Grado Fan Club!
Apr 19, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #24,256 of 65,624
I have been playing with my SR325e today and one thing remains the same with these as compared to the older 325is. It is their ability to reveal any and all recordings that are not of the highest quality.

"Spiro came and made a speech about raising the Mars tax!"  Name the song that comes from and who was Spiro?

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #24,257 of 65,624
  I have been playing with my SR325e today and one thing remains the same with these as compared to the older 325is. It is their ability to reveal any and all recordings that are not of the highest quality.

"Spiro came and made a speech about raising the Mars tax!"  Name the song that comes from and who was Spiro?

how about Creedence for the win  
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #24,258 of 65,624
So…..at the Nashville Headphone meet yesterday I purchased a Marantz  HD DAC 1. I am loving this amp with the Grado's, they have never sounded so good. It is the most analog sounding amp I have heard with my Grado's. My GS1000i and PS1000 haven't sounded better and the fact that it has a dac built in makes it even better. If you are a hyper detail person you might not like it but after letting my ears adjust the music is just flowing. I have gone through 5 cd's and have had no fatigue whatsoever and the best part is I haven't been thinking about how much better it might sound if I add this cable or if I change this DAC or maybe I should try this amp, etc.... If you like an analog sound I recommend this amp, there is absolutely no digital glare. For me it is always about the music and if you can forget about the gear and get lost in the music that is where I want to be….Shout out to @jmsaxon69 for a great deal on this amp. He is a great guy and I will definitely do business with him again. Maybe when my wallet has something in it again
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #24,259 of 65,624
  So…..at the Nashville Headphone meet yesterday I purchased a Marantz  HD DAC 1. I am loving this amp with the Grado's, they have never sounded so good. It is the most analog sounding amp I have heard with my Grado's. My GS1000i and PS1000 haven't sounded better and the fact that it has a dac built in makes it even better. If you are a hyper detail person you might not like it but after letting my ears adjust the music is just flowing. I have gone through 5 cd's and have had no fatigue whatsoever and the best part is I haven't been thinking about how much better it might sound if I add this cable or if I change this DAC or maybe I should try this amp, etc.... If you like an analog sound I recommend this amp, there is absolutely no digital glare. For me it is always about the music and if you can forget about the gear and get lost in the music that is where I want to be….Shout out to @jmsaxon69 for a great deal on this amp. He is a great guy and I will definitely do business with him again. Maybe when my wallet has something in it again
biggrin.gif

one of the first non big box store cd players i had was a marantz, nice stuff !
man i'm sorry i missed the meet !  grrrrrrrr

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #24,261 of 65,624
We missed you!!….Sorry it didn't work out for you but I hope you are feeling better. There is always next time:wink_face:

tru dat

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #24,262 of 65,624
biggrin.gif

congrats on the Marantz! good to here it's pairing well with the Gs1ki and ps1k. I would sure like to see some pictures of that little beauty and your Grados in action!

@jaywillin, hope you are feeling better, if you were feeling under the weather for y'all's meet.
BTW, I made the mistake of checking Amazon for the HD650 deal. Yup, you guess it, it came up for that price we discussed in the pm so without even flinching, my finger pulled the trigger!
biggrin.gif

I've had 3 or 4 HD650 in the past, but never had a setup like I do now, and heck, i haven't even heard one in a couple of years, so I'm looking forward to hearing them! 

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #24,264 of 65,624
  congrats on the Marantz! good to here it's pairing well with the Gs1ki and ps1k. I would sure like to see some pictures of that little beauty and your Grados in action!

@jaywillin, hope you are feeling better, if you were feeling under the weather for y'all's meet.
BTW, I made the mistake of checking Amazon for the HD650 deal. Yup, you guess it, it came up for that price we discussed in the pm so without even flinching, my finger pulled the trigger!
biggrin.gif

I've had 3 or 4 HD650 in the past, but never had a setup like I do now, and heck, i haven't even heard one in a couple of years, so I'm looking forward to hearing them! 

thanks, i'm fine, just yesterday wasn't fine enough to make the trip, plus a couple of other things came up last minute
yeah, the price on the 650 is awesome, it was less than the warehouse deal on the 600 ! 
i just got the t1 sold, so now i'm shopping for real now, what to do, what to do ! i like problems like that 

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #24,265 of 65,624
  Here ya go @wormsdriver ……sorry for the crappy quality but all I had was my phone to take pics. It really is a nice piece of equipment.

what a beauty fred !

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #24,267 of 65,624
  i just got the t1 sold, so now i'm shopping for real now, what to do, what to do ! i like problems like that 

@jaywillin  ... I think you are ready for your own pair of HD-650s ... come on over to the dark/veiled side; the water's warm 
beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #24,268 of 65,624

@jaywillin  ... I think you are ready for your own pair of HD-650s ... come on over to the dark/veiled side; the water's warm 
beerchug.gif

but the water is murky isn't it ?? i like clear water ! 

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #24,269 of 65,624
Apr 19, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #24,270 of 65,624
  Here ya go @wormsdriver ……sorry for the crappy quality but all I had was my phone to take pics. It really is a nice piece of equipment.

Thank you Sir! Very nice!
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

thanks, i'm fine, just yesterday wasn't fine enough to make the trip, plus a couple of other things came up last minute
yeah, the price on the 650 is awesome, it was less than the warehouse deal on the 600 ! 

I'm fixin' to put up my T1's for sale also. They just ain't doin' it for me!

You heard it here first Grado Heads, if you want a Beyer T1, Grado PS500e at a good price, hit me up before they go up officially on the fs thread!

beerchug.gif

I'm there Brother! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back