Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 26, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #62,777 of 63,213
Got the Cambrige Audio M100, used it for 10 min in house, 5 min going on a walk,
Sound quality is good. allows putting APTX Adaptive at 96/24

Noise canceling and isolation are poor, tried with both foam and rubber tips
the app is nice,

APTX connection is just broken, with my phone at home it would work ok, but as soon as i got out and walking in the park, i could feel suddenly where was a serious decrease in audio quality at some times, it would be as if the soundstage collapsed or went mono (i would still hear both sides but the music lost like 50% of its detail).

Its the same as the melomania Touch, good sound quality let down by horrible software/firmware. its going back to amazon.

Score: DNF

May 26, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #62,778 of 63,213
under 100 the KZ AZ20, i bought a pair and wasnt too impressed, if you want them, they dont have much use. plus its QDC connector so you might have to use an adaptor or trim them out nail clippers. As long as they didnt pull the same thing they did with the AZ09 pro (first run had APTX adaptive, and then the following production runs had a cheaper chipset and only standard APTX)

I’m confused on that. Is the C Pin AZ09 Pros the set that allows you to connect 2 pin 0.78 IEMs?

Went through a little back and forth recently with the AZ09/Pro. Got the AZ09 as a gift from Amazon, tried them, thought they were fine, but was curious about potential improvements of the Pro for only a couple dollars more. I only have an iPhone, but have a Hiby R4 ordered, but the AptX is currently lost on me until that arrives.

Jury is still out. I do think they sound fine when they work. I'm using them for walking around the house with one in/walking around the neighborhood with both. Had a lot of cutting out while walking around the neighborhood today. I also don't like the floppiness of the Pros, when using one while laying down it dangles in an annoying way. I ordered the TRN BT20 Pro and the normal AZ09 again on AliExpress for relatively cheap, and might just go back and forth with them based on which IEM I'm using. FWIW, the KZ EDX Pro X sounded pretty good with the AZ09 Pro, at least for walks where I might get sweaty and won't be too concerned if they break.

How do you feel now after owning the AZ09 Pros for awhile now? This might be my next purchase so I can still use my IEMs I’m familiar with, but wireless.

May 26, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #62,779 of 63,213
I’m confused on that. Is the C Pin AZ09 Pros the set that allows you to connect 2 pin 0.78 IEMs?

How do you feel now after owning the AZ09 Pros for awhile now? This might be my next purchase so I can still use my IEMs I’m familiar with, but wireless.

The idea is that C PIN is basically a flat 0.78, if you cut off the shroud it should work, the only problem is that receased 0.78mm wont work, only flat surface 0.78mm

In the end i decided not to do it and combined my AZ20 with Simgot EM6L which are also C pin.

May 26, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #62,780 of 63,213
So, https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/universal-fit-wireless/products/m5-tws-anc , ADV Sound is finally coming with a TWS that now has nearly everything. A better charging case, Qi charging, ANC, ambient, multipoint and the proper control scheme with ANC/Ambient on both sides and it comes with their pricey eartips. $299. Anybody interested?? No mention of codecs though and no app it seems. Also only the up to battery life of 8 hours with no number for ANC on.
Long time in the making… got in on the Kickstarter, which like many such programs, is quite delayed. But glad to see that they’re close enough to start listing them 😀

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #62,781 of 63,213
Yeah i had the exact same problem with my set, where aptX adaptive just collapse the sound when outdoors.
I was in contact with Cambridge for a good 3 weeks trying to figure out what the problem was. Was not able to find a solution, so i finally sent them back.

May i ask what phone you have?
I have the latest OnePlus 12 and have similar problems with several other tws with aptX adaptive. So i'm beginning to think it's my phone that is the problem
Got the Cambrige Audio M100, used it for 10 min in house, 5 min going on a walk,
Sound quality is good. allows putting APTX Adaptive at 96/24

Noise canceling and isolation are poor, tried with both foam and rubber tips
the app is nice,

APTX connection is just broken, with my phone at home it would work ok, but as soon as i got out and walking in the park, i could feel suddenly where was a serious decrease in audio quality at some times, it would be as if the soundstage collapsed or went mono (i would still hear both sides but the music lost like 50% of its detail).

Its the same as the melomania Touch, good sound quality let down by horrible software/firmware. its going back to amazon.

Score: DNF

May 26, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #62,782 of 63,213
The idea is that C PIN is basically a flat 0.78, if you cut off the shroud it should work, the only problem is that receased 0.78mm wont work, only flat surface 0.78mm

In the end i decided not to do it and combined my AZ20 with Simgot EM6L which are also C pin.

Ah now I get it, so it looks like I should go with B pin, if I can find it. Both of my IEM sets are flat surface. It looks like the search continues.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #62,783 of 63,213

I returned them. The plastic is way too floppy for my liking, wouldn’t stay behind my ear. That’s definitely a personal fit thing, so YMMV. I did just get in the AZ09 and TRN BT20 Pro, and easily prefer both of those. The AZ09 fits my ear the best, and I like the less flexible plastic while walking around.

The TRN are good, sound the same, and might be slightly more stable. The modularity is great for using a variety of IEMs. The fit is fine, not as comfortable as the AZ09 to me (I have big ears, they AZ09 stem is longer). For some reason though, it sounds like absolute trash with my HiBy R4, but works perfectly fine on my iPhone. The AZ09 sounds fine on the HiBy. Only difference I can think of off the top of my head is that the AZ09 is BT 5.2 and the TRN is BT 5.3.

May 26, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #62,784 of 63,213
I've posted about the Sound Me app not working on the HiBy M300/OS Android-13 DAP and contacting AVIOT customer service about it. That HiBy diagnosed the problem, came up with the fix, and I sent all that info to AVIOT. After 2 weeks of asking AVIOT C.S. to be really sure of their answer before I showed it to world, I will now.

globalsupport@aviot.jp
Re: Sound Me

"Dear S,

Thank you for the follow-up email.
This is Hannah from Aviot Global Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones.
DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,
Aviot Global Support Team
Hannah"

"We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones. DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME."
What is surprising is that they make a written statement saying this. To me this goes to credibility. I may be off base but doesn't this imply that AVIOT does not care about the audiophile community? I won't post all the emails but I said that among other things to get them to take a 2nd look. This email is in response to the 2nd look.

BTW, HIBy reiterated their findings. And if you're wondering about C.S. HiBy get's an A+. The rep who monitors H.F.'s relevant threads is very helpful and informative. He customized a PEQ profile for me without asking.

I LOVE my ZX1. So much so, I ordered a 2nd pair the PNK version. I want to see LDAC or aptX adaptive showing in Sound Me on my DAP. Is AVIOT's faux pas enough to make me cancel.....no, at lest not yet.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #62,785 of 63,213
I returned them. The plastic is way too floppy for my liking, wouldn’t stay behind my ear. That’s definitely a personal fit thing, so YMMV. I did just get in the AZ09 and TRN BT20 Pro, and easily prefer both of those. The AZ09 fits my ear the best, and I like the less flexible plastic while walking around.

The TRN are good, sound the same, and might be slightly more stable. The modularity is great for using a variety of IEMs. The fit is fine, not as comfortable as the AZ09 to me (I have big ears, they AZ09 stem is longer). For some reason though, it sounds like absolute trash with my HiBy R4, but works perfectly fine on my iPhone. The AZ09 sounds fine on the HiBy. Only difference I can think of off the top of my head is that the AZ09 is BT 5.2 and the TRN is BT 5.3.

I was looking into the AZ09 / Pro but I can't find the B Pin version anywhere. I think I'll look into the TRN BT20 Pro or even the BT30. I keep going back to look at TWS, but I want to use my IEMs I have now.

May 26, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #62,786 of 63,213
I was looking into the AZ09 / Pro but I can't find the B Pin version anywhere. I think I'll look into the TRN BT20 Pro or even the BT30. I keep going back to look at TWS, but I want to use my IEMs I have now.
I don’t think the B-pin AZ09 Pro exists. It lists as always sold out on AliExpress. Sorry, I didn’t mention that, my AZ09 is B-pin. I think Amazon has them, but I got mine off AliExpress. Interestingly, the pins are longer on the TRN, and I notice it holds in place better on the TRN.

May 26, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #62,788 of 63,213
I don’t think the B-pin AZ09 Pro exists. It lists as always sold out on AliExpress. Sorry, I didn’t mention that, my AZ09 is B-pin. I think Amazon has them, but I got mine off AliExpress. Interestingly, the pins are longer on the TRN, and I notice it holds in place better on the TRN.

Yup I just noticed the B pin on Amazon. The only reason I looked at the 09 Pro was because it supported AptX. I think TRN might work better for me. Did you have issues with fitting your TRN with IEMs in the charging case?

May 26, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #62,789 of 63,213
I didn’t even realize they sold a case with clip for it. Makes total sense though. Do you use a certain cable for your IEMs that are sweat proof?
My worry about gym headphones (mostly because I sweat a lot during multi hour workouts) is the detrimental affects of sweat on IEMs… I literally had sweat over the years (I admit it was years) eat through a pair of Shure 215 earphones. Not sure how more modern shells will fare, but now I only use beater earphones (another pair of 215s and BLON Cardinal).

May 26, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #62,790 of 63,213
I've posted about the Sound Me app not working on the HiBy M300/OS Android-13 DAP and contacting AVIOT customer service about it. That HiBy diagnosed the problem, came up with the fix, and I sent all that info to AVIOT. After 2 weeks of asking AVIOT C.S. to be really sure of their answer before I showed it to world, I will now.

globalsupport@aviot.jp
Re: Sound Me

"Dear S,

Thank you for the follow-up email.
This is Hannah from Aviot Global Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones.
DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,
Aviot Global Support Team
Hannah"

"We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones. DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME."
What is surprising is that they make a written statement saying this. To me this goes to credibility. I may be off base but doesn't this imply that AVIOT does not care about the audiophile community? I won't post all the emails but I said that among other things to get them to take a 2nd look. This email is in response to the 2nd look.

BTW, HIBy reiterated their findings. And if you're wondering about C.S. HiBy get's an A+. The rep who monitors H.F.'s relevant threads is very helpful and informative. He customized a peg profile for me without asking.

I LOVE my ZX1. So much so, I ordered a 2nd pair the PNK version. I want to see LDAC or aptX adaptive showing in Sound Me on my DAP. Is AVIOT's faux pas enough to make me cancel.....no, at lest not yet.
If it's just about switching the transmission codec, you can do that on the player end by enabling developer settings and changing it in there. 👍🏻

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back