Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 26, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #62,791 of 63,225
I've posted about the Sound Me app not working on the HiBy M300/OS Android-13 DAP and contacting AVIOT customer service about it. That HiBy diagnosed the problem, came up with the fix, and I sent all that info to AVIOT. After 2 weeks of asking AVIOT C.S. to be really sure of their answer before I showed it to world, I will now.

globalsupport@aviot.jp
Re: Sound Me

"Dear S,

Thank you for the follow-up email.
This is Hannah from Aviot Global Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones.
DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,
Aviot Global Support Team
Hannah"

"We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones. DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME."
What is surprising is that they make a written statement saying this. To me this goes to credibility. I may be off base but doesn't this imply that AVIOT does not care about the audiophile community? I won't post all the emails but I said that among other things to get them to take a 2nd look. This email is in response to the 2nd look.

BTW, HIBy reiterated their findings. And if you're wondering about C.S. HiBy get's an A+. The rep who monitors H.F.'s relevant threads is very helpful and informative. He customized a PEQ profile for me without asking.

I LOVE my ZX1. So much so, I ordered a 2nd pair the PNK version. I want to see LDAC or aptX adaptive showing in Sound Me on my DAP. Is AVIOT's faux pas enough to make me cancel.....no, at lest not yet.
btw, have you tried updating the app and the m300 firmware? For all they said, I just tried running the app on my m300 again and it appears to run ok! If it still sticks try clearing app data of the app.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 26, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #62,792 of 63,225
Yup I just noticed the B pin on Amazon. The only reason I looked at the 09 Pro was because it supported AptX. I think TRN might work better for me. Did you have issues with fitting your TRN with IEMs in the charging case?
No issues fitting any IEMs while attached to the BT20 Pro. I don’t think it has AptX. From what I remember, the ones with the zipper case don’t fit with the IEMs attached. The case for the BT20 Pro is BEEFY though. I can’t imagine keeping it in my pocket with anything else in there, and even then it would feel awkward.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #62,793 of 63,225
Very good pair.
1000017440.jpg

May 26, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #62,794 of 63,225
My worry about gym headphones (mostly because I sweat a lot during multi hour workouts) is the detrimental affects of sweat on IEMs… I literally had sweat over the years (I admit it was years) eat through a pair of Shure 215 earphones. Not sure how more modern shells will fare, but now I only use beater earphones (another pair of 215s and BLON Cardinal).
That’s a good point. As gross as it is, I can imagine a large amount of sweat caked on cables or IEMs can damage them over years. Probably a good case right there to go with TWS with IPX.
No issues fitting any IEMs while attached to the BT20 Pro. I don’t think it has AptX. From what I remember, the ones with the zipper case don’t fit with the IEMs attached. The case for the BT20 Pro is BEEFY though. I can’t imagine keeping it in my pocket with anything else in there, and even then it would feel awkward.

I’ve seen pictures of the case and yeah that’s not fitting in my pants pockets. For on the go, I’m definitely not hauling that around casually. For the gym, I can leave that big case in the locker until it’s time to go home. I’ve heard the IEMs may not fit in the charging case when they are attached so that was a concern of mine.

May 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #62,795 of 63,225
btw, have you tried updating the app and the m300 firmware? For all they said, I just tried running the app on my m300 again and it appears to run ok! If it still sticks try clearing app data of the app.
Yes, I just now deleted and reinstalled the app. Here's a copy of the greyed out screen. I am new to Android. I allowed the 2 permissions I see which are Locations and Nearby Devices. I wonder if its a switch I have turned off on the m300?

Attachments

• IMG_5722.jpeg
    IMG_5722.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 26, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #62,797 of 63,225
So, https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/universal-fit-wireless/products/m5-tws-anc , ADV Sound is finally coming with a TWS that now has nearly everything. A better charging case, Qi charging, ANC, ambient, multipoint and the proper control scheme with ANC/Ambient on both sides and it comes with their pricey eartips. $299. Anybody interested?? No mention of codecs though and no app it seems. Also only the up to battery life of 8 hours with no number for ANC on.
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 11-48-39 M5-TWS ANC.png
Do you know what codecs are supported?

May 27, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #62,798 of 63,225
I've posted about the Sound Me app not working on the HiBy M300/OS Android-13 DAP and contacting AVIOT customer service about it. That HiBy diagnosed the problem, came up with the fix, and I sent all that info to AVIOT. After 2 weeks of asking AVIOT C.S. to be really sure of their answer before I showed it to world, I will now.

globalsupport@aviot.jp
Re: Sound Me

"Dear S,

Thank you for the follow-up email.
This is Hannah from Aviot Global Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones.
DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,
Aviot Global Support Team
Hannah"

"We got feedback from our tech team however, it was the same that SOUND ME APP is exclusively for smartphones. DAP is not compatible with SOUND ME."
What is surprising is that they make a written statement saying this. To me this goes to credibility. I may be off base but doesn't this imply that AVIOT does not care about the audiophile community? I won't post all the emails but I said that among other things to get them to take a 2nd look. This email is in response to the 2nd look.

BTW, HIBy reiterated their findings. And if you're wondering about C.S. HiBy get's an A+. The rep who monitors H.F.'s relevant threads is very helpful and informative. He customized a PEQ profile for me without asking.

I LOVE my ZX1. So much so, I ordered a 2nd pair the PNK version. I want to see LDAC or aptX adaptive showing in Sound Me on my DAP. Is AVIOT's faux pas enough to make me cancel.....no, at lest not yet.
Yes, that is a strange answer especially as HiBy DAP's are android based so why distinguish android smartphone from android DAP? That said, I LOVE my TE-ZX1-PNK and sound quality is the principle reason. The Sound Me app. on HiBy RS6 at least let's me see battery life for each earpiece, and does work for noise cancelling mode selection, just not EQ which I really don't care about. I use Bluetooth codec changer to determine codec in use. Also, I think the reliability of touch controls, roominess in charging case even with aftermarket tips, and overall build quality is excellent versus other TWS I've tried. So while it would be nice to have a more widely compatible and functional companion app. I agree it is NOT a dealbreaker at all given the sound quality and other positive attributes of this TWS. I totallly understand others may have different priorities, YMMV etc... :smile_phones:

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #62,799 of 63,225
Do you know what codecs are supported?
It doesn't have it on the site or Kickstarter page. Maybe Mr. Yoon is around and can answer himself.

May 27, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #62,800 of 63,225
The aviots arrived at the fulfillment warehouse in Japan. I paid shipping via there email link today, so it looks like they are shipping soon

May 28, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #62,802 of 63,225
May 28, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #62,804 of 63,225
Yes, I just now deleted and reinstalled the app. Here's a copy of the greyed out screen. I am new to Android. I allowed the 2 permissions I see which are Locations and Nearby Devices. I wonder if its a switch I have turned off on the m300?
I can tick the checkbox and press start into the Bluetooth search page now (I don't have their earphones for it to search, obviously) now whereas I was crashing out before. Are you still crashing out?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 28, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #62,805 of 63,225
Soundcore A30i. Looks like it might make a pretty good sleep bud. https://gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20240528-anker-soundcore-a30i/
I just bought the Sleep A20 (I also own 2 x sleepA10) and A20 are incredible for sleeping with a nearly 9 hours continuous playing time which is perfect for reading or watching TV and falling asleep every night.
I have 2xA10 as they could only handle 4 hours which is not sufficient for my use (like WF-1000XM5 with 5 hours or less and are also far to be as comfortable for sleeping than A20/A10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back