Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #15,541 of 63,098
Damn... just returned the Jabra 75t after like 15 minutes of use based on SQ alone. Some of the worst sounding tws I’ve tried in a while. Bass is boomy and completely artificial - basically sounds like you’re listening to a crappy subwoofer through a wall. I legitimately wanted to stop listening to them. The mids are also artificial sounding, and the highs are tinny, with no definition or crispiness, and when I put on the treble eq to reduce bass they became very harsh. I’m not gonna dignify these with a full review bc it would have been difficult to have to listen to these any more than I already have. Other than the awful sq, case is decent and the comfort is good. The hear through feature was mediocre and somehow made them sound even worse. Calls seemed alright but AirPods pro are way better. Actually the AirPods pro are so much better than these at every level it’s not even a fair comparison. But tbh that’s really not saying much. Overall, just an absolute no go from me.
Bummer! My 75t is due to arrive tomorrow.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #15,542 of 63,098
I received Shanling mtw100 and what a let down! Extremely bright and unnatural sounding. Very poor fit. No matter what app I tried to equalize nothing worked. Low end is too weak and artificial. Highs are just bright. Sound never gets loud. Even compare to Jabra 65t they are just horrible. Very disappointing. Is it just me? Are there wireless that actually sound good?

I am thinking something with fit and ear tips are partly to blame if it seemed "bright". If I have one aspect that I can say isn't accurate with them it's that they lack treble response. If they aren't sealed my BAs will sound somewhat bright from losing all the bass though. They don't respond to an EQ well for some reason. Not sure if that is the BA driver or something with how it doesn't respond to and EQ with a normal gain in that range and instead recesses others or something weird. I tried to hunt down things I could hear more properly in the more spendy ones I tested and not on those, but didn't find much. I do think they are WAY more sensitive to having GOOD seal though. Maybe something to do with the BA driver if you got that version. I thought they were total junk compared to my SSK until I finally picked a tip that sorta sealed ok. Then they were really decent.

Will whole heartedly agree on volume. Pretty silly and must just be something to do with tiny battery and desire to claim long battery life.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #15,543 of 63,098
Hello everybody, has anyone ever tried the new Noble Falcon ?
https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/wireless/
I tried them in-store. Has lots of bass and a bright sound. Mid bass is somewhat missing. The overall sound is quite incoherent due to the weak mid bass and bright highs with the big bass. And the LED blinks about every 8 seconds when in use.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #15,544 of 63,098
I tried them in-store. Has lots of bass and a bright sound. Mid bass is somewhat missing. The overall sound is quite incoherent due to the weak mid bass and bright highs with the big bass. And the LED blinks about every 8 seconds when in use.

Hmm. Doesn't sound promising. Maybe need some burn in?

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #15,545 of 63,098
Thanks. How does the EQ work on these? Is it adjusted through a phone app? Once you set the EQ, will the IEMs memorize it so that you can utilize the memorized EQ curve with another source such as a DAP?
There's an app with 22 presets, so one of them should work for you. I like the Signature, Flat, and Piano presets. Bass Booster is good for loud environments when you need to drown out more noise (gym, etc).

Once it's set, the earbuds will remember the preset until you change it again. You can use a third party EQ to further adjust if you desire. The app also allows you to update the earbuds.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #15,546 of 63,098
jabra65 and jlabs. Both were not great but significantly better than Shanling
The Liberty Air 2 are solid. Different form factor than the Liberty 2, but they basically sound the same, which is to say they sound great IMHO.

If I could only make one recommendation purely on the basis of SQ/Price, it would be the L2P. The original MW07 are also great, but the battery is not that good and they are priced a bit high for what they are. I'm a sucker, so I bought them anyway.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #15,547 of 63,098
There's an app with 22 presets, so one of them should work for you. I like the Signature, Flat, and Piano presets. Bass Booster is good for loud environments when you need to drown out more noise (gym, etc).

Once it's set, the earbuds will remember the preset until you change it again. You can use a third party EQ to further adjust if you desire. The app also allows you to update the earbuds.
Thanks. Sounds tempting.
EQ aside, how is the bass response on these and comfort? My ears are on the smaller side and I find some IEMs uncomfortable after extended listening periods. My IBasso IT01 make my ears hurt after a while.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #15,548 of 63,098
The Liberty Air 2 are solid. Different form factor than the Liberty 2, but they basically sound the same, which is to say they sound great IMHO.

If I could only make one recommendation purely on the basis of SQ/Price, it would be the L2P. The original MW07 are also great, but the battery is not that good and they are priced a bit high for what they are. I'm a sucker, so I bought them anyway.
Interested in the L2P. At this point, how does a buyer know if they are getting an LP2 that likely suffers from hiss, vs an LP2 that does not have a hissing issue? I've been tracking this topic on this forum for weeks, and the delineation between problematic units vs non-problematic units doesn't seem to be tied to firmware version, or necessarily purchase date.

Any insights on this?

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #15,552 of 63,098
Yo so after reading a couple positive reviews about the 75t I feel like there’s no way the one I got was properly functioning. It sounded too bad. I’m gonna try again so we’ll see.
I will let you know my impressions tomorrow.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #15,553 of 63,098
I don't think burn in will do much as the treble is probably too hot, to the point where I felt it overwhelmed the mids. I was trying to listen for details in the mids but the jarring mid-highs got in the way. Probably could EQ the highs to tame it though.
Well bummer. An app is supposedly coming for them.

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #15,554 of 63,098
Looks like I'm the only one on the opposite side regarding L2P. The replacement did reduce the hiss to be barely noticeable, which is good. But the sound is too "digital" and less cohesive to my ears. Sound better when EQed with piano or vocal boosted, but still not my taste. The tone is just not real to me. Besides they're even bulkier than Nt01ax, with a large case. Gotta return them.

Have you used any Hybrid earphones or straight BA based earphones? If not you just might not like BA created sound. I personally have grown to like hybrid solution but almost always end up finding straight BA based earphones lacking in some fashion. I do actually prefer a well made dynamic speaker earphone.

Interested in the L2P. At this point, how does a buyer know if they are getting an LP2 that likely suffers from hiss, vs an LP2 that does not have a hissing issue? I've been tracking this topic on this forum for weeks, and the delineation between problematic units vs non-problematic units doesn't seem to be tied to firmware version, or necessarily purchase date.

Any insights on this?
I suspect you just have to buy and see what happens and return if you get a unit that hisses to much.

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #15,555 of 63,098

Thanks for the note on this. Do you still have the air? There is also the Spirit Dot 2 on the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back