Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #16,097 of 62,675
I’ve mentioned this before, I purchased the KaiserTone Audio app via the iTunes store (have an IP 8+) and it’s got a great customizable EQ. 10 or 20-band, your choice. I don’t even turn on the L2P app, sweet tuning it to my preferences. Then save the setting. You can even create 3-4 settings for the L2P. Only caveat$ It costs $10. Worth every dime to me.

I opted for the neutron player for iOS for local playback, which has pretty good EQ management. Problem is neither of these two work for online streaming :frowning2:

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #16,098 of 62,675
I’ve mentioned this before, I purchased the KaiserTone Audio app via the iTunes store (have an IP 8+) and it’s got a great customizable EQ. 10 or 20-band, your choice. I don’t even turn on the L2P app, sweet tuning it to my preferences. Then save the setting. You can even create 3-4 settings for the L2P. Only caveat$ It costs $10. Worth every dime to me.
Another caveat is that it doesn't work with spotify or any of the streaming services even if the files are saved to your phone. Really bummed about that, because it's a really cool program.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #16,099 of 62,675
Both of the Tranyas I have utilize touch controls, and I have to say they're more than a bit touchy (pun not intended). I can't even move them in my ear without setting it off. It's probably due to the wide area that is the trigger point.

If you like the T5 (which I have and like), then I would suggest that the Tranya B530 is a definite sound upgrade, plus they are more rock-solid in the ear. I would not recommend the Rimors at this moment...I'm only a few days in, and I'm sad to say that I'm not at all impressed.
I'm with you man, I just compared them to the, FiiL T1x, MPOW T5, Tranya B530, T3, again. I mean, They don't suck, because they are really well tuned if you like a flat sound signature and then a spike in the mids that push All the vocals, guitars, keyboards really forward. Such a shame. The bass definition is really good, but there's just not much of it. I think you or someone else described them as sterile and I couldn't agree more. anyone want to trade or buy them let me know. I'm getting them free from Tranya so i'll unload them for ridiculously cheap.

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #16,100 of 62,675
Another caveat is that it doesn't work with spotify or any of the streaming services even if the files are saved to your phone. Really bummed about that, because it's a really cool program.
Funny, but I was about to edit my post to reflect your addition. True, doesn't work with streaming services, which is a problem. Also, doesn't work with Android phones, which is another bummer. But if you have an iPhone loaded with onboard tracks, which I do, nothing compares. So when out and about, I use onboard tracks. When at home, I do use Amazon HD Music, so I have to revert to the Soundcore app. I also find the piano decent but not the same as the Kaiser EQ. Acoustic, with my IP8+, a bit too harsh with the highs/mids.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #16,102 of 62,675
After the wife leaves you'll have more $$$ for TWS :shrug:

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #16,103 of 62,675
I can vouch for this, i'm on my 2nd and soon to be 3rd pair from MPOW. hopefully this time the send me the M5.

Personally I think the L2pro and the blon are hard to compare they are just different. the blon is much warmer, less sub bass and has WAY thicker mids than the l2pro. It's a snare drum lovers dream. The L2pro has much crisper and sparkly highs, and the Blons are rolled off, that's the only downside me. however, i'm comparing the wired blon directly connected to my XS Max, to the L2pro BT. What differences have you noticed with the blon wired vs. using the BT20s?

Also, been comparing the T1x to the Tranya B530, T3, Lystar J29, Liberty 2 pro. Hands down the L2pro is better IMO. they lystar's are amazing way more bass, but not that definition the T1x has in the highs, it rolls off before the T1x, they are still awesome, and i'd recommend giving them a try. The T1x has better mids and high mids than the B530 and I'd say it's as far as definition it's better than the T3 which I think gets over looked here. the T3 is excellent in all aspects except the bass at times is so loud that you can't hear how excellent the top end really is although it's also a bit thin and recessed in the mids. I'm still really impressed with the t1x, I have noticed some sss's and a bit of siblance when using normal tips but the JVC spiral dots do an excellent job of eliminating it and man, do they sound good together. My only complaint is they are really bright like the bowmaker, but the bowmaker had less bass and sounded thinner I can't get too loud with the FIIL other it starts to hurt my ears maybe 60-70%.

Great find. I wish I still had the Tevi to compare, because I think these sound better. They have excellent definition and if the Tevi's have neutral bass these are maybe +1 compared to the T3 which is like +8

The blon does scale well with better amping. Using my liquid carbon, the blon's bass becomes tighter thus making the mid and highs clearer.
Oh and the T1X case allows using regular size tips without obstructing the charging port. It is small things like this that most often get overlooked and can be annoying.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #16,104 of 62,675
Thanks man. Brian in that video said it was close to Tevi's sound and I thought it would be an alternative given that I will be using it for the gym only. I have the Mpow T5s and Tronsmart Spunkies. Would the Fiil T1X be an upgrade sonic wise? The one thing infuriate me about Mpow is the push buttons. What a bummer. The cheaper Spunkies have touch control and it makes life much much convenient.
Well, they are just tuned diff. I think the T5 is a great TWS, but the T1X is tuning much more u shaped and really shines in the clarity dept, probably due to it's reduced low end. what type of sound do you like? I think the T1X is a great choice once you get used to the weird controls. They don't have a lot of bass, so they don't sound quite as full as the Tranya B530 or the T5, but their upper end definition is some of the best i've heard in a single DD TWS. More like the Tevi. Personally, because I like the feel my music i'd get the B530 or the Tranya T3 if you really want to feel it. the Lystar J29 is another really cheaply made TWS, that has great sound. I did comparisons with it and the T1X. it has a lot more punch and bass, yet it nearly matches the definition and tuning of the T1x. I still use it all the time and i love them, they also have a really soft push button that doesn't jam into your ears.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #16,105 of 62,675
From what I found out over youtube and web pages... T5 came out first - had rave reviews but had some connection problems. Product was discontinued / pulled.
M5 apparently is the new version that had the connection problems resolved...
Do you remember where you read that ? MPOW said on Amazon it was just a name change, seemed odd...Anyway I have the M5 and don't remember having any connection issues. They're pretty good but I rarely use them now that I have the Echo Buds.

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #16,106 of 62,675
The blon does scale well with better amping. Using my liquid carbon, the blon's bass becomes tighter thus making the mid and highs clearer.
Oh and the T1X case allows using regular size tips without obstructing the charging port. It is small things like this that most often get overlooked and can be annoying.
This is the case with dynamic drivers, which is why I'm not expecting SQ out of TWS. Maybe BA will be fine, but not into BA timbre all that much lately.

Nov 25, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #16,108 of 62,675
I can vouch for this, i'm on my 2nd and soon to be 3rd pair from MPOW. hopefully this time the send me the M5.

Personally I think the L2pro and the blon are hard to compare they are just different. the blon is much warmer, less sub bass and has WAY thicker mids than the l2pro. It's a snare drum lovers dream. The L2pro has much crisper and sparkly highs, and the Blons are rolled off, that's the only downside me. however, i'm comparing the wired blon directly connected to my XS Max, to the L2pro BT. What differences have you noticed with the blon wired vs. using the BT20s?

Also, been comparing the T1x to the Tranya B530, T3, Lystar J29, Liberty 2 pro. Hands down the L2pro is better IMO. they lystar's are amazing way more bass, but not that definition the T1x has in the highs, it rolls off before the T1x, they are still awesome, and i'd recommend giving them a try. The T1x has better mids and high mids than the B530 and I'd say it's as far as definition it's better than the T3 which I think gets over looked here. the T3 is excellent in all aspects except the bass at times is so loud that you can't hear how excellent the top end really is although it's also a bit thin and recessed in the mids. I'm still really impressed with the t1x, I have noticed some sss's and a bit of siblance when using normal tips but the JVC spiral dots do an excellent job of eliminating it and man, do they sound good together. My only complaint is they are really bright like the bowmaker, but the bowmaker had less bass and sounded thinner I can't get too loud with the FIIL other it starts to hurt my ears maybe 60-70%.

Great find. I wish I still had the Tevi to compare, because I think these sound better. They have excellent definition and if the Tevi's have neutral bass these are maybe +1 compared to the T3 which is like +8
Looks like you do have a list of very interesting TWSs that everyone is trying to compare to. Do you have a youtube channel or a webpage for me to subscribe to?
Plus your description of sound is "musician centric"...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #16,109 of 62,675
Anker is working on revision 3 to fix the hiss issue. If you contact they might send the new one without sending your back. One if member here got that offer.

I found the acoustic far worse than piano and the bottom right uh vocal I believe, I’ve always been super sensitive to lower treble always sounding too loud and makes me squint while listening to certain headphones, I’ve always love Sennheiser because I’ve never had a headphone by them with that quality. And as far as the static pop sound, I bought mine directly through the Anker seller through amazon so it’s either all models doing it and some don’t notice or it’s some kind of lottery as I would of expected direct from the manufacturer would only be he updated non glitchy sounding ones as they stated it was a fixed problem, so I dunno what’s going on over there. If only the Sennheiser true wireless has better battery life I bet I’d be more to my liking.

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #16,110 of 62,675
Do you remember where you read that ? MPOW said on Amazon it was just a name change, seemed odd...Anyway I have the M5 and don't remember having any connection issues. They're pretty good but I rarely use them now that I have the Echo Buds.
The first version of the mpow t5 had poor connection and no volume control, and came in a white box if I'm not wrong. The second version has volume control and a stronger connection, but a shorter battery life, and came in a red box. The latest version is M5 which I think is just a rename of the second version T5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back