Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 25, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #16,066 of 62,341
Hi friends, would like to seek your advise. One of my family members wants a true wireless earbud for Christmas.
She prefers something shaped like airpods, listens to a variety of genres. Budget ~ $100 - 150 USD.
I only use the TRN BT20 but she doesn't like the form factor.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!
Soundcore Liberty Air 2

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #16,067 of 62,341
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #16,068 of 62,341
Hi friends, would like to seek your advise. One of my family members wants a true wireless earbud for Christmas.
She prefers something shaped like airpods, listens to a variety of genres. Budget ~ $100 - 150 USD.
I only use the TRN BT20 but she doesn't like the form factor.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!

I am starting to discover more about the TWS BT world. I stumbled across this which may help.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-865#post-15229127

It seems the only advantage of QCY QS2 over QS1 is the battery charge.

I cannot find an AE link for the SSK that seems to be another consensus choice.

I hope this helps.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #16,069 of 62,341
Does anyone else who have the Rimors notice a distortion in the upper mids or highs? I ran some frequency sweeps, it doesn't show up in them. It seems to happen when there is a higher male voice and some drums (snare or cymbals).

I've had mine for two days, so far they are a miss. The B530s are technically superior, I'm not sure how they missed with a bigger driver. The quality of the case and size is much better, but SQ is not. I'll give it a few more days before I post an Amazon review.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #16,070 of 62,341
After a few more days using the L2P I have grown to appreciate their design. They are smaller than the WF-1000XM3 so less conspicuous and they are easy to remove when I need to talk to someone. I miss the pass through mode but not nearly as much as I thought I would due to the ease of removing them. They certainly are stable for me as well.

The button control on the top is so much better than any other touch or button control on any TWS I have tried. I really appreciate being able to answer calls or pause music from either bud.

I did a call in the wind yesterday and my wife said she could here noise but I was always clear and the noise was very low. Making these pretty close to perfect for the environment I live in.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #16,071 of 62,341
Not exactly sure what the consensus is on the HiFiMan TWS600, but they're currently on sale for $99 for those interested: https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-Wate...KX0DER&qid=1574655429&s=merchant-items&sr=1-3

On a separate note, I got some Galaxy buds yesterday. After the firmware upgrade and a number or tips, they sounded ok to me. I never got a great seal like I do with the SSK (Tried the Auvio large, stock tips, and SpinFit 360 medium tips). Nothing was overly impressive. I liked the SQ of the SSK better.

One thing I was really interested in was the Ambient Sound mode. Not sure if it was not working properly, not having a great seal, or user error (last one is probably the most likely), but I was barely getting any ambient noise coming through. Maybe it's also that I had the volume cranked up for music. I was expecting the ambient noise to somewhat override the music in a sense, but that's not the case. Even when I wasn't listening to music, I tested it out with the TV. Earbuds in, ambient off, then turn it on and there was an ever so slight change in what I was hearing, but there wasn't a drastic difference. Is this how they typically are (ambient mode that is)?

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #16,072 of 62,341
After spending the weekend with the l2p I’m sending it back, on the whole it’s a great earphone with some small caveats, the fit was great and they felt nearly weightless, the connection strength was great as well as battery life. On to the not so great is the sound, with almost every eq setting the lower minds have such a recessed/sucked in feeling it’s uncomfortable to listen do, piano was the only acceptable one which did sound very good overall but just a hair too bright for me to listen to for 8 hours a day at work. The kicker that’s making me send them back isn’t the hiss(which seems like something most companies solved from early BA development) which I could live with, it was this awful static sound that just kept happening every 30 seconds to an hour or so at complete random it seemed, ive had it happen every 20-30 seconds back to back and then not hear it for an hour. If they can fix these electronics issues and add a fully customizable eq I would buy the next iteration in a heart beat.

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #16,073 of 62,341
Man that sucks that you have that static issue with your L2P. I am glad my pair doesn't have that issue.

I would love a customizable EQ, hopefully it is something that can be done on the APP side. My fear is that the custom EQs are all built in to the headphone and the app just sets the one you want in which case a whole new firmware would be required at the least along with an App upgrade. Fortunately for me the Piano and acoustic EQ work. I found the acoustic to be not as sharp sounding as the Piano, how did that one work for you?

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #16,074 of 62,341
I found the acoustic far worse than piano and the bottom right uh vocal I believe, I’ve always been super sensitive to lower treble always sounding too loud and makes me squint while listening to certain headphones, I’ve always love Sennheiser because I’ve never had a headphone by them with that quality. And as far as the static pop sound, I bought mine directly through the Anker seller through amazon so it’s either all models doing it and some don’t notice or it’s some kind of lottery as I would of expected direct from the manufacturer would only be he updated non glitchy sounding ones as they stated it was a fixed problem, so I dunno what’s going on over there. If only the Sennheiser true wireless has better battery life I bet I’d be more to my liking.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #16,075 of 62,341
After spending the weekend with the l2p I’m sending it back, on the whole it’s a great earphone with some small caveats, the fit was great and they felt nearly weightless, the connection strength was great as well as battery life. On to the not so great is the sound, with almost every eq setting the lower minds have such a recessed/sucked in feeling it’s uncomfortable to listen do, piano was the only acceptable one which did sound very good overall but just a hair too bright for me to listen to for 8 hours a day at work. The kicker that’s making me send them back isn’t the hiss(which seems like something most companies solved from early BA development) which I could live with, it was this awful static sound that just kept happening every 30 seconds to an hour or so at complete random it seemed, ive had it happen every 20-30 seconds back to back and then not hear it for an hour. If they can fix these electronics issues and add a fully customizable eq I would buy the next iteration in a heart beat.

I think the static could be a fluke on yours or maybe something to do with the device you are using?? It seems I had that happen maybe one time in hours and hours of listening and reconnecting stopped it and I haven't heard it again. I do agree they could clip highs somewhat. I am not sure why a lot of good audio gear tends to make the "sss" sounds too harsh, but it seems very common. Sorta think it's an issue with microphones and production folks not correcting for it well more than the audio gear. Or maybe some deliberate mess in how things are done on each end with mass market audio gear tuning it out so production folks don't worry about it and basically cause consternation for the hifi enthusiast that likes one to one input to output.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #16,076 of 62,341
Well I spent a bit of time with my lg v35 which was nice being able to switch from aac to aptx on the fly, aptx sounding significantly clearer with tighter and stronger bass, and also spent a bunch of time with my iPhone 8 and they did them consistently and often on both, it was subtle but once I realized it became more obvious to me I guess.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #16,077 of 62,341
Interesting. I have noticed some static in the right earpiece that comes on from time to time. I was chalking it up to BT interference but maybe there is more to this.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #16,078 of 62,341

Try the fiil t1x only $50 on amazon so easy return if you don't like the sound or fit tho I strongly believe you won't. Other thing that I haven't talked about the t1x is the bluetooth connection. It will connect automatically to your device once paired just like an airpods or Galaxy buds.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #16,079 of 62,341
Ya it really seems looking at all the reviews and ideas popping up in the Bluetooth earbud world that it’s a bit of a race to get a name in the market for people to talk about and almost every product seems almost rushed in some way, and why are some companies able to give massive battery and range advantage like mavins and l2p when most others fall so short, when a company as big as Sennheiser can only come up with earbuds for 300 dollars and that have awful battery life connection issues and charging case problems it’s a bit of a bummer, here’s hoping the next year or two everything just gets a bit more refined in every category.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #16,080 of 62,341
Does anyone else who have the Rimors notice a distortion in the upper mids or highs? I ran some frequency sweeps, it doesn't show up in them. It seems to happen when there is a higher male voice and some drums (snare or cymbals).

I've had mine for two days, so far they are a miss. The B530s are technically superior, I'm not sure how they missed with a bigger driver. The quality of the case and size is much better, but SQ is not. I'll give it a few more days before I post an Amazon review.
I'm not sure if I've noticed distortion per say, but the high mids don't sound good to me they are borderline shrill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back