Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 22, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #23,791 of 62,585
Easy, L2Ps. Coz of the App/EQ and how well it responds to it. Thing's a chameleon with it around.

Outlier Gold's "special processing" doesn't actually work for streaming music (supposedly it's for "local" music only) so (at least for me) there was not much incentive to get them over the "Normals".

Also, despite the bass heaviness the L2P walks all over the Outlier "Normals" when it comes to imaging so I don't expect any better out of the Golds in this regard.

And thanks for the 'Polo update. They're sounding more and more interesting TBH. Now I just need a bit more sound impressions before pulling the trigger.

Or, you know, Tronsmart (or Trons MY) can send me a pair to test - despite my limited socmed presence 🤣

Thanks again! have been playing with them for an hour now and really dig them. Easily the best fit of recent buds (with all those tips and wings they come!) ... large wings and XL tips ... app also fun. Those I will not send back :D

Jul 22, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #23,792 of 62,585
Jul 22, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #23,794 of 62,585
Jul 22, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #23,795 of 62,585
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #23,797 of 62,585
Had my Apollo Bolds about 2 hours or so now, so far kind of bass heavy and trying to work out the Assistant setting as it is nearly same as the triple press for ANC.

Ear tips/buds far too small and no XL like the Cleer Audio clones have, using my own XL tips and can still fit case and make charging contact but the nozzles are short and do not reach my canals fully, if I can get my double flange SpinFits on they will need come of each time I change them.

Does not seem any way to power them on/off if not in the case, pressing them for long period disconnects and they looks for another device (I hope these can remember more than one device not continually re-pairing each time (not talking multi-point).

Connection/distance is not good, worse than some of my older BT 4.1 sets, definitely not a strong 10m never mind 15m (class 1 or 2?) and this is on both my Android mobile phone (BT 5.0 class 1) and my PC (Intel BT 5.1/WIFI 6 ax)
I am actually having connection issues too. Agree with the bass heavy sounds (which I don't mind tbh).

I wonder how these compare to the fiio fw1

Jul 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #23,798 of 62,585
MTI will release NUARL N10 Pro ANC TRULY WIRELESS STEREO EARBUDS, a completely wireless earphone equipped with NUARL brand active noise canceling (ANC) in early September. The price is 24,500 yen(~$229).

Earphones equipped with dual digital feed-forward/feedback ANC based on Qualcomm's ANC technology. It also supports external sound capture, and you can switch between ANC/external sound capture by the dedicated application "N10 CONNECT".

Equipped with a PTT multilayer film moving plate that has TPE and titanium film deposited on the surface of the PEEK diaphragm, and a unique 10mm diameter dynamic full range driver [N10] v3 that uses a double magnet magnetic circuit. It is said to play a powerful sound with sharpness from the high range to the low range. The reproduction frequency band is 20Hz to 20kHz.

By housing the driver in a metal housing and modularizing it, analog tone like a wired earphone is realized. Furthermore, by combining an earphone module and a digital equalizer that makes full use of the DSP incorporated in the SoC, it has been possible to achieve delicate sound quality tuning that has never been achieved.

It adopts the patented technology "HDSS" of TBI in the US, and it is said that the third-generation ETL acoustic module is built into the housing to prevent localization in the head and reproduce the natural sound spread with thickness and stereoscopic effect.

Bluetooth 5.0 compliant. Codec supports aptX, AAC, SBC. The profile supports A2DP, HFP, HSP, AVRCP. Qualcomm "QCC5124" is combined with an antenna that employs a unique directivity control technology to achieve connection stability with less interruption in sound.

You can play/stop/tune forward/back songs, adjust the volume, and answer the phone with the earphone buttons. The dedicated sub button on the back of the earphone can turn ON/OFF the ANC and external sound capture function. You can also talk with the built-in twin microphone.

The dedicated application "N10 CONNECT" supports not only ANC/external sound capture switching, but also function customization such as hearing protection ON/OFF and equalizer settings. It also supports firmware OTA updates and "Find Earbuds" that display when the earphones are disconnected on the map.

Oh man, this will be rough:

■ Trade-up service

We offer trade-up services from NUARL earphones. You can replace your NUARL earphones with the "N10 Pro" for a fee. (Reception at NUARL official website *4)

Source: https://www.atpress.ne.jp/news/219185

Jul 22, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #23,800 of 62,585
and looking at the spec for the driver, it looks to be the N6 one and not the N6 Pro. If it has decent ANC and sounds like the N6 Pro and call quality that is OK, I’d be in too. Cost is 24500 Japan so probably $229....
Right -- or at least, it appears to be a 10mm version of the driver in the N6. But personally, I like the sound of the N6 more than the N6 Pro, so this is win-win-win all around for me, assuming the SQ is there (I have to assume it will be, Nuarl are no slouches).

Jul 22, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #23,801 of 62,585
Aviot with aptX and aptX Adaptive...

This model has improved basic performance while maintaining the size of the conventional model "TE-D01g". By using the latest SoC "QCC3040", the earphones can be played for up to 11 hours and the case can be used for up to 50 hours. In addition, by combining the newly designed antenna, it is said that the interruption of sound is minimized even in the streets and trains where radio waves fly around.

The Bluetooth codec supports aptX Adaptive in addition to SBC/AAC/aptX. aptX Adaptive achieves high connection stability in combination with compatible Android devices.

Φ6mm dynamic type micro speaker is used for the driver. The diaphragm is made of lightweight and highly rigid titanium evaporated PU, and the magnet is made of a high magnetic flux density neodymium magnet.

A high-sensitivity MEMS microphone is adopted as the microphone, and a new external sound capturing function is installed. With the synergistic effect of the cVc noise canceling function, clear calls can be made.

$83 pre-order on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.jp/AVIOT-TE-D01gv-Bluetooth-ワイヤレスイヤホン-Android/dp/B08BNK9M8N

Just be aware that the specs say 7hr no ANC, 5hr ANC with SBC/AAC but only 3.5 with AptX...so not sure whether you actually want the trade off?

Right -- or at least, it appears to be a 10mm version of the driver in the N6. But personally, I like the sound of the N6 more than the N6 Pro, so this is win-win-win all around for me, assuming the SQ is there (I have to assume it will be, Nuarl are no slouches).

Wasn't there someone who said the Aviot were about as good as Nuarl for SQ? That might solve things if they are also coming this fall with an ANC model. GV gets 11 hours so the battery is good and it has the high magnet strength evaporated Titanium film driver. 11 is a better starting point than 7 for ANC and it already does the higher codec. Interesting the Nuarl is BT5.0 and the Aviot is BT 5.2.

Jul 22, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #23,802 of 62,585
Wasn't there someone who said the Aviot were about as good as Nuarl for SQ? That might solve things if they are also coming this fall with an ANC model. GV gets 11 hours so the battery is good and it has the high magnet strength evaporated Titanium film driver. 11 is a better starting point than 7 for ANC and it already does the higher codec. Interesting the Nuarl is BT5.0 and the Aviot is BT 5.2.
Yes, also have my eye on those Aviots. But Aviot are harder to get in the US so I'm not looking forward to trying (as I sit here on week 6 still waiting for my Astrotec S90 Pros...).

Jul 22, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #23,803 of 62,585
Yes, also have my eye on those Aviots. But Aviot are harder to get in the US so I'm not looking forward to trying (as I sit here on week 6 still waiting for my Astrotec S90 Pros...).

I got my JVC that are still not out here in the US from Amazon JP. for $20 cheaper than the $149 will cost here when they drop. $12 shipping and they got here in a few days. Shipped on June 14th and DHL go them to me on the 17th. Amazon Global is your friend :)

Aviot and most likely Nuarls latest will be available for easy ordering...
1595448995996.png

Guess I can't use my points on an Aviot though. Oh well!

Also got an email...
1595449808484.png

https://www.adv-sound.com/products/model-x?mc_cid=3cd3e9e6fb&mc_eid=e73d1f9bb6

Not the X+ but might be okay for $40?

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #23,804 of 62,585
After being frustrated with TWS mic solutions for the last couple of weeks, I've been using my Jaybird X3s (they were my gym buds before lockdown) for the last 2 days and it's been an eye-opening experience. I went through Gbuds+, Tevi, 75T, and XM3.

1. The dangling mic on the X3 is just great. I didn't realize this until, when on a work-from-home call, the other party noted that I sounded much clearer now (I'd been using the XM3 earlier that day).
2. X3s do multipoint flawlessly. I can pair them to my iPhone and Windows PC. They will switch immediately when I have a call on the PC and go back to the phone no problem. I haven't seen TWS do this yet. Better yet, i can just pause music on my phone (via the in-line remote) and start playing anything on my PC and they'll switch!
3. The cord is definitely annoying (especially with face masks).

Ironically, the X3/Tarah/X4 are the only versions to have the multipoint functionality so the Vista doesn't have it. (I've already ordered an X4 for use in the office because web calls are definitely here to stay).

So for me, it may be too soon for TWS. If my use case for were only for music, any of the pairs (other than the 75T) would be a phenomenal buy as they trounce the X3s in music playback. It's a shame that all the big players have abandoned corded iems :cry:
LOL. I think this is the first post I've seen in a while about the actual thread theme, which was are we at the stage where we can comfotably get TWS without sacrificing too much. As of right now, this has just morphed into a TWS review/impressions thread.

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #23,805 of 62,585
32$ sale aptx/8hr battery anyone try these?
ENACFIRE E60 Bluetooth V5.0 Wireless Earbuds with Wireless Charging Case, 8H Continuous Playtime, IPX8 Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds for Sports, Apt-X Deep Bass Wireless Headphones, Built-in Dual Mics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NX7DKB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Y0hgFbZSX6526
Actually, I was just thinking about getting these! Scarbir says that they are quite good:
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/enacfire-e60-tws-review
To sum up, some other competitors in this price point have slightly better sound, but the Enacfire offers better functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back