Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 10, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #42,857 of 62,585
Feb 10, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #42,858 of 62,585
Like the One Plus and the Tone as an Android user
I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro. I’d say for sound: OPP, LGT then APP. All are great on calls. Only the LGT has volume controls. OPP and APP support multipoint. APP Apple devices only. All fine for ANC. APP prob the best for ANC but not by a huge margin. All three have wireless charging. LGT still randomly gets the distortion in the left bud and I’ll have to pause music, take out the bud and put it back. Doesn’t happen often. Could be a ANC feedback issue. It’s annoying.

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #42,859 of 62,585
My new addition arrived today and most everything will have to be put for sale because I ain’t turning back. IFi go Blu + Campfire Audio Dorado 2020. $1k IEMs open box from headphones.com for 30% off. The tuning is to die for. The stage ends somewhere behind my head. The subs make my navel vibrate. Instruments are a realistic distance from each other and I can hear instruments that I didn’t know were playing. Vocals are singing to me and me only. Cymbals snap without hissssssing. I hate to break up with my sizable collection, but they are dead to me. Dorado has sung her siren’s song to me by the Campfire.

ok. It’s pretty freakin’ awesome. But these are the opposite of neutral. These are party IEMs
I wouldn't turn back either... That's a bonkers pairing man... Don't hit X-Bass with the Dorados dude... It'll vibrate your shoes off.

Feb 10, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #42,860 of 62,585
I wouldn't turn back either... That's a bonkers pairing man... Don't hit X-Bass with the Dorados dude... It'll vibrate your shoes off.
@Ceeluh7 You are so right man. Soon as I get to work, I’m swapping the go Blu for the Ibasso DX300 that is sitting in the desk drawer there.

In order to keep the go Blus freedom of mobility, what’s your experience of a high res file downloaded from a music service—> DAP Bluetooth —> go Blu —> IEM (sonically speaking?). It looks to me like the music gets unwrapped and Bluetoothed by the DAP (where the music resides), unwrapped again by the go Blu DAC and then on to the IEMs.

I guess my question for everyone’s ears is this - does that Bluetooth transfer degrade the sound in any ways that your ears can discern? I’m no audiophile and I know these ears don’t hear a lot of what reviewers focus on. I just like what I like.

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #42,862 of 62,585
@Ceeluh7 You are so right man. Soon as I get to work, I’m swapping the go Blu for the Ibasso DX300 that is sitting in the desk drawer there.

In order to keep the go Blus freedom of mobility, what’s your experience of a high res file downloaded from a music service—> DAP Bluetooth —> go Blu —> IEM (sonically speaking?). It looks to me like the music gets unwrapped and Bluetoothed by the DAP (where the music resides), unwrapped again by the go Blu DAC and then on to the IEMs.

I guess my question for everyone’s ears is this - does that Bluetooth transfer degrade the sound in any ways that your ears can discern? I’m no audiophile and I know these ears don’t hear a lot of what reviewers focus on. I just like what I like.
That's a good question. I think a wired connection is still the best. However, it is very very hard to discern the difference when speaking of a device like the Go Blu. I should also add that I truthfully have a very hard time spotting a difference and also I would say that the go blu has sounded much better than some daps I've owned as well as some other devices. It all comes down to what makes you happy. I don't think you are missing much of anything between a dap and the go blu. Unless of course you have a really nice DAP/dac/amp that simply has better internals... In that case... Ya there's a difference.

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #42,863 of 62,585
That's a good question. I think a wired connection is still the best. However, it is very very hard to discern the difference when speaking of a device like the Go Blu. I should also add that I truthfully have a very hard time spotting a difference and also I would say that the go blu has sounded much better than some daps I've owned as well as some other devices. It all comes down to what makes you happy. I don't think you are missing much of anything between a dap and the go blu. Unless of course you have a really nice DAP/dac/amp that simply has better internals... In that case... Ya there's a difference.
Yah - my DC300 probably puts out a better sound. I did want to echo your endorsement of the go Blu - the sound is superior to my other Bluetooth DAC/amps and the buttons and controls are understandable. Love the Qudelix app but the buttons are too unintuitive and require looking closely to press the correct end of the correct button. On the go implies quick and easy use. The go Blu sounds great, has a rock solid connection and is quick and easy to use

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #42,864 of 62,585
Yah - my DC300 probably puts out a better sound. I did want to echo your endorsement of the go Blu - the sound is superior to my other Bluetooth DAC/amps and the buttons and controls are understandable. Love the Qudelix app but the buttons are too unintuitive and require looking closely to press the correct end of the correct button. On the go implies quick and easy use. The go Blu sounds great, has a rock solid connection and is quick and easy to use
Agree with all of that... Except with time... Much time... I did get used to the Qudelix buttons. So long as I find the clip first, then I got the buttons down. But ya, go blu is just better. Yes, the DX300 will most certainly put out better sound with better internals altogether. For on the go listening though, I don't think there is much better wireless sound then the IFi GO Blu.

Feb 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #42,865 of 62,585
Spent some more time with the Budget Aviot and did all sorts of things with them. Quite a nice set that does well for it's price.
1644514120735.png

1644514147314.png

The Pros:
- Sound quality.
- Connection and stability.
- Most tips fit in the case.
- Solid app.
- value and color choices.

The Cons
- Buttons harder to press so the "pinch" method is better.
- Not an English model if that makes any difference. App does have English, Japanese, and Chinese languages as far as I know. Manual and buds voice are in Japanese.

Annnd the biggest quirk. They do a combo of entering ambient and pausing and then exiting and auto playing again but while you are in ambient these buds lose play/pause control till you exit ambient. You can skip tracks but if you single press while ambient is on nothing happens. You have to use your device or remember to hold left instead of trying to single press. You can start ambient from pause or while playing and it will turn on ambient and do the opposite so you can have ambient and start playing but if you pause it on the buds it will shut the ambient. Really designed for the ambient to only be for when you want to stop playback to hear and talk.

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #42,866 of 62,585
Feb 10, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #42,870 of 62,585
A few pics from the Walkman Blog of the upcoming Sony WF-L900. These are also supposed to have noise cancelling. I would say pretty innovative design.

AVvXsEilVxNtDyxjK580nMfaKQxnTL2ScULcpp-Hq39ksmwDdZc-bU1xFxofXnffc7gzydvVyvvZf_YztNMkepk1MN3VxHBiUlL3v7jdQmWNPu9L4lGryTcZsMLJQrxhP4LajGtVvC7ovBLeSg-4uVhNxV-7eJuxJ1b2g8FkDV3pKrYiGjZDoY4xIobOR4TGOg=s1867
AVvXsEjtvqVwPnMQ1D4eWVktDGTMGH2OjNQjymuV2a_bvLKVRAU80AIY411ob1U5vlIJ-4z1eSO5dO7q0mmNJpUgU_NqHnjoSDdTfB3FUTrBKNM05kctHlkc_CRFrGf_hT0jrxk7dPjKN1GMP6-F1qIM-0ngGb3HilyDZVEl06GpwrpocQ9sk6CmhUQMQUnFaQ=w548-h640

Since they were NOT part of the Feb 9 announcement ... any educated guesses when they will be released? I'd love to have something the is similar to the Galaxy beans fit (which I still think is the case here!)
The Walkman Blog doesn't have a release date, but they did update their blog post that there is no noise cancelling:

Update:

The Canadian certification was wrong, there is no noise cancellation, not even passive like WF-C500. The FCC description is "Wireless Stereo Headset". I knew NC would be rather hard to implement on this I mentioned it even below, a large hole in the headset would not seal off the ear that well and let outside noise in.

Sony WF-L900 WFL900 YY2953
The headset comes with active noise cancellation but I am not sure if it is dual mics like on the WF-1000XM4 or a single feed-forward mic. If there are 2 NC microphones, then the feed-back mic is either located near the smaller outer holes or in the inner longer holes. The feed-forward mic looks like it would be located around the dark line that surrounds the silver trim. If there is only one NC microphone, then there will be no feed-back mic and only a driver from the inner holes. Although I wonder how the NC works if the hole in the middle allows sound through, not isolating the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back