Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #19,831 of 62,423
I know Mifo O5s has fakes in China. since they were wildly popular over there. not sure about MifoO7s they are implementing some unique bar code system to combat the counterfeit issue. could be a implementation of that barcode system?
That's funny. Chi-Fi is now cloning other Chi-Fi.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #19,832 of 62,423
I've got the MW07 Go and I like them, but I'd like ANC. I decided against the MW07 Plus because the ANC is barely there. Given that I like the signature of the MW07s, do the Cleers sound similar?
I've had the MW07 original and the plus. I think the Cleers sound pretty damn good and are louder. The ANC blows away the MW07 Plus' ANC. If you can get them off Amazon with Prime, give them a shot and test them out.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #19,833 of 62,423
Some of those '90s albums have pretty horrendous mastering, so it could always be that. :floatsmile:
Agreed. I'm going to stick with them longer.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #19,834 of 62,423
I've got the MW07 Go and I like them, but I'd like ANC. I decided against the MW07 Plus because the ANC is barely there. Given that I like the signature of the MW07s, do the Cleers sound similar?

The Cleers have a bit more bass and highs are not as emphasized as the MW07 Pluses. Soundstage and clarity are similar to my ear.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #19,835 of 62,423
The Cleers have a bit more bass and highs are not as emphasized as the MW07 Pluses. Soundstage and clarity are similar to my ear.
Cleers have better passive isolation for me and do not make my ears hurt with the wings that the MW07 have.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #19,837 of 62,423
Somehow this flew under my radar, thanks for the impressions! It appears the SQ of the BQC35 would fit my bill a bit better. On the other hand I do like good passive isolation and the X8 do remind me a bit of my old old Jabra Sport Elite, my first ever TWS pair ... which I would probably by again if I saw a mega deal, just for nostalgia's sake.

Me too it appears, but more because corona virus seems to be shutting down AliExpress and that's my only source ... have not seen any new interesting TWS popping up in a while ... But I also think I have enough (do I ever)

Speaking of ANC needs, seen THIS one? they claim they have 'Adaptive Noise Cancelling (Pure ANC)' .. not sure if they understand the meaning of 'pure' ... but at this price I doubt this is real ANC

I admit i use the X8 more extensively than the BQC35 this past weeks, because after that veil lifted the sound is much better, and the tuning is more of my preference also. But the BQC35, even though it's really V-shaped, i really like it. It has energy that's not present in all my other earphones.

That ANC TWS that you're talking about, i also eyeing on it, but a bit sceptical about the ANC implementation, whether it's only active in phone calls like cvc or not. Also it only uses micro usb...like...eeeuuugh in 2020 :joy:

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #19,839 of 62,423
Feb 11, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #19,840 of 62,423
Feb 11, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #19,841 of 62,423
I know Mifo O5s has fakes in China. since they were wildly popular over there. not sure about MifoO7s they are implementing some unique bar code system to combat the counterfeit issue. could be a implementation of that barcode system?

good to know, but I would be curious to understand how we would be able to tell what’s what! Honesty, since the others are from Mifo Direct and say “New”, they have to be legit, right? :wink:

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #19,842 of 62,423
Feb 11, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #19,843 of 62,423
I admit i use the X8 more extensively than the BQC35 this past weeks, because after that veil lifted the sound is much better, and the tuning is more of my preference also. But the BQC35, even though it's really V-shaped, i really like it. It has energy that's not present in all my other earphones.

That ANC TWS that you're talking about, i also eyeing on it, but a bit sceptical about the ANC implementation, whether it's only active in phone calls like cvc or not. Also it only uses micro usb...like...eeeuuugh in 2020 :joy:
Can you please share a link to the X8 ?
Can’t find it anywhere ...
Thanks .

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #19,844 of 62,423
Just received Cleer Ally (without the ANC). Now, this sounds impressively good. OOTB, the bass might be a little bit overwhelming, but with just minimal use (cook it up at max volume on subwoofer test song lol) IMG_20200211_181658.jpg, the bass has settled down to a well rounded and punchy bass. Mid is clear and detailed, not too forward but not too recessed either. It just right imho. The high is well extended, but never piercing. I say it is a very very smooth high. Cymbals has good decay and airiness, but it never even once piercing unlike T1X. Timbre is very good. Soundstage and separation is very good. This has probably the widest soundstage of all my other tws so far.
Build quality and fit is average imho. Case is made of plastic and the earbuds themselves are plastic. Compared to 1more and mifo07, it feels cheap. Not saying it is bad tho. Fit is kinda finicky. I removed the fin because it actually pushed the earbuds out from my ear and thus breaking the seal. Changed it to the provided silicone sleeve without the fin and it fits just fine.
Will do more comparison with my other tws (mifo07, 1more and T1X), but I am awed by the sound this tws produce so far.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #19,845 of 62,423
I've tried these Aukey headphones from the same product line: https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Wirele...0WGAY1BNH3D&psc=1&refRID=3R6CP8XJG0WGAY1BNH3D

So many dropouts like a pair of Rowkin buds. Drove me nuts.
Really? I tried out the T10 last summer and they had a stronger connection than a lot of TWS I've used. I sent them back because I didn't like them as much as the Galaxy Buds and they had a lot of similar features otherwise, but connection was one of the strong points for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back