Grado Fan Club!
Jan 22, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #22,411 of 65,606
i have magni 2 uber at home. before that i just plugged it in directly to the PC.
yeah i'm looking for a headphone with some neutral treble, or even roll-off treble to accomodate my ear. It only affected one side of the ear, the other one is completely fine. To accomodate it, sometimes i put that one driver cup behind the affected ear, so i only listen with the normal ear.

But i can't move, because the headphone will fall. LOL

I have the S and L cushion. i think L-cushion attack my ear more than S-cushion...

Regarding second hand, i can sell on head-fi, but i can't really buy from head-fi. the tax imposed to imported goods are 40% to 45% so i either buy new locally, or buy new from the US, since there are good deals from time to time, like the recent $320 hd650. if i import that, that'll be $500 to my door... which is good enough to swallow than $640.

well at the moment i only have $200-ish and if i sell the sr80 i can get that up to $330, which is not a stretch to $350 the ms2e is selling for. but since there's no such thing as audition or xx-days return policy here, i need to do my homework about it...

I'd go for the MS-1, not the MS-2.

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #22,412 of 65,606
Where can those Alessandros be bought brand new?

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #22,414 of 65,606
To each his own, but honestly I was extremely disappointed with my MSPro (2011, so it must have been i series) and currently quite happy with my RS1i. My MSPro leaned towards harsh and way too neutral - that is in comparison to my RS1i. I do think that the RS1i is more musical and more fun.

On the MS2 & MS1: it's a bit more neutral version of the 325. The cups are quite heavy. When I auditioned the MS2i it was quite laid back and quite suitable for Vocal music. My 325is never sounded harsh to me, either. Just make sure you burn it thoroughly - which may take days if you play music for 3 or 4 hours a day.
The MS1 was even more laid back. It's still Grado, but I don't think it's that much of a upgrade from the SR60. The improvements are still noticable, but after a while I grew very bored with the MS1.

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #22,415 of 65,606
Jan 22, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #22,416 of 65,606
To each his own, but honestly I was extremely disappointed with my MSPro (2011, so it must have been i series) and currently quite happy with my RS1i. My MSPro leaned towards harsh and way too neutral - that is in comparison to my RS1i. I do think that the RS1i is more musical and more fun.

On the MS2 & MS1: it's a bit more neutral version of the 325. The cups are quite heavy. When I auditioned the MS2i it was quite laid back and quite suitable for Vocal music. My 325is never sounded harsh to me, either. Just make sure you burn it thoroughly - which may take days if you play music for 3 or 4 hours a day.
The MS1 was even more laid back. It's still Grado, but I don't think it's that much of a upgrade from the SR60. The improvements are still noticable, but after a while I grew very bored with the MS1.

Have you tried modding either the MS-1 or the MS-Pro with distancers and G-cushions?

Thanks. Was taking it for granted before. I'm thinking it's just a legit copy.

Like the Bushmills, they are built in cooperations with Grado. Alessandro is high end musician's gear, so they selected three Grado headphones (plastic, metal, wood) and modified the drivers for a different sound signature. As the sound signature is less aggressive than the the stock Grado sound, personal opinions depend largely on taste. I've heard some comments about Alessandro build quality and quality control in general being worse than Grado, but my MS-1 is fine (I have the first generation, with the flat cups of the SR60/80) and I just hope the MS-Pro I bought off eBay sounds as good as it looked in the pictures.

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #22,417 of 65,606
it feels like a panic day !

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #22,418 of 65,606
Anybody know if the ms-pro still comes with 1/4  jack.

Does new ms-pro suffer from same things the new rs1e suffers from

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #22,419 of 65,606

the new ones are "e" versions, and do come with 3.5mm jacks
and there is a pair on ebay i've been eyeing

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #22,420 of 65,606

the new ones are "e" versions, and do come with 3.5mm jacks
and there is a pair on ebay i've been eyeing

Do the drivers pertrude like the new RS1e or are they like the old RS1i drivers and even with the wooden cups ?

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #22,421 of 65,606
  Do the drivers pertrude like the new RS1e or are they like the old RS1i drivers and even with the wooden cups ?

that i do not know, i would assume it's the same, i know in the ms1i, and ms2i, there is no physical outer differences other than lettering

do i need to "take one for the team" 

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #22,422 of 65,606

that i do not know, i would assume it's the same, i know in the ms1i, and ms2i, there is no physical outer differences other than lettering

do i need to "take one for the team" 

ha ha ha ....no....no need to do that....

Just wondering ....I would imagine they would be the same as the rs1e....but you never know

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #22,423 of 65,606
alessandro website

http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones

All Music Series headphones have a vented diaphragm design that incorporates a large air chamber. This design lowers the frequency resonance (distortion) of the diaphragm and extends bass response. A unique process to de-stress the diaphragm results in enhanced inner detail. The diaphragm is made of a low mass polymer, carefully formed to broaden resonant modes to reduce their amplitude. The diaphragm's total mass is calculated to provide a full 20 KHZ bandwidth while avoiding breakup at lower frequencies.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #22,424 of 65,606
There is this thread
A user posted new e ms-pro is less harsh which means the driver is still inherently a rs1e in nature.
Anyone have picture of ms-proe?

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #22,425 of 65,606
There is this thread
A user posted new e ms-pro is less harsh which means the driver is still inherently a rs1e in nature.
Anyone have picture of ms-proe?

from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alessandro-Music-Series-Pro-Headphone-32-Ohm-12-30kHz-USED-/331394208839?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4d28a25447

Users who are viewing this thread

Back