Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 25, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #16,081 of 62,671
Try the fiil t1x only $50 on amazon so easy return if you don't like the sound or fit tho I strongly believe you won't. Other thing that I haven't talked about the t1x is the bluetooth connection. It will connect automatically to your device once paired just like an airpods or Galaxy buds.
They also connect when you don't want them too in the case. It's pretty annoying. I have to disconnect them manually from my device or just turn them off and leave them out of the case if they are fully charged.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #16,082 of 62,671
I have noticed a bit of static issues on my right earbud as well in regards to L2P. I will monitor it more closely.

@deadguy99, I own the MTW and I do think you would like it more in regards to the areas of sound you mentioned, plus it has a customizable EQ. I hear Sennheiser is working on a version 2 model, hopefully they add battery life and resolve their case battery drain issues. Either that or you can find a good deal on the current model.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #16,083 of 62,671
They also connect when you don't want them too in the case. It's pretty annoying. I have to disconnect them manually from my device or just turn them off and leave them out of the case if they are fully charged.

That doesn't happen to me tho. When I put them in the case, they disconnect right away and when I opened the case, they connected right away too. 20191125_084915.gif

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #16,084 of 62,671
Ya I’d happily buy an updated senn, also curiosity is killing me so I just purchased the mavin air xr and will get them Friday, I’ll update on any important differences from the air x after I get them, I still suggest anyone to try the mavin air x tho with comply tips as I found the hard to use actively with their silicone tips for the suction cup effect the sealed cavities create and how finicky the fit depth changes the overall sq of them. I still think they sound even better than the l2p in aptx codec

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #16,085 of 62,671
What's the difference between MPOW M5 and T5? I also see a version with yellow on the shell on their site touted as a new version.

I'm not sure if I should get M5/T5 or M8, the latter having USB Type C and being advertised as having deep bass. Unfortunately, the M8's price has gone up to 60$ CAD on Amazon.ca. Must have noticed the price disparity elsewhere...
From what I found out over youtube and web pages... T5 came out first - had rave reviews but had some connection problems. Product was discontinued / pulled.
M5 apparently is the new version that had the connection problems resolved...

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #16,086 of 62,671
I'm new to your "wireless IEM" world. After reading the last few pages of this thousand-page thread, it seems that the Liberty 2 Pro is kind of the hot thing, kind of a bluetooth Blon BL-O3. I've got one 2-pin TRN BL20S, and am generally pleased with it, but my problem is that the snap-back wire pulls the IEMs out of my ears so I can't get a seal. As a result, good-fitting IEMs with a cable (ZS10 Pro, Blons) don't fit without one, and large clunky monsters (ZS10 original) do. (is there a way to re-shape the BT20S wire that's reversible?)

Looking one step beyond (cue Madness), is there a consensus Bluetooth IEM under $30? Under $100? Under $150? I mostly listen to rock and like a somewhat v-shape. I enjoy the V90 and C12, and of course, BL03. Thanks!

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #16,087 of 62,671
Anyone has the Tranya Rimors? Seems they sound close to Tevis.
I have them, they are a far cry from the Tevis, but they do have more and better bass. The Rimor's are very mid rangy especially at the higher end. I am not a fan. however @voicemaster and his incessant barbing about the Fiil TX1 got me to pick them up:laughing: and i've got to say, if they Tevi has a sub $100 competitor for clarity, it's the T1x.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #16,088 of 62,671
I have them, they are a far cry from the Tevis, but they do have more and better bass. The Rimor's are very mid rangy especially at the higher end. I am not a fan. however @voicemaster and his incessant barbing about the Fiil TX1 got me to pick them up:laughing: and i've got to say, if they Tevi has a sub $100 competitor for clarity, it's the T1x.

Thanks man. Brian in that video said it was close to Tevi's sound and I thought it would be an alternative given that I will be using it for the gym only. I have the Mpow T5s and Tronsmart Spunkies. Would the Fiil t1x be an upgrade sonic wise? The one thing infuriate me about Mpow is the push buttons. What a bummer. The cheaper Spunkies have touch control and it makes life much much convenient.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #16,089 of 62,671
I'm new to your "wireless IEM" world. After reading the last few pages of this thousand-page thread, it seems that the Liberty 2 Pro is kind of the hot thing, kind of a bluetooth Blon BL-O3. I've got one 2-pin TRN BL20S, and am generally pleased with it, but my problem is that the snap-back wire pulls the IEMs out of my ears so I can't get a seal. As a result, good-fitting IEMs with a cable (ZS10 Pro, Blons) don't fit without one, and large clunky monsters (ZS10 original) do. (is there a way to re-shape the BT20S wire that's reversible?)

Looking one step beyond (cue Madness), is there a consensus Bluetooth IEM under $30? Under $100? Under $150? I mostly listen to rock and like a somewhat v-shape. I enjoy the V90 and C12, and of course, BL03. Thanks!

The closest tws I have that similar to blon bl03 and bt20s combo is fiil t1x. I think the t1x sounds clearer in vocal and has better separation than the blon. I do have 90% of the iems your listed lol (2 zs10pro, 3 blon bl03 and c12)

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #16,090 of 62,671
Man that sucks that you have that static issue with your L2P. I am glad my pair doesn't have that issue.

I would love a customizable EQ, hopefully it is something that can be done on the APP side. My fear is that the custom EQs are all built in to the headphone and the app just sets the one you want in which case a whole new firmware would be required at the least along with an App upgrade. Fortunately for me the Piano and acoustic EQ work. I found the acoustic to be not as sharp sounding as the Piano, how did that one work for you?

A customizable EQ would be really great! Its a very personal thing and it really depends on the type of music you are listening to, the piano and acoustic EQs don't work for me at all ..

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #16,091 of 62,671
Thanks man. Brian in that video said it was close to Tevi's sound and I thought it would be an alternative given that I will be using it for the gym only. I have the Mpow T5s and Tronsmart Spunkies. Would the Fiil t1x be an upgrade sonic wise? The one thing infuriate me about Mpow is the push buttons. What a bummer. The cheaper Spunkies have touch control and it makes life much much convenient.
Both of the Tranyas I have utilize touch controls, and I have to say they're more than a bit touchy (pun not intended). I can't even move them in my ear without setting it off. It's probably due to the wide area that is the trigger point.

If you like the T5 (which I have and like), then I would suggest that the Tranya B530 is a definite sound upgrade, plus they are more rock-solid in the ear. I would not recommend the Rimors at this moment...I'm only a few days in, and I'm sad to say that I'm not at all impressed.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #16,092 of 62,671
From what I found out over youtube and web pages... T5 came out first - had rave reviews but had some connection problems. Product was discontinued / pulled.
M5 apparently is the new version that had the connection problems resolved...
I can vouch for this, i'm on my 2nd and soon to be 3rd pair from MPOW. hopefully this time the send me the M5.

The closest tws I have that similar to blon bl03 and bt20s combo is fiil t1x. I think the t1x sounds clearer in vocal and has better separation than the blon. I do have 90% of the iems your listed lol (2 zs10pro, 3 blon bl03 and c12)

Personally I think the L2pro and the blon are hard to compare they are just different. the blon is much warmer, less sub bass and has WAY thicker mids than the l2pro. It's a snare drum lovers dream. The L2pro has much crisper and sparkly highs, and the Blons are rolled off, that's the only downside me. however, i'm comparing the wired blon directly connected to my XS Max, to the L2pro BT. What differences have you noticed with the blon wired vs. using the BT20s?

Also, been comparing the T1x to the Tranya B530, T3, Lystar J29, Liberty 2 pro. Hands down the L2pro is better IMO. they lystar's are amazing way more bass, but not that definition the T1x has in the highs, it rolls off before the T1x, they are still awesome, and i'd recommend giving them a try. The T1x has better mids and high mids than the B530 and I'd say it's as far as definition it's better than the T3 which I think gets over looked here. the T3 is excellent in all aspects except the bass at times is so loud that you can't hear how excellent the top end really is although it's also a bit thin and recessed in the mids. I'm still really impressed with the t1x, I have noticed some sss's and a bit of siblance when using normal tips but the JVC spiral dots do an excellent job of eliminating it and man, do they sound good together. My only complaint is they are really bright like the bowmaker, but the bowmaker had less bass and sounded thinner I can't get too loud with the FIIL other it starts to hurt my ears maybe 60-70%.

Great find. I wish I still had the Tevi to compare, because I think these sound better. They have excellent definition and if the Tevi's have neutral bass these are maybe +1 compared to the T3 which is like +8

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #16,094 of 62,671
My L2P arrived and is sitting in my mailbox. Quick delivery time indeed

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #16,095 of 62,671
A customizable EQ would be really great! Its a very personal thing and it really depends on the type of music you are listening to, the piano and acoustic EQs don't work for me at all ..
I’ve mentioned this before, I purchased the KaiserTone Audio app via the iTunes store (have an IP 8+) and it’s got a great customizable EQ. 10 or 20-band, your choice. I don’t even turn on the L2P app, sweet tuning it to my preferences. Then save the setting. You can even create 3-4 settings for the L2P. Only caveat$ It costs $10. Worth every dime to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back