Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #16,036 of 62,677
Got my custom tips from CustomArt last week. Takes a while to get used to insertion (wink), but fit is pretty damn good. They were made for my incoming Sony Mx3s but fit perfectly on my L2Ps. Big fan so far, I'll use these more often than the stock tips. They don't even stick out much further, and fit and isolation are much better.

It was a little over $200 between impressions and tips but worth it in the long run imo

20191124_084316.jpg

Nov 24, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #16,038 of 62,677
20191124_101217_HDR.jpg

Received the Tranya Rimor this morning. Good to see it's not the same case as the Tranya T3/Lenovo HT10. The Rimor has a really great fit at least for my ears. Definitely not the bass you'd expect from a 10mm driver. The 8mm in the HT10 is way more punchy and overall funner to listen to. If I had to describe the Rimor in one word it would be sterile. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does remind me of the Pinnacle P1 if anyone has heard that. Just very tame and clinical. Probably would have been a big hit a year ago when people were interested in a more analytical sound. Gonna be listening all day as they do have a pleasant sound. Considering the Rimor is currently the same price as the L2P, it is difficult to say if there is room for it in anyone's stocking.

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #16,039 of 62,677
Do you think you have the first version and they are giving you the newly updated 2nd version? Or is this a third version coming out?
I had the first version with the higher gain and I didn’t notice a hiss or a high noise floor, just some popping sounds when they would initiate playback. Then they sent me the revision 2, which is what I currently have. It has noticeably lower volume and a little less bass. Both revisions are using firmware 1.15 as the most current. My post above mentions that they are doing a third revision because some people are still hearing a hiss. I’m sure there are some revision 1’s out there, but if you are having to turn your volume up to 80% you most likely have revision 2. I’d reach out to sound core and let them know. They’ll probably send you the new revision when it becomes available.

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #16,040 of 62,677
Thanks. Do you have any further information to add based on any further use?

I am liking them more and more. I find myself going to these over my CIEM solution and its not because they are better. The Falcon's are simply "good enough" to relieve heavy hitting duty - all the time. I have them equalized a bit, however.

With the right tips; The Falcons (currently using smallest noble tips) isolate very well. I have a loud car and with them in i can barely hear the engine/exhaust when no muisc is playing. The gym i go to has very loud music on. The Falcon's, all but tune out the outside noise when nothing is playing. Sounds like a whisper.

YMMW i suppose as someone in the Falcon sponsor thread said these isolate very poorly. I think tip selection is key and of course insertion dept.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #16,042 of 62,677
I am liking them more and more. I find myself going to these over my CIEM solution and its not because they are better. The Falcon's are simply "good enough" to relieve heavy hitting duty - all the time. I have them equalized a bit, however.

With the right tips; The Falcons (currently using smallest noble tips) isolate very well. I have a loud car and with them in i can barely hear the engine/exhaust when no muisc is playing. The gym i go to has very loud music on. The Falcon's, all but tune out the outside noise when nothing is playing. Sounds like a whisper.

YMMW i suppose as someone in the Falcon sponsor thread said these isolate very poorly. I think tip selection is key and of course insertion dept.

thank you very much!

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #16,043 of 62,677
You should pick up the L2pro. It’s $70 off right now on Anker’s site. I just paid $85. My first pair I got on their early bird launch deal for $100. I have the blon’s as well, it01 and the Tin T2 and I personally like the L2Pro more. I’m not using them with the bt20s, just a silver BT 4.2 Aptx cable I got off Penon.
OH.. So you have 2 x L2pros.. That good? You're Tempting me..

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #16,044 of 62,677
Wrong thread, but I can't find the right one.
Where can I find info on threaded wireless iem's?
I'm so sure I'll lose one of these tws ones it's not funny..
And threaded seems more budget friendly.?
I just received the mpow m5 and really loving it. The boys here found Anker Liberty 2 pros to be top notched.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #16,045 of 62,677
Yup! No lag at all. Also you can get it for $87 on their website rn with the code JERRYL2P. Great deal, considering that imo they're worth it for $150.
I added to cart and it's $149. Entered the code and it was $109...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back