around the world show.. They said that they just wanted me to pick the songs that they were going to play(well that's just what i thought i had to do)..And when i got there i had to play the songs live with them on stage in front of thousands of people.. Thank god for jack daniels!
http://soundcloud.com/dbnb/sets/jaytech-live-trance-around-the

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,684 of 65,691

Quote:

http://www.theaudiophile.net/threads/679-Maverick-Audio-Tubemagic-D1 Sounds like it@s a good option for the price and a headphone amp aswell and you can change the tubes which i would do straight away but that's just my opinion..

Thanks Martin! I've been thinking about getting to start with., but not convinced 100%. Looks like it sounds great for the money but only does 16/48 (USB) and the DAC chip is not the latest generation, neither to say all the tech, still may sound good, but I would like impressive.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2,685 of 65,691

Quote:

Thanks Martin! I've been thinking about getting to start with., but not convinced 100%. Looks like it sounds great for the money but only does 16/48 (USB) and the DAC chip is not the latest generation, neither to say all the tech, still may sound good, but I would like impressive.

Get the D1 :)  Send it back if you don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back