Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #23,837 of 62,589
@jant71 sorry, i meant the adv model x.

Oh yeah I forgot about that part down lower which doesn't show unless you expand the quote. I forgot I even added that. Probably not a good deal on the "X" if it can give issues.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #23,838 of 62,589
Some reviewer on YouTube commented they feel cheap and not worth 100$. They didn't say specifically why the sound while good was up to the price.

I'm also not keen on triple tapping just to switch tracks, why not switch it around with volume which is double-tap?

Then on Android you would need tap it 30x to go from 0-100% volume (10 steps by default).

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #23,839 of 62,589
Yeah I've made several posts about this. TWS mics are all around awful when compared to anything else IMO. I'd suggest a dongle mic options (like Jaybird) or a wired mic for meetings.
I have great results with SoundCore Life P2 for calls. Excellent mics. Not the best for music, but I almost exclusively use them for calls (phone, VOIP, Zoom).

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #23,840 of 62,589
Thanks, give me a few more days of testing as now they have been fully charged overnight as I assume out the box they may not be though said 100% they did not last very long.

Do these support pairing with multiple, devices (I do not mean multi-point connection) and remembering each of them or are they simply re-paring each time I swap from phone to PC?

How do I power them on or off outside the case?

Also BT 5.0 does not necessarily give you more distance, it is still set to a minimum requirement of 10m, it will depends on the size of devices antennas and what tweaks can be done to help them and the voltage to the chip so Bluetooth class 2 or higher Bluetooth Class 1 which can be 15-20m or even higher on larger devices up to 50m easily.

I am not trying to walk far away from devices even in my testing so far but they break up simply moving about a small amount even sometimes quite near the devices, they give no stuttering warning and no voice prompt just disconnected and no voice prompt when they reconnect as you get closer.
Hi, helmutcheese,
Thanks for your quick reply. Abouot your questions:
1. Apollo Bold remembers the last device. It means if you have used your mobile phone at the first time, then you connect your PC at last, next time when you take the earbuds out, it will connect with PC directly.
2. How do I power them on or off outside the case? >>The only way to power on or off the earbuds is to put it in the case or take out from the case.
3. Apollo Bold is equipped with BT 5.0 class 2, voltage is 5V, 450mAh, plus it is engineered with customized antenna in the whole round of the earbud. Please check the pic below, the purple circle on the earbud is the antenna.

Hope it helps.
Please let us know if you have any other question.
Thanks.
1595553778575.png

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #23,842 of 62,589
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #23,843 of 62,589
On my Pixel there are 25 volume steps.

on samsung devices that has Sound Assistant app, we can change the volume increment to 150 steps

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #23,845 of 62,589
Some reviewer on YouTube commented they feel cheap and not worth 100$. They didn't say specifically why the sound while good was up to the price.

I'm also not keen on triple tapping just to switch tracks, why not switch it around with volume which is double-tap?
Yep. The manual here: https://www.tranya.com/tmp/file/2ad25f70d9.pdf confirms that weird control setup...so sad. I was going to wait until this released on Amazon for cheap, like every other Tranya product, but the wacky controls makes this a no-go for me. Might reconsider the Rimor...

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #23,846 of 62,589
Yep. The manual here: https://www.tranya.com/tmp/file/2ad25f70d9.pdf confirms that weird control setup...so sad. I was going to wait until this released on Amazon for cheap, like every other Tranya product, but the wacky controls makes this a no-go for me. Might reconsider the Rimor...
You can get the T10s for $40 on Tranya's site with the code JULY50. Trust me, you really don't want the Rimors. They are awful.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #23,847 of 62,589
Jul 23, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #23,848 of 62,589
Just got the Fiil CC in. Design-wise, wow. Scarbir mentioned these are the best designed tws out of the 125+ models he has seen come his way and I agree.

Phenomenal design. Makes you want to keep touching the case and the earphones. Soundwise, very competent SQ but there's a crazy spike around 2k-3k. When I get home I'll have to measure them to dial in on what's going on.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #23,849 of 62,589
Is it safe to say that the microphone on any decent wired earbud is better than the microphone on any TWS earbud?

I am thinking of getting a pair of KZ ZSM with Mic for work to attend Zoom meetings. I just want to make sure people will be able to hear me.
No, most cheap/aliexpress iem mics are actually terrible and will feedback all sounds pushed to earphones back through the mic, I've tested many cables and iems and have only found a few. You have to find some that are made with a good mic. I believe Xiaomi uses knowles mics, Huawei might as well. The apple one is good as well. TWSs don't have to share cables in that manner and have an entirely separate mic circuit and so can do better, but most cheap TWSs have crap mics so... The best mic I had so far was on the earfun air.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back