Grado Fan Club!
May 19, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #24,901 of 65,603
A few glasses of Amber and some Robben Ford at home happy hour before going to the lake tomorrow for a couple weeks. I'll be "suffering" at the lake with just my flac & wav files, dragonfly, and "old" SR60s.

Actually, though I'm far from wealthy, this whole situation makes me feel "rich"; family, friends, dogs, fun hobbies including the joy of music. Reading this thread for a few years shows lots of (emotionally) "rich" enthusiasts.

"Blue & Lonesome" from "Discovering the Blues" ---- incredible touch, restraint, and fire from a young (in 1972) Robben Ford.

May 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #24,902 of 65,603
A few glasses of Amber and some Robben Ford at home happy hour before going to the lake tomorrow for a couple weeks. I'll be "suffering" at the lake with just my flac & wav files, dragonfly, and "old" SR60s.

Actually, though I'm far from wealthy, this whole situation makes me feel "rich"; family, friends, dogs, fun hobbies including the joy of music. Reading this thread for a few years shows lots of (emotionally) "rich" enthusiasts.

"Blue & Lonesome" from "Discovering the Blues" ---- incredible touch, restraint, and fire from a young (in 1972) Robben Ford.

Nice set up!!! What kind of beer is that?

May 20, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #24,903 of 65,603
Nice set up!!! What kind of beer is that?

Thanks!

One of the many local brews, Mac N Jack's African Amber. Bottleshops with 10-15 rotating taps in any direction I care to drive, so always have fresh draft in grumpys (32 oz) or growlers (64 oz) on hand. Don't buy that much bottled beer anymore.

May 20, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #24,904 of 65,603

I could be sitting right there next to you, really enjoying myself with the RS Grado or Senn 6XX on and listening to Robben Ford and sipping that amber.....my kind of guy 
beerchug.gif

Have you heard the new Robben Ford album....If not, I can highly recommend it.

May 20, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #24,905 of 65,603
What is a good price for a display model PS500?  It looks like it is in good shape and sounds fine but it is a display model at a local shop.  Wondering what a fair price would be.

This is the non-E version.

May 20, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #24,906 of 65,603
What is a good price for a display model PS500?  It looks like it is in good shape and sounds fine but it is a display model at a local shop.  Wondering what a fair price would be.

This is the non-E version.

It depends how much they want to get rid of it.

I once got its big brother for 50% of normal price, but i think 70% normal price might be a good asking price for a demo pair that's been "replaced" with a newer version.

May 20, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #24,907 of 65,603
It depends how much they want to get rid of it.

I once got its big brother for 50% of normal price, but i think 70% normal price might be a good asking price for a demo pair that's been "replaced" with a newer version.

Thanks.  Any ideas what the normal price is for the PS500's?  All prices I find now are for the e variant

May 20, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #24,911 of 65,603

Thanks, I thought they were asking too much.  Prices in Canada are more expensive of course, but (after local taxes here) it translates to roughly $480 USD.  Roughly $420 USD before tax.

If they were slightly used or new, then sure.  But that is too much for a demo pair.

I sympathise with you brother, the PS1ke, retails for $1900.
eek.gif

May 21, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #24,912 of 65,603
I could be sitting right there next to you, really enjoying myself with the RS Grado or Senn 6XX on and listening to Robben Ford and sipping that amber.....my kind of guy :beerchug:

I haven't heard anything since 2013 "Bringing It Back Home". Going to check some of the newer ones out.

Do you use your Mad Ear for both the Senns and Grados? Asking because it took me a while, but I finally have a tube combination I really like (in my WA6) for the RS1i and another for the HD650. Definitely not the same tubes for both cans.

May 21, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #24,913 of 65,603

I could be sitting right there next to you, really enjoying myself with the RS Grado or Senn 6XX on and listening to Robben Ford and sipping that amber.....my kind of guy 
beerchug.gif

I haven't heard anything since 2013 "Bringing It Back Home". Going to check some of the newer ones out.

Do you use your Mad Ear for both the Senns and Grados? Asking because it took me a while, but I finally have a tube combination I really like (in my WA6) for the RS1i and another for the HD650. Definitely not the same tubes for both cans.

I just got Robben Ford - Into The Sun ....There are some special guest...Warren hayes....Robert Randolph....Sonny Landreth....Keb Mo....a couple others

Yes I use the Mad Ear for both My Senns & Grados.....I have different tube combos also.

My favorites are a Sylvania 5751 Triple Mica Black Plate....I use that with Grado's and I use a 12AX7 tube for my Senn's, the higher gain of the 12AX7 drives them much better.  I like the Gold Lion 12AX7 a lot.

The Grado's are very easy to drive, I just look for the synergy that I like.

May 21, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #24,915 of 65,603

gefski, what's your tube combo for the WA6 sir? I use the "Mighty" 596 rectifier with S/E 6SN7 drivers most of the time. For more midrange the Brimar rec is pretty awesome too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back