Grado Fan Club!
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2,026 of 65,692

Quote:
Here are some fun pics:)

Ahhhhh....PS1000s....you will be mine...oh-ho-ho-yes....you WILL be mine...*evil grin*

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2,027 of 65,692

Quote:
Ahhhhh....PS1000s....you will be mine...oh-ho-ho-yes....you WILL be mine...*evil grin*

It may involve heinous crimes against humanity in order to get them - but just remember - it's all for a good cause, yes a very, very good sonic cause
smile.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #2,028 of 65,692

Quote:
 It may involve heinous crimes against humanity in order to get them - but just remember - it's all for a good cause, yes a very, very good sonic cause
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #2,029 of 65,692

Quote:

Really hope you snare a freshie in the not too distant future, given that the most recent number I've seen is #1668.

When I think of the number of PS1000's in the world, I think of :-

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #2,030 of 65,692
The V3 with the RockGrotto upgrades (I'm sure the V2 is pretty much the same afterwards) and the Little Pinkie PSU are seriously god-tier Grado amp.

Quote:
I drive my Grados with either a,Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 hybrid  tube amp,a vintage Yamaha CA-610II,or a Marantz 2220B.

Besides the sound, there is just a romance between Grados and tube amps, applying vintage technologies to acheive a sound preferable over modern day equipment :)

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2,031 of 65,692

Quote:
The V3 with the RockGrotto upgrades (I'm sure the V2 is pretty much the same afterwards) and the Little Pinkie PSU are seriously god-tier Grado amp.

Besides the sound, there is just a romance between Grados and tube amps, applying vintage technologies to acheive a sound preferable over modern day equipment :)

i will be geting myself some stax sr009 electrostat headphones and using a woo audio wes headphone amp and the dac i will be using will be a naim dac..i have everything from cambridge audio to krell but i agree with what you are saying about vintage sound because i love the way my mcintosh manhattan sounds and i listen to music that i wouldn't normally listen to on this system..i had the system put in to my girlfriends car because i love the sound that much..

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,032 of 65,692

Quote:
i will be geting myself some stax sr009 electrostat headphones and using a woo audio wes headphone amp and the dac i will be using will be a naim dac..i have everything from cambridge audio to krell but i agree with what you are saying about vintage sound because i love the way my mcintosh manhattan sounds and i listen to music that i wouldn't normally listen to on this system..i had the system put in to my girlfriends car because i love the sound that much..

Now a PS1000 vs STAX SR-009 review would be fun!

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #2,034 of 65,692

Quote:

Dang Martin, you mind lending me $10 bucks for lunch today? My local whole foods makes the best turkey bacon avocado sammie I've ever had, but they're 7 bucks :frowning2:

I've seen what McIntosh amps look like, and more or less COST and thats one insane setup!

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #2,035 of 65,692
yeah but that doesn't equate with the two sounds. It would certainly be an interesting read

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #2,036 of 65,692

Quote:

Dang Martin, you mind lending me $10 bucks for lunch today? My local whole foods makes the best turkey bacon avocado sammie I've ever had, but they're 7 bucks :frowning2:

I've seen what McIntosh amps look like, and more or less COST and thats one insane setup!

i am english and we can't buy guns over the counter here..if you sell me a gun so i can shoot the c*** who keeps telling me to get out of the chopper on battlefield 3 then you can buy some of them lovely sandwiches from your local home foods..p.s this is just ment as a joke..but it would be one way of getting rid of him..

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #2,037 of 65,692

Quote:
stax are 5 grand and you need 5 grand to amp them so it wouldn't be fare to compare them would it really..i wouldn't part with my ps1000s!

I'll probably have a HD800 over the weekend down here so I might put it to good use and bang out a review - there's probably a review or two floating around already
 but I'll see if I can add a little something.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,038 of 65,692

Quote:
 I'll probably have a HD800 over the weekend down here so I might put it to good use and bang out a review - there's probably a review or two floating around already
 but I'll see if I can add a little something.

i own the hd800 aswell..i have all different headphones from klipsch in ear to ultimate ears customs..the stax are for my new gaming pc rig i will be using them with the realizer a8..

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #2,039 of 65,692
I'm officially a fan all over again!

I've been listening to the K701, D2K, and HD650 for the last 6 months on my pc.  Today I felt like breaking out my old SR80i's and my turntable.  HOLY CRAP, these sound so good with vinyl!  I immediately wondered why I even bought the other headphones...  instant goosebumps on the Top Gun Soundtrack.  Now I'm thinking maybe a 225i, 325is, or maybe a used RS2i in my future.

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #2,040 of 65,692

Quote:
I'm officially a fan all over again!

I've been listening to the K701, D2K, and HD650 for the last 6 months on my pc.  Today I felt like breaking out my old SR80i's and my turntable.  HOLY CRAP, these sound so good with vinyl!  I immediately wondered why I even bought the other headphones...  instant goosebumps on the Top Gun Soundtrack.  Now I'm thinking maybe a 225i, 325is, or maybe a used RS2i in my future.

That's what I'm talking about! Psyched for you, Brokenthumb. Also kind of amazing that you own the Top Gun soundtrack on vinyl. I bet the guitar anthem kicks ass on Grados. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back