Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 24, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #62,747 of 63,207
I tried installing the sound me app on my iPad to see if it is Android that is the problem. But no,no FW button on iOS. So it seems only the pnk version got the FW button
I have the PNK version, on android. No new FW for about a month AFAIK.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #62,748 of 63,207
Has anyone tried the aviot pnk model (not the zx1) that's avail on US amazon? Dynamic + planar implementation.

** edit **
nm, after comparing the pictures from amazon with the aviot site, it's clear the model is the te-z1. Still, I'm not finding any impressions or reviews on this model.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #62,749 of 63,207
May 24, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #62,750 of 63,207
The Aviot TE-W1 and W1 PNK are getting good reviews for the sound....
1716563730773.png

Some complaints most about getting them out of the case is difficult and more app connection issues as we seem to have seen already but if they sound better that the Technics at $113(price on Amazon Japan currently) and $133 for the regular model on ebay that seems like they might be a good deal.

May 24, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #62,751 of 63,207
for those of us feeling semi-disgusted at our habit, there's aliexpress! great prices on some of the tws they have there. I recently lost my jabra 10's on the train and soon after misplaced my huawei freebuds 5. grrrr... i've not lost a tws since before the pandemic and now lost 2 favorite sets recently. =(

I'm looking forward to checking out the realme air 5's. I'm sure the huawei 4e will be good for calls and already know the freebuds 5 are best in class for semi-open tws. Aliexpress has the freebuds 5 for a fantastic price. The hard thing to deal with is the wait... oh well.

SCR-20240524-idry-2.png

May 24, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #62,752 of 63,207
I think a lot of us have reached the point where we’re getting much more discrete about buying TWS. Probably most of the regulars here have multiple great to excellent sounding units now. It’s gonna take a real wiz banger for that $300 to $500 outlay. I’m not seeing anything that is a must have right now…. 🤷
Not trying to bum anyone out here, just I remember how HiFiman was (top dog) with the R2R DAC, special Dedicated amp… etc…. Now it’s meh 🫤, off to something new….

May 24, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #62,753 of 63,207
I think a lot of us have reached the point where we’re getting much more discrete about buying TWS. Probably most of the regulars here have multiple great to excellent sounding units now. It’s gonna take a real wiz banger for that $300 to $500 outlay. I’m not seeing anything that is a must have right now…. 🤷
Not trying to bum anyone out here, just I remember how HiFiman was (top dog) with the R2R DAC, special Dedicated amp… etc…. Now it’s meh 🫤, off to something new….
Hifiman is still my top SQ IEM. EX and 4 NC probably get more ear though

May 24, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #62,754 of 63,207
Hifiman is still my top SQ IEM. EX and 4 NC probably get more ear though
Agreed. Problem is once you go with some iems plus an ifi go pod most tws disappoint at least for anything close to critical listening. For on the go, biking, gym stuff, I think we’ve reached the point of diminshed returns.

May 24, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #62,755 of 63,207
Agreed. Problem is once you go with some iems plus an ifi go pod most tws disappoint at least for anything close to critical listening. For on the go, biking, gym stuff, I think we’ve reached the point of diminshed returns.
Yes...I have the iFi Go Blu, a different type of design but similar in premise; that is why it is proof that all of this is subjective and according to one's taste and usage. Obviously, I have quite a few TOTL IEMs, DAPS, and Headphones, but when I am listening to TWS, sound quality is so important to me. Each one I have I use in different scenarios. Wanting to try new things is just the enthusiast in me.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #62,756 of 63,207
Yes...I have the iFi Go Blu, a different type of design but similar in premise; that is why it is proof that all of this is subjective and according to one's taste and usage. Obviously, I have quite a few TOTL IEMs, DAPS, and Headphones, but when I am listening to TWS, sound quality is so important to me. Each one I have I use in different scenarios. Wanting to try new things is just the enthusiast in me.
Honestly, I'm starting to jettison some of my TWS and sticking with the tried and true EX, APP2 and Freeclip buds. Love to try the Avoits but not until they're avail here in the states. Not into spending a ton to import them.

Been using my iFi Go Pods non-stop. My combos are addicting. Paired with my Sony DAP, it's heaven. Lately, when I put a new pair of TWS in a shopping cart, take a step back and say, why? Boredom? Hope? Then I delete the cart. Sure, I'll be back, but right now I'd rather crank a hi res copy of the new Judas Priest using my Fatfreq Scarlet/Go Pod/DAP combo and see how long it takes to explode. I truly wish someone else would release a nice pair of TWS adapters. Smaller case, transparency and the power of the Go Pods. Fingers crossed.

May 24, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #62,757 of 63,207
TWS will always have a place in my life as I live in a highly walkable city environment, basically in and just around NYC. They can't be beat for many excursions I do.

The MTW4 are my musical set, and I got the Elite 10 because I wanted great phone call quality, and ended up loving them. The new Aviot though, they really seem to be different, a true dynamic multi driver TWS setup - Noble has some but their app sucks, ambient control mode is a joke, and they screw things up like a proprietary charging cable for the Prestige, etc..That just goes to show me they half-ass things a bit. I want more of a complete and refined package with my TWS now that the space has evolved.

So I feel they are overpriced overall. In reality, I've always felt most of the wired Noble IEM are overpriced too for what they are.

But the Aviot do seem like a set breaking some ground in the TWS space. If the Aviot do the trick, the MTW4 will be on sale and maybe next year something interesting enough will come out.

But yes, between my go blu and A&K HB1, I do love my wired IEMs on the go. If iFi ever gets their crap together and puts out a fairly priced and much revised Go Pod, I'll buy them, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So hoping for another company to do so, and until that happens, I feel like I can control myself lol

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #62,759 of 63,207
I agree with you, at this point, I’m trying new things but purely from an enthusiast/audiophile perspective, and not because I’m looking for an upgrade from what I have. I feel that we’re at the point that the stuff currently in the market will satisfy all but the most critical of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back