Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #16,111 of 62,776
How long did it take? Did it have tracking? Mine just shipped.

3 or 4 from order to delivery. Tracking number on the package but they didn't post that on the delivery screen on their website

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #16,113 of 62,776
Nice! That's a great deal! I like the bass-focused sound on those, which work quite well for the gym and obviously travel. Did you try the MW07 original version? Battery life is not great, but if you have a rotation, it probably doesn't matter. They are on sale for $149 now at Best Buy. :D

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #16,114 of 62,776
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #16,115 of 62,776
Nov 25, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #16,116 of 62,776
I will if I don’t like the l2p just to see if anything important was truly improved on, my iem of choice for years has been the gr07bass edition so anything similar to that sound sig is what I’m lookin for. The mavin airx doesn’t sound anything like them, but I only use them at work in a loud factory so the fact that they have a warm and slightly forward midrange and decent bass and treble with nothing really standing out as bad about them, which isn’t something I can say about a lot of more expensive headphones, so ya they may sound kinda cheap(I don’t know I’ve never bought a cheap iem in my life) but for a Bluetooth earbud I think they hit most of the important features for me
I hear ya, honestly i'm pretty forgiving when it comes to BT in a lot of ways, but this pair of XR's were really just that bad.

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #16,117 of 62,776
Hate to break the mold here but I’m not super impressed with the L2Ps I got from Amazon yesterday. Thought they fixed the hiss by now but it’s definitely there and noticeable. In terms of sound, I wasn’t expecting these to be this bright. Not sure how a lot of you are jamming on the Piano eq... it’s really shrill and peaky to my ears. The best for me so far is the custom eq and the Soundcore signature. I can say the bass is really good, lots of texture for a TW. But on the whole I much prefer the Sony XM3 sound wise when I had them. Ashamed to say it but may even prefer the sound sig of the AirPod pros to these as well. Back to drawing board for me

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #16,119 of 62,776
Looks like you do have a list of very interesting TWS's that everyone is trying to compare. Do you have a youtube channel or a webpage for me to subscribe to?
Plus your description of sound is "musician centric"...
Thanks, man. I appreciate that. There are guys on here much better with their impression than me, but I try. :wink: unfortunately I don't have a youtube or site. Just head-fi.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #16,120 of 62,776
After spending the weekend with the l2p I’m sending it back, on the whole it’s a great earphone with some small caveats, the fit was great and they felt nearly weightless, the connection strength was great as well as battery life. On to the not so great is the sound, with almost every eq setting the lower minds have such a recessed/sucked in feeling it’s uncomfortable to listen do, piano was the only acceptable one which did sound very good overall but just a hair too bright for me to listen to for 8 hours a day at work. The kicker that’s making me send them back isn’t the hiss(which seems like something most companies solved from early BA development) which I could live with, it was this awful static sound that just kept happening every 30 seconds to an hour or so at complete random it seemed, ive had it happen every 20-30 seconds back to back and then not hear it for an hour. If they can fix these electronics issues and add a fully customizable eq I would buy the next iteration in a heart beat.
I found with mine for the first couple days once i found an EQ setting i liked, i still had to much bass. But after leaving it on that setting, and putting them in the case twice, they've not been that bloaty at all. i'd say you got a dud in regards to the static, not seen it mentioned anywhere FWIW. having just said that, i can replicate i think at least part of your issue. if i turn them up to 65-70% i can hear a slight pop on the right bud. It seems secondary to the music. E.G. not hearing distortion, and not hearing it in rhythm with the music in any regard, but yeah. noticed it twice in a few mins. i've had mine quite low because they've been loud out of the box. And when i have them higher i do notice a mor than usual hiss. I say mor than usual, because i think all TWS have a slight hiss imo. never had a pair where it's been a deal breaker, my brain has always processed it like a non distracting background sound. i have had headphones where it's been problematic however. Final D8000, Focal Elear some iems from sony etc. Looks like i'll be contacting anker for a revision pair.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #16,121 of 62,776
The Fiil TX1s are $50 at Amazon. Is this the usual price or is this a good deal? I tried looking up 3xcamel and wasn't seeing the history.
I just caved and bought them under the assumption I'd send them back if i didn't like them. So far I like them, but I don't know if I can justify keeping them after buying the sony's and another pair of L2pro's. if you like the Tevi, you'll like these. they have really excellent highs, the mids are good not great, bass is tight and punchy, not super prominent, but probably plenty for those who don't like a bass heavy sound signature. I just a/b tested them vs. the ssk bt-03. the SSK stomps them. :beyersmile: I forgot how much I love these. much wider soundstage, thicker mids, better bass, not quite as bright highs, still very detailed.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #16,122 of 62,776
Hate to break the mold here but I’m not super impressed with the L2Ps I got from Amazon yesterday. Thought they fixed the hiss by now but it’s definitely there and noticeable. In terms of sound, I wasn’t expecting these to be this bright. Not sure how a lot of you are jamming on the Piano eq... it’s really shrill and peaky to my ears. The best for me so far is the custom eq and the Soundcore signature. I can say the bass is really good, lots of texture for a TW. But on the whole I much prefer the Sony XM3 sound wise when I had them. Ashamed to say it but may even prefer the sound sig of the AirPod pros to these as well. Back to drawing board for me
Are you on firmware 1.15?

Stay tuned. I've had two versions of the L2pro's so far, 1st pair I have are super bass heavy. My revision 2's have better highs and mids more clarity less thing, reduced bass and I can actually used Flat and Sig. Sound. before it was way to bass heavy for me. Also, i use the JVC spiral dots, they really help with mids and highs that sound sibilant. Neither pair I've had hissed, 1st pair popped when i'd play/pause. revision three will be here in a couple weeks. If you e-mail anker they will send you a rev. 3. you may even get to keep your current set.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #16,123 of 62,776
Nice! That's a great deal! I like the bass-focused sound on those, which work quite well for the gym and obviously travel. Did you try the MW07 original version? Battery life is not great, but if you have a rotation, it probably doesn't matter. They are on sale for $149 now at Best Buy. :D
What are you trying to do to me, man? :astonished: Wow, that's a great price. I hear a lot of people talk crap on them for their poor battery and compatibility. I'm assuming these don't do AAC either? how are they with an iphone? I guess i can send my 2nd pair of L2pro's back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You remember when we were growing up, they used to called drug dealers "pushers"? that's you. A filthy gear pusher. :smiling_imp:

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #16,124 of 62,776
Little update on my impressions of the FiiL T1x. I don't know why I left out the SSK/Anbes 359 in my comparison. I listened to a couple tracks with the T1X and then the SSK's. I felt like Moses coming out of the desert of thin mids and rolled off bass. If you own the SSK, it's just absolutely Stomps the T1X. It sound is so full. I use the JVC spiral dots with them and it really brings out the highs and high mids. The soundstage is def. much wider and the bass is perfect. But again. If you like the colder sound of the Tevi, Bowmaker etc. You will really like the T1X. In my opinion it's a better version of both. it's high detail are really impressive and it has better bass then both. It's been a month or so since i've heard either, so I'm just pulling a Gamesky here. :yum: and talking about gear I no longer have. LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back