Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 24, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #62,762 of 63,208
May 25, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #62,765 of 63,208
Honestly, I'm starting to jettison some of my TWS and sticking with the tried and true EX, APP2 and Freeclip buds. Love to try the Avoits but not until they're avail here in the states. Not into spending a ton to import them.

Been using my iFi Go Pods non-stop. My combos are addicting. Paired with my Sony DAP, it's heaven. Lately, when I put a new pair of TWS in a shopping cart, take a step back and say, why? Boredom? Hope? Then I delete the cart. Sure, I'll be back, but right now I'd rather crank a hi res copy of the new Judas Priest using my Fatfreq Scarlet/Go Pod/DAP combo and see how long it takes to explode. I truly wish someone else would release a nice pair of TWS adapters. Smaller case, transparency and the power of the Go Pods. Fingers crossed.
I have only three, Svanar, EX, and 4 NC, and I am good with that. The 4 NC was the deal of the century for 75.00.

I don't use my Go Blu a lot; if I need a bit more power on the go or traveling, I do. It has a ton of power and isn't behind my ear, which I feel would annoy the heck out of me. That is why I opted for something that I have quite a few options to hide, it is a non-issue. The mic is good, and it allows me to use wired IEMs. I have some mid-tier IEMs, but mostly Top Tier and I won't use those to exercise. The Go Blu also allows me to use Custom IEMs at the gym, when I feel so inclined. Honestly, the music provides the drive in the gym and I am not critically listening so, I 99% of the time use TWS.

May 25, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #62,768 of 63,208
I have only three, Svanar, EX, and 4 NC, and I am good with that. The 4 NC was the deal of the century for 75.00.

I don't use my Go Blu a lot; if I need a bit more power on the go or traveling, I do. It has a ton of power and isn't behind my ear, which I feel would annoy the heck out of me. That is why I opted for something that I have quite a few options to hide, it is a non-issue. The mic is good, and it allows me to use wired IEMs. I have some mid-tier IEMs, but mostly Top Tier and I won't use those to exercise. The Go Blu also allows me to use Custom IEMs at the gym, when I feel so inclined. Honestly, the music provides the drive in the gym and I am not critically listening so, I 99% of the time use TWS.
As a recent buyer of a go blu I’m hugely impressed with it. Using it with sennheiser ie600 it sounds superb. I have the B&O EX which fit well (always an issue for me) and sound amazing but at present are giving me about an hour before pipping and telling me they’re out of charge. Not even that old. Frustrating.

May 25, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #62,769 of 63,208
That is why I opted for something that I have quite a few options to hide, it is a non-issue. The mic is good, and it allows me to use wired IEMs. I have some mid-tier IEMs, but mostly Top Tier and I won't use those to exercise. The Go Blu also allows me to use Custom IEMs at the gym, when I feel so inclined. Honestly, the music provides the drive in the gym and I am not critically listening so, I 99% of the time use TWS.

I’ve always thought about trying the Go Blu. What are some ways you hide or tuck the cable? I’m paranoid having any wires dangling from my body in the gym especially if I’m strength training.

May 25, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #62,770 of 63,208
As a recent buyer of a go blu I’m hugely impressed with it. Using it with sennheiser ie600 it sounds superb. I have the B&O EX which fit well (always an issue for me) and sound amazing but at present are giving me about an hour before pipping and telling me they’re out of charge. Not even that old. Frustrating.
Use B&O warranty....they are really good.

May 25, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #62,771 of 63,208
I’ve always thought about trying the Go Blu. What are some ways you hide or tuck the cable? I’m paranoid having any wires dangling from my body in the gym especially if I’m strength training.
Behind my head, in the back of my shirt at the gym. The other thing you can do is buy that case that has a clip on it.

May 25, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #62,773 of 63,208
Aviot secured at $265. Hopefully they aren’t beat to crap.
You did good.
Very good! I am looking forward to you putting the ZX1 through its paces and posting your review. How you and PixelSquish find the ZX1 means a lot, not just to me but to the rest who follow this thread. Giddy-yap ....going to be a interesting ride!

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #62,774 of 63,208
I've been good at not neurotically checking my aviot status, but I do check a few times a week. Still says expected late May, but there are no items at the warehouse ready to be fulfilled. Probably will be June at this point. Nothing surprising though.

May 25, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #62,775 of 63,208
I didn’t even realize they sold a case with clip for it. Makes total sense though. Do you use a certain cable for your IEMs that are sweat proof?
No special cable...is there a specific IEM you want to use in the gym? If you want to PM so the thread isn't bogged with specifics please feel free?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back