Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #23,821 of 62,277
Thanks, give me a few more days of testing as now they have been fully charged overnight as I assume out the box they may not be though said 100% they did not last very long.

Do these support pairing with multiple, devices (I do not mean multi-point connection) and remembering each of them or are they simply re-paring each time I swap from phone to PC?

How do I power them on or off outside the case?

Also BT 5.0 does not necessarily give you more distance, it is still set to a minimum requirement of 10m, it will depends on the size of devices antennas and what tweaks can be done to help them and the voltage to the chip so Bluetooth class 2 or higher Bluetooth Class 1 which can be 15-20m or even higher on larger devices up to 50m easily.

I am not trying to walk far away from devices even in my testing so far but they break up simply moving about a small amount even sometimes quite near the devices, they give no stuttering warning and no voice prompt just disconnected and no voice prompt when they reconnect as you get closer.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #23,822 of 62,277
I'm sure this has been covered already, but what is an inexpensive option which is very small? I would use these for tv watching in bed, lying on a pillow. They don't need to have stellar sound quality or long battery life. Comfort while lying on them is the only consideration.

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #23,823 of 62,277
Is it safe to say that the microphone on any decent wired earbud is better than the microphone on any TWS earbud?

I am thinking of getting a pair of KZ ZSM with Mic for work to attend Zoom meetings. I just want to make sure people will be able to hear me.

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #23,824 of 62,277
I'm sure this has been covered already, but what is an inexpensive option which is very small? I would use these for tv watching in bed, lying on a pillow. They don't need to have stellar sound quality or long battery life. Comfort while lying on them is the only consideration.

i use the sabbat x12 and Nillkin go for lying on a pillow sideways. i also like them because it uses buttons instead of touch, so i can rest my head against my arm with no accidental button presses.

other inexpensive small tws (with touch control) are tronsmart spunky beats, haylou GT1/Pro/Plus.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #23,827 of 62,277
Is it safe to say that the microphone on any decent wired earbud is better than the microphone on any TWS earbud?

I am thinking of getting a pair of KZ ZSM with Mic for work to attend Zoom meetings. I just want to make sure people will be able to hear me.
In my opinion only. I think their are 2 main characteristics for Zoom calls: voice clarity and background noise suppression. Most of the wired IEM microphones do a better job on voice clarity but a worse job on noise suppression.
I use both depending on where I am. Home I tend to use wired but outside wireless...

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #23,828 of 62,277

Yeah I've made several posts about this. TWS mics are all around awful when compared to anything else IMO. I'd suggest a dongle mic options (like Jaybird) or a wired mic for meetings.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #23,829 of 62,277
These and there is a used pair for $10 less:
True Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0, Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds 18H Playtime, 3D Stereo Sound Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control, Built in Mic with Portable Charging Case for Workout https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGWFR56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_-UDgFbC1PD2R8

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #23,830 of 62,277
Mine is own its way but it seems to be lost.
That isn't good... the T10s seem very promising, better batter and sound than the Rimors, aptX as well, etc. OFC Tranya's listed prices are ridicoulously high - and completely the opposite on amazon. EG they list the Rimor for $70, but Amazon puts them as $25-30. Waiting for them to come to Amazon...

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #23,831 of 62,277
Thanks, give me a few more days of testing as now they have been fully charged overnight as I assume out the box they may not be though said 100% they did not last very long.

Do these support pairing with multiple, devices (I do not mean multi-point connection) and remembering each of them or are they simply re-paring each time I swap from phone to PC?

How do I power them on or off outside the case?

Also BT 5.0 does not necessarily give you more distance, it is still set to a minimum requirement of 10m, it will depends on the size of devices antennas and what tweaks can be done to help them and the voltage to the chip so Bluetooth class 2 or higher Bluetooth Class 1 which can be 15-20m or even higher on larger devices up to 50m easily.

I am not trying to walk far away from devices even in my testing so far but they break up simply moving about a small amount even sometimes quite near the devices, they give no stuttering warning and no voice prompt just disconnected and no voice prompt when they reconnect as you get closer.
yes, thats an antenna or power problem. Did have some of those tws from ali that I got refunded. Just throw them in the trash since its most likely a hw problem.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #23,832 of 62,277
Got my MW07 Go today, not quite sure how I feel on them yet. They're comfy and feel like a good solid product but they're too bass heavy for me at the moment, I'll keep listening and do some more tip rolling but I'm glad I didn't pay anywhere near full price.

It's another one of those "hmm is it really worth the extra money" situations; I stuck my Edifier X3 back in because they were to hand and the £80 difference (or £160 if we're talking RRP) just doesn't feel anywhere close to justified at the moment.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #23,833 of 62,277
I got my JVC that are still not out here in the US from Amazon JP. for $20 cheaper than the $149 will cost here when they drop. $12 shipping and they got here in a few days. Shipped on June 14th and DHL go them to me on the 17th. Amazon Global is your friend :)

Aviot and most likely Nuarls latest will be available for easy ordering...
1595448995996.png
Guess I can't use my points on an Aviot though. Oh well!

Also got an email...
1595449808484.png
https://www.adv-sound.com/products/model-x?mc_cid=3cd3e9e6fb&mc_eid=e73d1f9bb6

Not the X+ but might be okay for $40?

This is a very frustrating TWS. ive had nothing but connection issues with it and now i can only get one ear piece to work regardless of how many times i reset them.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #23,834 of 62,277
This is a very frustrating TWS. ive had nothing but connection issues with it and now i can only get one ear piece to work regardless of how many times i reset them.

Never had an Aviot myself so no experience. Sure it is the "GV" cause that just came out a week ago. The G and GV are totally different BT versions and chipsets.

Checked, also a new antenna. Made me read a review..

HOME > Reviews > List of Review Articles
Review
[PR] reviewed by critic Kenji Nomura
Amazing "super" high cospa! Significantly evolved 10,000 yen cut complete wireless, AVIOT "TE-D01gv" ability check
Kenji Nomura
前のページ 1 2
次のページ

July 16, 2020

There are many advantages to the QCC3040, but one of the highlights is the breadth of compatible codecs. In addition to SBC and AAC, aptX and even aptX Adaptive are also supported. It has become that you can enjoy a higher sound.

You can check the surrounding sound without removing the earphones one by one by pressing the button of the main body

In addition, the continuous playback time is improved to a maximum of 11 hours, so that it can be continued to use for about 50 hours when the charge from the dedicated case is combined. The case is also equipped with a USB Type-C port and supports a fast-charging function that can be played for up to three hours on a 15-minute charge. In addition, it incorporates a full range of usability, such as waterproof performance of IPX7 and an optional silicon case. Just looking at these features, TE-D01gv seems to be a very attractive product.

However, sound quality is also one of the important points. So, while comparing the sound of the base model "TE-D01g", I tried to audition.

As for the sound quality, the quality is increasing to the extent that it is not an exaggeration to say that it is a product of a completely different class. First of all, the distortion feeling is thoroughly eliminated. Especially with the increased sense of focus in the low range, groove feeling such as bass and drums has come to be transmitted more directly.

On the other hand, the high range is also more pure, and the tone of the brass instrument is gorgeous and beautiful. I feel more momentum in the sound of the violin than usual.

However, what I thought was the most attractive was the overall sound balance. To tell the truth, the original "TE-D01g" also had a goodness that does not choose a relatively music genre (this was good), but it was felt like a result of emphasizing balance without pushing the sound quality adjustment too much to the last.

On the other hand, "TE-D01gv" is finished in a thorough pursuit form of sound that highly balances them while emphasizing the direct feeling of sound, the sharpness of the sharpness of the sharp expression, and the fineness of the detail expression.

Thanks to this, both the cello and the violin play a lively tone, the piano combines the strength and stretch of the touch, and the female vocals delight the singing voice of the neutral emotional expression like an adult. On the other hand, J-pop and EDM, which use a lot of typing, also make you feel a powerful beat, regardless of the music genre, it has realized the depth of the bosom that can be enjoyed widely from classical to J-pop.

In this way, "TE-D01gv" is a product that makes you feel a steady evolution as if you have shifted the price class from the original model to one or two. At a price of around 9000 yen in actual sales, and the quality improvement up here in a period of about one year is amazing. Fully wireless earphones I would like to greatly welcome the birth of a new landmark."

GV sounds pretty good. Doesn't say what codec he was listening under though.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #23,835 of 62,277
That isn't good... the T10s seem very promising, better batter and sound than the Rimors, aptX as well, etc. OFC Tranya's listed prices are ridicoulously high - and completely the opposite on amazon. EG they list the Rimor for $70, but Amazon puts them as $25-30. Waiting for them to come to Amazon...
Some reviewer on YouTube commented they feel cheap and not worth 100$. They didn't say specifically why the sound while good was up to the price.

I'm also not keen on triple tapping just to switch tracks, why not switch it around with volume which is double-tap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back