Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 30, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #19,442 of 62,083
Let me know if you think I'm nuts. Never heard sound change like that. It's hard to believe.
All they need is eq in the app. 10 band is perfect, 5 band is decent.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #19,444 of 62,083
What’s odd is that JRR and Gamesky’s reviews have not mentioned this. Maybe it’s just random, maybe not.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #19,445 of 62,083
What’s odd is that JRR and Gamesky’s reviews have not mentioned this. Maybe it’s just random, maybe not.
Gamesky did mention it but he kinda soften it out saying it still offer clarity just a bump in the bass. He said he love the sound without the ANC tho.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #19,446 of 62,083
Let me know if you think I'm nuts. Never heard sound change like that. It's hard to believe.
I think you are 80% nuts and 20% true xD

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #19,447 of 62,083
Gamesky did mention it but he kinda soften it out saying it still offer clarity just a bump in the bass. He said he love the sound without the ANC tho.
The problem is the bass is overwhelming and bleeds into the mids. The lower ANC stage is better but it still takes away from the sq. I'll be interested in your impressions. I'll try them again in the morning.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #19,448 of 62,083
The problem is the bass is overwhelming and bleeds into the mids. The lower ANC stage is better but it still takes away from the sq. I'll be interested in your impressions. I'll try them again in the morning.
Is the passive noise isolation bad? I use my mifo 07 and t1x on a daily basis and I don't think I need any ANC tbh. I use mine in my workplace, starbucks, laundromat and barely hear anything if any it will be super loud and you probably want to hear those sound really (firefighter sirens for example)

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #19,449 of 62,083
Is the passive noise isolation bad? I use my mifo 07 and t1x on a daily basis and I don't think I need any ANC tbh. I use mine in my workplace, starbucks, laundromat and barely hear anything if any it will be super loud and you probably want to hear those sound really (firefighter sirens for example)
They are more like a bose style than a true iem so isolation isn't great. The whole point for me is the ANC so if the ANC kills the sq, they are useless. I think it's an overcorrection in the software. If they can sort it out they should be solid. My APP sound better with ANC on.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #19,450 of 62,083
20200131_114957.jpg

my Airsun X8 has arrived. my short review/impression on this:
the unboxing was really barebone. the box is black with no markings, with no plastic wrappings, the manual is printed in a really crappy paper.

but the unit itself is quite nice. it's got that velvety rubber coating all over the case and the earpiece itself. the material is solid.

it has a short TWS nozzle like the Jabra and Mifo o5, and the case is shallow, so eartips selections are limited. i use the Tennmak Whirlwind on mine

it uses 4 mic arrays (one on the outside, and onr in the inside) like the XM3 for ANC. compared to the Dyplay BQC35 which only uses 2 mics (outside only)

ANC is about the same level as the BQC35, but it differs slightly: the X8 slightly muffles the highs more than the BQC35, but the BQC35 reduces lowest rumble slightly more. so it's a toss up depending usage. the X8 has slightly better passive blocking.
also note that the BQC35 ANC would clip if there's a sudden clicking noise (like turning on light switch, dropping keys on glass table, or clapping). not a deal breaker, but it's there. the X8 and XM3 don't have that problem.
but my X8 with ANC on would make that buzzing noise on the left earpiece if i cupped my hand and touch it (like when you touch the guitar cable jack when connected to an amp). the right one doesn't have that problem.

Call quality is no contest. the Dyplay BQC35 has one of the best and most natural mic sound that I've tested.

ease of use, the X8 can control all volume, track skip, and play/pause from either left or right unit. but the double click or triple click scheme is a bit finnicky. the ability to turn on/off from the earpiece is also a plus for me.

Sound signature, the X8 is mid centric with a warm veil across the freq. bass mids treble are about the same level (the BQC35 is a subbass monster with recessed mids in comparison)
the treble of the X8 is a bit too warm for my taste. the good thing is this sound won't be fatiguing even for long sessions.

overall I'm quite pleased with this X8. i think between the WH and WF XM3, and the BQC35, my ANC needs for now are about covered

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #19,451 of 62,083
They are more like a bose style than a true iem so isolation isn't great. The whole point for me is the ANC so if the ANC kills the sq, they are useless. I think it's an overcorrection in the software. If they can sort it out they should be solid. My APP sound better with ANC on.
What about when ANC off?

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #19,452 of 62,083
I'm fairly certain Gamesky did mention the sound changes with ANC and he wasn't a fan. What's strange is that the Sony's sound changes, they sound best with everything off, but there is less bass. The OTE cans I have have a drastic sound change without ANC they sound too midrangey and bassy, yet when I turn the ANC on they sound pretty fantastic. I wonder what all these companies are doing that is resulting in such inconsistent results with ANC.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #19,455 of 62,083

Users who are viewing this thread

Back