Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 10, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #42,871 of 63,074
’m EXTREMELY happy that @miserybeforethemusic is back as he’s been a great help and his inputs are always VERY valuable (where are you @samandhi ?) and I won’t mention any more names because I don’t want to forget anyone. But I read all of it. And I make my interpretations and my choices.
I'm still here. I just don't have much to say on this thread as I am still using the (what seems like) old school equipment.. Plus, I don't want to get off topic too much, though I do like to read this thread still. LOL

I have been getting more into IEMs and earbuds atm. Still awaiting that killer TWS to replace my Nuarl, Hifiman, and CA devices.... Glad you are back!

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #42,872 of 63,074
Arrived on Monday and have become my default for Teams, Microsoft and Phone calls. Mic do a great job a indoor/outdoor are pretty compact and slim compared with the WXM2 Sony Neckband or Audio Technica 400 Neckband. My wife tells me that the others look like I have an IUD hanging, while these just look like an accessory ,nerdy but not as horrible as the other ones.

Tuning, is very good I have used Beyerdynamic but they feel somewhere between AKG and B&O

Controls are complete and easy to access in one place

Weight wise , you will not notice them

App is the MY app that helps with sound profile creation, FW updates and controls guide. Equalizer 6 presets work well

They have a sidetone setting that really helps modulate your voice on calls when you have both earpieces in

No ANC, but passive isolation is pretty good with their tips

Overall , I would recommend them if you are looking for a Neckband

16445357708367629522775324706688.jpg

16445358125652374901227178637217.jpg

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #42,873 of 63,074
The Walkman Blog doesn't have a release date, but they did update their blog post that there is no noise cancelling:

Update:

The Canadian certification was wrong, there is no noise cancellation, not even passive like WF-C500. The FCC description is "Wireless Stereo Headset". I knew NC would be rather hard to implement on this I mentioned it even below, a large hole in the headset would not seal off the ear that well and let outside noise in.

Sony WF-L900 WFL900 YY2953
The headset comes with active noise cancellation but I am not sure if it is dual mics like on the WF-1000XM4 or a single feed-forward mic. If there are 2 NC microphones, then the feed-back mic is either located near the smaller outer holes or in the inner longer holes. The feed-forward mic looks like it would be located around the dark line that surrounds the silver trim. If there is only one NC microphone, then there will be no feed-back mic and only a driver from the inner holes. Although I wonder how the NC works if the hole in the middle allows sound through, not isolating the sound.
I was thinking that. Certainly thought this pic was flaky cause everything can't be a mic lol! :)
1644535867827.png

Looks like 5 more days again...

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #42,874 of 63,074
I was thinking that. Certainly thought this pic was flaky cause everything can't be a mic lol! :)

Looks like 5 more days again...

You nailed what that reveal video is about. I just went to the YT page and it's funny reading the comments people are leaving.
... new camera?
... new PSP 3?
... new speakers?

Edit:

(Fictional) So the story goes that a Sony engineer went home and emptied the change from his pocket. When he looked down at the table this is what he saw. Then he had that eureka moment...
Sony's Inspiration.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #42,875 of 63,074
Left bud of my Galaxy Buds Pro went for a washing cycle and it's still working. It truly is waterproof. :smile:

but now you have one set of half-clean TWS.. that's a bit of a conundrum... should you wash the other one to even out the cleanness? :grin:

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #42,876 of 63,074
My new addition arrived today and most everything will have to be put for sale because I ain’t turning back. IFi go Blu + Campfire Audio Dorado 2020. $1k IEMs open box from headphones.com for 30% off. The tuning is to die for. The stage ends somewhere behind my head. The subs make my navel vibrate. Instruments are a realistic distance from each other and I can hear instruments that I didn’t know were playing. Vocals are singing to me and me only. Cymbals snap without hissssssing. I hate to break up with my sizable collection, but they are dead to me. Dorado has sung her siren’s song to me by the Campfire.

ok. It’s pretty freakin’ awesome. But these are the opposite of neutral. These are party IEMs
How do they compare with the FH9?

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #42,877 of 63,074
We have to wait for the new LC3 codec which will hopefully be capable of CD quality audio in optimal conditions. We'll see.
I lurk these forums specifically for the release of TWS with LC3 or LC3Plus codec support.

Hopefully soon. ETA mid-end 2022.

Sonos rumored to have headphones upcoming with LC3 support.

I love my Epos GTW 270, but the battery life sucks and audio quality is abysmal when using low latency mode... But gaming is flawless with no delay. Just need to charge them... A lot :)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #42,879 of 63,074
Just received my CX Sennheiser.
Pairing is not as easy as my other TWS on my devices.
First thing, fit is not very easy.
After tip rolling, I choose JVC spiral dot.
It's balanced and quite well detailled. Nice voices.
Better than my soundpeats H1, in mid, and less in V sound.

Feb 11, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #42,880 of 63,074
How do they compare with the FH9?
I think I remember you had OH10 as well?
Lows - The FH9 has a vastly improved bass and sub bass presence over the OH10. Bass on the FH9 is not as artificial as on the OH10, in terms of quality or as pushed forward. The CAs have a lower bass shelf, more forceful subs, a more natural presence in the audio mix.

Mids - I think the OH10s are very disappointing in its mids. They are more an inchoate wall of sound and pushed back somewhat. The FH9s solve the separation but the mids seem still recessed. This places the vocals less prominently although their quality is a mile above the OH10s. I think this is a real strong point for the CAs. The quality is very natural and it is placed in a more sensible forward position.

Trebles - For me, this where the OH10s do a face plant. The highs have almost no openness, sparkle or definition to my ears. The FH9s were a revelation to me here, getting things just about right. The CAs up it a notch and everything is there and right-er.

Separation - CAs are the clear champ. Every instrument is distinguishable even when they are seconding a powerful primary. I’m hearing bass lines that I’d perceived as synthesized being actually seconded by a plucked bass. Blew my mind.

Soundstage - Once again the CAs. I have such a sense of 3d-ness that instruments seem to come from impossible places slightly behind my ears.

Overall - OH10s are a lot of fun but with a lot of bass quantity. Everything else in the sound seems like an afterthought. FH9s sound like IEMs for grownups. Much more balance, quality, and quantity in the mids and highs. I really loved these. CA Dorado 2020s take all of the good qualities IEMs like the FH9 have and improves them. Then they add a little magical fun to the mix that I’m still struggling to describe. The FH9s raise things up to a level that my ears find superlative. The CAs are extra superlative and fun as well.

Hope that helps

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #42,881 of 63,074
I think I remember you had OH10 as well?
Lows - The FH9 has a vastly improved bass and sub bass presence over the OH10. Bass on the FH9 is not as artificial as on the OH10, in terms of quality or as pushed forward. The CAs have a lower bass shelf, more forceful subs, a more natural presence in the audio mix.

Mids - I think the OH10s are very disappointing in its mids. They are more an inchoate wall of sound and pushed back somewhat. The FH9s solve the separation but the mids seem still recessed. This places the vocals less prominently although their quality is a mile above the OH10s. I think this is a real strong point for the CAs. The quality is very natural and it is placed in a more sensible forward position.

Trebles - For me, this where the OH10s do a face plant. The highs have almost no openness, sparkle or definition to my ears. The FH9s were a revelation to me here, getting things just about right. The CAs up it a notch and everything is there and right-er.

Separation - CAs are the clear champ. Every instrument is distinguishable even when they are seconding a powerful primary. I’m hearing bass lines that I’d perceived as synthesized being actually seconded by a plucked bass. Blew my mind.

Soundstage - Once again the CAs. I have such a sense of 3d-ness that instruments seem to come from impossible places slightly behind my ears.

Overall - OH10s are a lot of fun but with a lot of bass quantity. Everything else in the sound seems like an afterthought. FH9s sound like IEMs for grownups. Much more balance, quality, and quantity in the mids and highs. I really loved these. CA Dorado 2020s take all of the good qualities IEMs like the FH9 have and improves them. Then they add a little magical fun to the mix that I’m still struggling to describe. The FH9s raise things up to a level that my ears find superlative. The CAs are extra superlative and fun as well.

Hope that helps
Ya I had the OH10s and agree with what you're describing as well.

Nice thanks for taking the time to explain. Looks like what you're describing is right up my alley. I'll enjoy the FH9s for now and give the CA Dorados a go if there's a decent sale on them in Canada. It's still $1120 CAD hah

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #42,882 of 63,074
Ya I had the OH10s and agree with what you're describing as well.

Nice thanks for taking the time to explain. Looks like what you're describing is right up my alley. I'll enjoy the FH9s for now and give the CA Dorados a go if there's a decent sale on them in Canada. It's still $1120 CAD hah
Headphones.com still has an open box like I got from them. It’s pristine and I have found no flaws. It is 34% off and they were shipped to me from Canada. Don’t know if that changes anything for you!
https://www.headphones.com/collections/campfire-audio/products/campfire-audio-dorado-2020

Feb 11, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #42,883 of 63,074
Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #42,885 of 63,074
Oh DANG....My poor wallet. LOL

Are you selling off your FH9's as well and feel the CA's basically satisfy all your audio needs?
FH9s are within returns period, so back to Amazon they go. FH7s are being sold off as well as my Fokus Pros and my Moondrops (Starfields and Blessing2; the Katos can still be returned). So to answer your question - yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back