Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 10, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #19,801 of 63,214
It was me, and my Tevis are still almost unusable.
After updating, and testing them, I reset them to factory defaults. Felt that was the right thing to do after the update, to delete paired devices and to be sure they "were as new".
It ruined them for me, because the connection became very unstable and the app seldom worked.
And the app have to work, because the sound in the left bud is weaker before getting them into the app and press "Sound" and choosing a preset. Strange...

BUT the sound after the update is amazing! Still detailed, but with much fuller sound. Punchier, deeper and more bass without a doubt. I actually loved the sound before the update (with the right tips to get the most out of the bass), but now they sound just amazing!

Lypertek have said they will send me new ones with original firmware after the Chinese new year 2020 holiday. Guess they were back to work yesterday.
And guess I then have to wait awhile to get the new sound signature, because I believe the official/stable firmware update isn't ready for some time.

I found a way to use them, but it's of course too cumbersome:
- First I had to reset again.
- Connecting the left bud but cancel when asked to connect the right.
- Put them in the case, and then take out just the left bud so it connects. Play some music and take out the right. Then you have sound in both.
- Then start app, and the bluetooth ask for connecting the -R BLE (guess that's the app who want to connect)
- With this method I actually can use them, and the app starts everytime.

Thanks for the tips! That sounds like...quite a bit of work. haha. Might be easier to just try and EQ it a little in poweramp. But looking forward to the update for sure. It still sounds good to me now, just that it doesn't work well for me while jogging.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #19,802 of 63,214
Another win is that these support Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus and my OnePlus 7T is connecting to each bud independently. Connectivity seems pretty solid while walking through the city.
Just curious if they pause the music when switching buds? So far for me, on a non TWS+ device the QCC3020 is not as seamless as Airoha/Realtek chips.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #19,803 of 63,214
Was your replacement directly from them again?

I wasn’t aware that it worked for music, I thought it was phone only. Interesting.

Ugh, sorry, that sucks!

I am really perplexed. I mean, I know Quality Control can vary, but this seems to be more than that.

I thought I’d share more details from my packaging, in case there are differences. Does your case say this?

And the box label looks like this?
It is same with mine. I just tested mine listening to youtube at full blast (both max volume on youtube and on my pc) and it didn't clipped at all, but when I am listening through foobar (same song), it will clipped at roughly 86-90 volume on my pc (max on foobar).

This is the song that I tried.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #19,804 of 63,214
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #19,805 of 63,214
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #19,806 of 63,214
Is the search function busted after the maintenance? I was trying to find the post where someone showed a different, new, earbud style Cleer Audio tws ... but when I search for cleer I get 'no results' ... which kinda can't be ... I will start scrolling through older posts ... but maybe someone beats me to it.

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #19,807 of 63,214
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #19,808 of 63,214
Just curious if they pause the music when switching buds? So far for me, on a non TWS+ device the QCC3020 is not as seamless as Airoha/Realtek chips.
Music pauses when you take one bud out.

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #19,809 of 63,214
glad to help! :ksc75smile:

on the side note, i took my Airsun X8 to the Gym, and i got to say the connection range of this is not very good, can't dven went more than 3 meters away with a concrete column between it. i ended up have to carry my phone around in the gym. to date, only this and the older soundcore liberty neo that have a really short connection range. with the Dyplay and the others i can easily go across the room without any stuttering.

Just seeing this while scrolling back ... you received your Airsun X8? Did you share impressions yet (other than short range?) how's the ANC? SC?

Still waiting for my Dyplay, they are 'outbound in sorting center' ... sooo ... who knows how long :)

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #19,810 of 63,214
Feb 11, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #19,811 of 63,214
Just seeing this while scrolling back ... you received your Airsun X8? Did you share impressions yet (other than short range?) how's the ANC? SC?

Still waiting for my Dyplay, they are 'outbound in sorting center' ... sooo ... who knows how long :)

yup, i did a short review here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15446529

interestingly, the treble has lifted it's veil compared to the time i wrote that initial review (i played some treble heavy tracks and leave it on loop for a couple of hours).
and also i went to the gym with it again, and put it in my regular bag, the bluetooth range is not as bas as the previous experience..that specific day i was using my son's bag which is a bit more padded than mine.. maybe that also contributed to the worse BT connection. the Dyplay's still has better range though... and man i love the mic sound on it.

i think I'm on TWS pause right now, as the current lineup are sufficient and working great for their designated scenarios, also because currently no other TWS caught my interest (there are the Mifo o7 and the new Nillkin Aptx, but i think I'll hold for now). i still browse for new and exciting new TWS though, being an addict and all :ksc75smile:

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #19,812 of 63,214
Yeah, that's what I read too, though i remember someone mentioning having issues with them when they reset the earbuds after the update? I was hoping to wait till it goes official first. But it does sound like it will make the tuning more towards my liking.

I doubt that the update go ever official.
You never need to reset the earbuds - the member want to pair it new and reset it and than run in this issues.
When you want to pair it new simple press two times the button and it works perfectly - you will love this tuning :ksc75smile:

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #19,813 of 63,214
Was your replacement directly from them again?

I wasn’t aware that it worked for music, I thought it was phone only. Interesting.

Ugh, sorry, that sucks!

I am really perplexed. I mean, I know Quality Control can vary, but this seems to be more than that.

I thought I’d share more details from my packaging, in case there are differences. Does your case say this?
346F8A5B-1430-469D-B3D5-01525100C8CD.jpeg
And the box label looks like this?
CC4626B0-E0A5-479C-A270-7C5EAF44A543.jpeg

How interesting - my earbud case looks like yours, but the sticker on the back of the box is totally different. My barcode is X002F2T413, and the text says "mifo 07 wireless earbuds NEW" --- I wonder if it is this NEW model that is the problem unit ?

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #19,814 of 63,214
can I ask which is the best TWS out there now, money no object

I know the new sony TWS so anything else that is totl TWS

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #19,815 of 63,214
Music pauses when you take one bud out.
Oh, that's a pity. Are there duplicate listings for the left and right buds on your Bluetooth list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back