Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #19,846 of 62,586
Also it only uses micro usb...like...eeeuuugh in 2020 :joy:

Still using cable, not wireless charging in 2020 .. eeeeuuuuuggghh :wink:
honestly, micro USB is still not a deal breaker for me ...

I keep having an itch to add a Sony XM3 to my collection ... already scouting 'cheap' places ... amazon.de has it for 180EU right now, e-earphone in Tokyo used for 153EU ... but I m not going to Japan anytime soon ... sigh ... need to curb my greed! (edit: eeeeekkkk ... found a local shop selling them for 47500LKR, which is 240EU / 260USD ... guess I have to be patient ... )

But ANC is just SO COOOOL ... came across an iOS app for mellow background noise called 'mynoise' ... that with ANC ... heavenly!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #19,847 of 62,586
Can you please share a link to the X8 ?
Can’t find it anywhere ...
Thanks .

yes, AE sellers are kinda cryptic sometimes and not mentioning the real name of the product. here is the link
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000598879145.html

cook it up at max volume on subwoofer test song lol

yup, my most effective way of "burn in" an earphone is hearing which frequency that is a bit veiled, and then playing tracks that has a lot of that veiled freq point. for example, if the bass ootb is a bit blurry, then i play heavy bass tracks, or if the treble a bit muffled, then heavy cymbals or bright synth is the way to go. works most of the time

But ANC is just SO COOOOL ... came across an iOS app for mellow background noise called 'mynoise' ... that with ANC ... heavenly!

yes, after ANC it's harder to go to non ANC ones, especially for the usage in environments that the ANC excel...that sudden deadening moment of the background noise when the ANC turned on is addicting

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #19,849 of 62,586
Btw this Cleer Ally has pretty incredible battery life. I have been using it non stop at 80-90% volume on my pc (foobar, vlc and youtube at 100% volume) for 4 hours and the battery still at 70%. Oh forgot to mention that the case is still using micro-usb cable to charge.

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #19,850 of 62,586
Still using cable, not wireless charging in 2020 .. eeeeuuuuuggghh :wink:
honestly, micro USB is still not a deal breaker for me ...

I keep having an itch to add a Sony XM3 to my collection ... already scouting 'cheap' places ... amazon.de has it for 180EU right now, e-earphone in Tokyo used for 153EU ... but I m not going to Japan anytime soon ... sigh ... need to curb my greed!

the Sony XM3 is worth the hype to me. They’re not for activity, or water, or outside where you could lose them or pretty much anything but sitting or walking, but the sound and ANC and connection is for me top notch.

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #19,851 of 62,586
micro USB is still not a deal breaker for me

Well, same here. I anyway have to carry around a Micro USB cable because my Kindle and the Honor Band charges through Micro USB so it doesn't bother me when a TWS has Micro USB instead of USB-C. I have a lot of Micro USB cables lying around everywhere in my house and at the office.

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #19,852 of 62,586
Really? I tried out the T10 last summer and they had a stronger connection than a lot of TWS I've used. I sent them back because I didn't like them as much as the Galaxy Buds and they had a lot of similar features otherwise, but connection was one of the strong points for me!
Sadly, yes. Whenever I walked outdoors into an intersection they'd cut in and out. That's my go-to connection test near my office. Tried two pairs, same issue. I think you made the right choice. Galaxy Buds are way better. I would have kept the Galaxy Buds but I use an iPhone and couldn't use passthrough with them. I'll definitely be testing out the new Galaxy Buds +. Already pre-ordered them :)

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #19,853 of 62,586
Thanks for the advice. The Spinfit CP360 do fit in the SSK case but I'm suffering from serious "IEM thump" when walking with them. Has anyone managed to find foam tips such as the Ikko or Misodiko that fit in the SSK case?
I can answer my own question now and confirm that the misodiko TWS-Pro fit the SSK BT03 stems perfectly. I have the medium size and they also fit and charge well in the case. Compared to the stock silicon tips, the TWS-Pro seem to enhance the bass and isolate background noise better but with slightly rolled off trebles. They also have a slightly shiny outside layer and so are more like the classic Shure black olives than the Complys - hopefully that means they'll be more durable. Definitely a keeper and an overall upgrade on stock.

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #19,854 of 62,586
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #19,855 of 62,586
the Sony XM3 is worth the hype to me. They’re not for activity, or water, or outside where you could lose them or pretty much anything but sitting or walking, but the sound and ANC and connection is for me top notch.

I think this might be the reason why so far the Sony have eluded me ... usability, which is different for everyone. Ever since I got into the audio hobby my circumstances have changed and most of my music listening happens while running. But there are the odd moments at the computer or on a plane ... so, if I ever see a great deal on them ...

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #19,856 of 62,586
I was saving up to get the Sony Wf-1000xm3, but just had my bubble but realizing my G7 power doesn't do AAC, only SBC and APTx.

Is there any way to install AAC on an Android? The developer options truck didn't work, after changing it manually it always reverts back to SBC or APTx.

If I'm doomed, can anyone comment on how awful they sound in SBC only?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #19,858 of 62,586
Hi everyone!
I really wanna get my first pair of TWSs in the near future but I don't know what to choose between the Lypertek Tevi and the Shanling MTW100.
I like a flat and balanced sound signature with a crisp treble and well defined mids. I mostly listen to rock, blues, jazz, hip hop and house.

Which of these 2 pairs of wireless buds do y'all think are better suited for my preferences?

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #19,859 of 62,586
Hi everyone!
I really wanna get my first pair of TWSs in the near future but I don't know what to choose between the Lypertek Tevi and the Shanling MTW100.
I like a flat and balanced sound signature with a crisp treble and well defined mids. I mostly listen to rock, blues, jazz, hip hop and house.

Which of these 2 pairs of wireless buds do y'all think are better suited for my preferences?

If you're willing to pay a bit more, I'd say the Nuarl N6 Pros are the best out there for the type of sound signature that you're looking for :)

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #19,860 of 62,586
I was saving up to get the Sony Wf-1000mx3, but just had my bubble but realizing my G7 power doesn't do AAC, only SBC and APTx.

Is there any way to install AAC on an Android? The developer options truck didn't work, after changing it manually it always reverts back to SBC or APTx.

If I'm doomed, can anyone comment on how awful they sound in SBC only?
Unless Motorola includes it as part of their system/OS update and you're already on Android 8.0, I think you're probably out of luck in terms of AAC. I also saw a reddit post where a Motorola rep confirmed it only supports aptX and SBC.

I think they still sound good via SBC, and honestly, AAC on Android is not the greatest. The AAC engine Apple uses is noticeably superior, so I personally wouldn't have an issue using the XM3 on Android via SBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back