Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #42,887 of 62,809
I’ve also got the Timeless, Tri-Starsea, and Hana 2021 waiting for me at my friendly Amazon Hub. I’m just not going to pick them up, so they’ll go back to Amazon on Sunday; fully sealed and refunded. I’m done comparing for a while
I may have found another Canadian retailer that has a good return policy and 20% off the Dorado's at the moment. I may pull the trigger on this...

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/everyt...ire-audio/black-dorado-2020-earphones/8236111

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #42,888 of 62,809
There’s yet another new Soundpeats set out there. The Mini Pro! A stemless ANC bud. Since I like the regular minis and was very impressed by sound & anc of the T2, heck, why not. With coupons I managed to bring price down to 48$
378689A8-D4E9-451B-BA5A-1438BBA8F5BA.jpeg
These haven gotten stellar reviews lately man. I'm going to pick up a pair

Feb 11, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #42,889 of 62,809
Dude..... I'm sorry bro.... I don't know why you kept getting lemons. I have owned mine since they came out and they have never had an issue. Sorry man, really not pouring salt in your wounds, lol, to me it is just crazy, I got in this group and hear all this talk with how bad the MT is.... Wth! I still use mine daily. Who knows maybe I got one of the only good sets... Idk

Me too. Love them.

Feb 11, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #42,891 of 62,809
Fellas.... Not that any of you care but I just saw this set for the first time. The "AG tws09r".
It is another Final Audio tuned set similar to the AG tws04k but less expensive. It has a similar coating as the Final Ze3000. I read a bunch of reviews which I had to translate, which state that these are not bad at all. Anyways none of you asked but figured I'd pass this along. I have them coming tomorrow. Another budget set, here's to hoping it is a gem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220211-132613_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220211-132613_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #42,892 of 62,809
Fellas.... Not that any of you care but I just saw this set for the first time. The "AG tws09r".
It is another Final Audio tuned set similar to the AG tws04k but less expensive. It has a similar coating as the Final Ze3000. I read a bunch of reviews which I had to translate, which state that these are not bad at all. Anyways none of you asked but figured I'd pass this along. I have them coming tomorrow. Another budget set, here's to hoping it is a gem
I was looking to try a budget set and use my Amazon rewards points. That was one of the choices along with the Aviot but I couldn't go with that one. Good luck with them!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #42,893 of 62,809
FH5 arrived today and hot damn they sound amazing! I played the sound track Interstellar and these are the first IEM or headphone I have owned that have achieved the same sub bass as my XBA-Z5.

They also have managed a very similar holographic sound stage and the level of detail is amazing without having the XBA-Z5 tonality issue.

I know these are not the best IEM available but they are perfect for my old ears. So glad I went this route versus the Technics A800 or another TWS. These fill a hole I have had ever since my XBA-Z5 died.

Currently using the default cable on my ES100. Have my Pono player, XBA-Z5 balanced cable and Fiio 2.5mm balanced cable with me and might give those a try. But will be cautious disconnecting the cables until the little connect helper gadget arrives. Don't want these to develop connection issues...

Someone either here are in one of the FH5 reviews mentioned listening to for 3D imaging and man that song is amazing on these.

Thinking I might go with the new Fiio TWS adapter, any thoughts on that by anyone?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #42,894 of 62,809
Got my AZ60's today.

MW07 GO -> Cambridge MT's -> Technics AZ60 has been my experience thus far.

Fair to say I've been well-behaved when it comes to TWS and upgradeitis (been distracted with home HiFi more though), but got convinced from the posts here to go for the AZ60's. Did not find them anywhere offering a return policy for earbuds so it wasn't a risk free purchase.

First impressions compared to MT's is that it beats it handily in all categories except SQ:

- The design is nicer, smaller and looks better in ear
- The fit is both more comfortable and secure, the MT's were not uncomfortable but security was questionable especially at the gym and lots of fiddling was required
- The case is nicer and smaller
- Touch controls are much better executed in comparison (but does not match M&D's button implementation)
- Impressed by the ANC in some simple testing so far, this is my first ANC bud but largely in line with my expectations going in. Trying it on the subway tomorrow
- Calls not tested yet but should be a clear improvement along with multipoint capability

SQ:

- There's just something about the MT's presentation that make them magically musical, for a lack of a better term. I'd like to see the topic of earphone amplification discussed more in the future, which is something Cambridge and B&W have been doing, with maybe little surprise considering the rest of their business portfolios
- The Technics are more than fine, I was a bit unsure for the first few songs but changing to one tip size larger made it better. Unscientifically I say they get within 90% of what the MT's deliver but with an otherwise much better all-around package as described above.

In the end this is for me a case of "what is the purpose of TWS" and that is not focused at-home listening, making the AZ60's in the end a better proposition than the MT's. Perhaps after a week I will forget what the MT's sound like :sweat_smile:

For now the wait for the "almost perfect" TWS set (i.e. little to no compromises) continues.. but I think the AZ60's will do the job in keeping the upgradeitis in check.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #42,895 of 62,809
I was looking to try a budget set and use my Amazon rewards points. That was one of the choices along with the Aviot but I couldn't go with that one. Good luck with them!
Ya I figured I'd give em a shot. Maybe I'll pick up the aviots as well.. I also ordered the Soundpeats mini pro. Ill just give away what I don't use but I'm a sucker for budget sets.

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #42,896 of 62,809
Ya I figured I'd give em a shot. Maybe I'll pick up the aviots as well.. I also ordered the Soundpeats mini pro. Ill just give away what I don't use but I'm a sucker for budget sets.
$39.99 right? I heard Gamesky say there was $20 off the Mini Pro.

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #42,897 of 62,809
Got my AZ60's today.

MW07 GO -> Cambridge MT's -> Technics AZ60 has been my experience thus far.

Fair to say I've been well-behaved when it comes to TWS and upgradeitis (been distracted with home HiFi more though), but got convinced from the posts here to go for the AZ60's. Did not find them anywhere offering a return policy for earbuds so it wasn't a risk free purchase.

First impressions compared to MT's is that it beats it handily in all categories except SQ:

- The design is nicer, smaller and looks better in ear
- The fit is both more comfortable and secure, the MT's were not uncomfortable but security was questionable especially at the gym and lots of fiddling was required
- The case is nicer and smaller
- Touch controls are much better executed in comparison (but does not match M&D's button implementation)
- Impressed by the ANC in some simple testing so far, this is my first ANC bud but largely in line with my expectations going in. Trying it on the subway tomorrow
- Calls not tested yet but should be a clear improvement along with multipoint capability

SQ:

- There's just something about the MT's presentation that make them magically musical, for a lack of a better term. I'd like to see the topic of earphone amplification discussed more in the future, which is something Cambridge and B&W have been doing, with maybe little surprise considering the rest of their business portfolios
- The Technics are more than fine, I was a bit unsure for the first few songs but changing to one tip size larger made it better. Unscientifically I say they get within 90% of what the MT's deliver but with an otherwise much better all-around package as described above.

In the end this is for me a case of "what is the purpose of TWS" and that is not focused at-home listening, making the AZ60's in the end a better proposition than the MT's. Perhaps after a week I will forget what the MT's sound like :sweat_smile:

For now the wait for the "almost perfect" TWS set (i.e. little to no compromises) continues.. but I think the AZ60's will do the job in keeping the upgradeitis in check.
Could not agree more man. The MT's have that more organic tonality that not every set can duplicate. The melomania 1+ as well. Cambridge nails tonality. I still regularly listen to my MT's and 1+ and still enjoy them. As far as amplication goes... Yes Cambridge does add a separate amp which is half the battle in tws. When we see consistent dac/amps then the game will change a bit more but for now most tws use the SOC's dac within the chip and a very small minority of tws have separate amping. It Def helps....alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back