Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 24, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #16,051 of 62,672
You weren’t kidding, I got the Fiil T1X today and I’m very impressed. They sound excellent, even if the controls are a nightmare. :stuck_out_tongue:
How does it compare to the L2pro? Or Mpow m5? Any sibilance or overly V shaped sounding? I'm sensitive to that.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #16,052 of 62,672
You weren’t kidding, I got the Fiil T1X today and I’m very impressed. They sound excellent, even if the controls are a nightmare. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha toldya. I am maybe in minority, but I actually rarely use the controls from the TWS as I always just take out my phone, tho I know it might come in handy sometimes. I am using my TWS just like I am using a wired one lol. How's T1X sounds compared to L2P? Can't wait until Fiil release the app for T1X.

Nov 24, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #16,053 of 62,672
How does it compare to the L2pro? Or Mpow m5? Any sibilance? I'm sensitive to that.

I don't know about L2P, but with M5, the T1X sounds larger, more detailed, high are splashy but rarely sibilance (cymbals, crash and hi-hat sounds really good), the bass has less impact than the m5, but it is more detailed (kinda similar to BLON bl03 kind of bass). If I can say, the tuning is kinda like harman target sound. Oh and the craziest thing with t1x is that even tho it doesn't support aptx, but there is no delay at all from what I usually test for TWS.
This song sounds really good with T1X. The decay on the cymbals is pretty nice.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #16,054 of 62,672
I don't know about L2P, but with M5, the T1X sounds larger, more detailed, high are splashy but rarely sibilance (cymbals, crash and hi-hat sounds really good), the bass has less impact than the m5, but it is more detailed (kinda similar to BLON bl03 kind of bass). If I can say, the tuning is kinda like harman target sound. Oh and the craziest thing with t1x is that even tho it doesn't support aptx, but there is no delay at all from what I usually test for TWS.
This song sounds really good with T1X. The decay on the cymbals is pretty nice.

Thank you thank you!! Tempting!!

Nov 24, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #16,055 of 62,672
I think what makes Fiil t1x sounds good is the sound separation and tuning ofc.

Listening to this song, I can clearly hear what the vocalist is saying even the scream is very clear lol. Can hear the guitar and violin clearly which my bl03 kinda struggle.

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #16,057 of 62,672

First video review I've seen of the Tranya Rimor. I'm in agreement with Brian's assessment after listening to them for almost eight hours today. The Rimor do not have all the bells and whistles but they do sound very good. Can't wait for more opinions and comparisons with the Lypertek Tevi.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #16,058 of 62,672
What's the difference between MPOW M5 and T5? I also see a version with yellow on the shell on their site touted as a new version.

I'm not sure if I should get M5/T5 or M8, the latter having USB Type C and being advertised as having deep bass. Unfortunately, the M8's price has gone up to 60$ CAD on Amazon.ca. Must have noticed the price disparity elsewhere...

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #16,059 of 62,672
I had the first version with the higher gain and I didn’t notice a hiss or a high noise floor, just some popping sounds when they would initiate playback. Then they sent me the revision 2, which is what I currently have. It has noticeably lower volume and a little less bass. Both revisions are using firmware 1.15 as the most current. My post above mentions that they are doing a third revision because some people are still hearing a hiss. I’m sure there are some revision 1’s out there, but if you are having to turn your volume up to 80% you most likely have revision 2. I’d reach out to sound core and let them know. They’ll probably send you the new revision when it becomes available.

Yooo such a good call. They just got back to me, looks like I’ll be getting a free new set myself!

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #16,060 of 62,672
Just out of curiosity I added them to my cart as well and it looks like the price has gone back up. Sorry man, that’s a bummer. 109 is still not bad at all.

Can anybody else confirm the promo code has expired? mine tallied up to usd155? :frowning2:

What's the difference between MPOW M5 and T5? I also see a version with yellow on the shell on their site touted as a new version.

I'm not sure if I should get M5/T5 or M8, the latter having USB Type C and being advertised as having deep bass. Unfortunately, the M8's price has gone up to 60$ CAD on Amazon.ca. Must have noticed the price disparity elsewhere...

If i am not mistaken (if earlier posts in this thread is to be believed, as well as some product page description in an aliex shop), MPOW M5 is just a name change from MPOW T5, packaging is a bit different (from red to white), but in essence, both are the same. MPOW T5 had one last revision in August quoted to 'have better support for Android 9' but going forward, MPOW M5 would be the one you're looking for.

I can vouch for T5 myself as i have one, terrific buds for the price, but have been looking for an upgrade. Looks like I missed the L2PRO deal by a day or two. Bummer.

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #16,062 of 62,672
I just received the mpow m5 and really loving it. The boys here found Anker Liberty 2 pros to be top notched.

Thanks, the mpow solved the budget part(almost).
Now it's just the, I'm gonna lose one of them part..
I'd love to try the Anker liberty, spent the last few nights reading this thread and they do get super reviews, but for now they are way out of my price range =[

No thread about wired but still wireless iem's?
Thinking the style of JBL reflect mini and others.
Hope to find a descent pair for say 20€ isch?
Sound just have to be "good enough" as they are gonna be used mountain biking and such,not for anything critical.
For "good sound" I still turn to my huge as German Maestro's.
I basically just wanna try the freedom of no leash :wink:

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #16,063 of 62,672
Nov 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #16,064 of 62,672
Hi friends, would like to seek your advise. One of my family members wants a true wireless earbud for Christmas.
She prefers something shaped like airpods, listens to a variety of genres. Budget ~ $100 - 150 USD.
I only use the TRN BT20 but she doesn't like the form factor.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #16,065 of 62,672
US folks - black Galaxy buds for ~$60 open box like new on Amazon after 20% off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back