Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #15,512 of 62,086
Well thanks TMA6, you just saved me from wasting my time on the 75T, I was more leaning to the L2P anyway but that is now 100% more certain.
I think you're safe going with the L2P. SQ is top-shelf. I never anticipated the 75t to be mind-blowing, at best, a slightly refined version of 65t in terms of SQ (all accounts noted the 75t and 65t sound very similar).

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #15,513 of 62,086
Damn... just returned the Jabra 75t after like 15 minutes of use based on SQ alone. Some of the worst sounding tws I’ve tried in a while. Bass is boomy and completely artificial - basically sounds like you’re listening to a crappy subwoofer through a wall. I legitimately wanted to stop listening to them. The mids are also artificial sounding, and the highs are tinny, with no definition or crispiness, and when I put on the treble eq to reduce bass they became very harsh. I’m not gonna dignify these with a full review bc it would have been difficult to have to listen to these any more than I already have. Other than the awful sq, case is decent and the comfort is good. The hear through feature was mediocre and somehow made them sound even worse. Calls seemed alright but AirPods pro are way better. Actually the AirPods pro are so much better than these at every level it’s not even a fair comparison. But tbh that’s really not saying much. Overall, just an absolute no go from me.
Dumb question, but you made sure you didn't have another EQ going on, correct? If not, wow, just wow! :xf_eek:

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #15,515 of 62,086
I think you're safe going with the L2P. SQ is top-shelf. I never anticipated the 75t to be mind-blowing, at best, a slightly refined version of 65t in terms of SQ (all accounts noted the 75t and 65t sound very similar).

From what I recall about the 65ts, it seems to me that these actually sound worse. I could be particularly sensitive to overly boomy bass, but it's also that instruments did not even sound like what they were. Maybe if you only listen to dubstep and like the sound of standing next to a subwoofer then these could work. But even for electronic music I felt that they didn't sound good. To my ears, the tonality is completely off and they sounded super cheap.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #15,516 of 62,086
Dumb question, but you made sure you didn't have another EQ going on, correct? If not, wow, just wow! :xf_eek:

Nah I had all other EQ off =/, I guess it's possible I had a defective unit?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #15,517 of 62,086
very nice pic. out of those you have there, which has the nicest, bass that's juicy thick goes deep but not boomy?

I suspect the Soundcore LP2, but didn't try a lot of bass focused music or really try and EQ to surface that more and compare. The LP2 standard app setting is more bass focused though and it's nice. Suspect if you EQed the MW07 it could be similar or better, but it's under emphasized and requires 3rd party EQ to bring that forward as a focus. Had listened to bass heavy tracks with the MW07+, but was a few days prior. They are very accurate and not boomy at all, but not a focus of the stock tuning at all, even though they can extend low well and clean.

Basically if you want a simple way to get good bass emphasized tuning with clean bass the Soundcore LP2 are most straight forward way to get there I think. Probably from my memory of the MW07+ bass response though it is a bit less "boomy" than LP2 when it is there.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #15,518 of 62,086
Adaptive sound is ok, I use it with the AKG’s that came with the S10 plus, I got to agree the AKG’s do sound as good as the liberty pro 2’s, not better though and I haven’t tried any other truly wireless to compare them to.
I now use the Acoustic or Piano setting on the Liberty Pro, a more natural sound and for some reason a big volume boost.

Do you get clipping when on the volume boosted profiles like acoustic if playing sorta loud? I do and it doesn't seem the volume is so extreme it should do that...seems to be something about the levels and boost going on. Never tried to tinker with phone and headset volume to see what will stop the clipping. Just sorta curious if that is normal behavior with these boosted profiles and high volume.

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #15,520 of 62,086
I’m really enjoying the APP....but hard to get a good seal on the right side. Takes a bunch of fiddling around.Using the “L” tips. If anyone sees aftermarket tips pop up for the APP please shoot me a PM. Thanks!
Ok this is weird...just switched the tips btwn the buds and got a seal on the R on the first try. Strange.

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #15,521 of 62,086
Looks like I'm the only one on the opposite side regarding L2P. The replacement did reduce the hiss to be barely noticeable, which is good. But the sound is too "digital" and less cohesive to my ears. Sound better when EQed with piano or vocal boosted, but still not my taste. The tone is just not real to me. Besides they're even bulkier than Nt01ax, with a large case. Gotta return them.

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #15,522 of 62,086
Can't comment on the sound but yes, the form factor, reminds me of the XM3s and I'd rather forget that poor experience.

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #15,523 of 62,086
Nov 14, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #15,524 of 62,086
Yo so after reading a couple positive reviews about the 75t I feel like there’s no way the one I got was properly functioning. It sounded too bad. I’m gonna try again so we’ll see.

Nov 14, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #15,525 of 62,086
Wow... 1035 pages. Can someone please point me to a thread/post with recommended budget wireless IEMs, hopefully under $50 from a US source? Looking for decent bass response.

Are these TaoTronics SoundElite 72 any good?
https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-TaoTronics-Sweatproof-Waterproof-Cancelling/dp/B07C7D95FF

My source would be Shanling M3s and possibly my phone (Pixel 2).

I'm in a similar spot. I found this, written by a member, https://www.scarbir.com/guide/best-sounding-wireless-earphones-50-dollar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back