Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #15,406 of 62,269
Either different batches have different tunings for people aren't perceiving the differences. Coolhere UFO had awful driver matching and a bright tuning, while BE30 Air had a flat tuning but again poor driver matching (this time more mids and treble on the left). I'm wondering if any Aliexpress seller has released the AptX version yet.

I'm looking for another AptX + USB-C + Wireless charging combo (latter is preferable but optional), but preferably one with more mids and treble detail than the Sabbat E12 Ultra, which I found reasonable except for that poor driver matching. I was set to get Wavefun Xpods 3T until I read some comments saying the originals were muddy or "flat". Same with the Whizzer B6 being said to have more bass emphasis.

Have been lurking the thread for a couple of days since I was looking for tws with similar criteria too, ended up ordering shanling mtw100. It seems to fits my requirements very well, except no AptX, but it still receive a high praise from reviewers in terms of connectivity and SQ. Plus it has a pass through mode, making it suitable to be worn in office/public environment, wireless charging, good batterylife and ipx7 rating too.. and BA drivers for that sweet2 clarity and mids.. seems so perfect Can't wait for it to arrive.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #15,408 of 62,269
Does anyone know if the older version of the Mpow T5 also supports Android 9.0? The one I'm currently looking at doesn't say if it's the newer upgraded M5 version so I'm not 100% sure if it will work.
There shouldn't be an OS limitation on bluetooth earphones, they've been supported quite a while.

Got an update from earfun, they are going to fix the button interface so that it is more intuitive in a minor upgrade, also introducing solo connections. It still won't have aptx as they didn't think they could keep the cost low, they are making another earbud that will have that later in 2020

I'm curious about the tronsmart spunky beat still but haven't heard back from the person here who had them about sound quality and such

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #15,409 of 62,269
Any rumors on whether Sennheiser is coming out with an update to the MTW? I noticed they've been pretty heavily discounted on Amazon (US) recently. Saw it for $205 the other day and is currently at $216. Really wish B&W would stop messing around with neckbands and just go true wireless already.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #15,410 of 62,269
I got my airpod pros a few days ago and I've been testing vs the lp2.

Focusing on SQ alone, and nothing else, I will just use the title of this thread as a segway, and say that when it comes to the airpod pros, we are certainly not there yet.

If I wanted to enjoy my music fully, I would have to reach for one of my wired headsets, every time, no exceptions.

When it comes to the lp2 however, I could say that for me personally, it breaches that gap and I don't feel the need to put a wired headphone on to fully enjoy my music. Even if it doesn't fully breach the gap, its a very solid bridge that I am very comfortable walking on.

Now, excluding sound quality (and battery life), the Apple product is better at everything else. Design, fit, comfort, microphones, ANC, sound pass trough... just everyday usability in general is superior.

If we could have the airpods for factor and functionality, combined with whatever magic anker put inside the lp2, we would have a winner. Considering the pace of development in the segment, we might not be that far off.

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #15,412 of 62,269
@voicemaster - Gamesky it seems. I agree, I had subscribed but unsubscribed, he goes through the motions, not very useful...

Good catch. Decent review, can't see too many reasons to upgrade from the 65Ts, if anything the call quality is a tad inferior.

Not sure who Gamesky is. This reviewer is a guy called Mike Wat. He does good microphone tests. His audio portion OK but not super detailed though.

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #15,413 of 62,269
So no one's having random disconnects and trouble even connecting with the SSK? Do I just have a faulty unit? None of my TWS have ever done this. It's happening all the time.
I hadn't notices this much. It seems I did get it at some locations, but not others and only like second or 2 drop outs very randomly. Other places it is rock solid. Just something about other wireless stuff interfering in area was my impression.

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #15,414 of 62,269
I hadn't notices this much. It seems I did get it at some locations, but not others and only like second or 2 drop outs very randomly. Other places it is rock solid. Just something about other wireless stuff interfering in area was my impression.
Yeah, that's not what this is at all. They must be defective. It actually loses connection for no reason. Not just a skip in the music.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #15,416 of 62,269
I follow about 15 different headphones reviewers. They all are good on some areas and kind of lack on other. I like about Gamesky his dedication to bring us cheap bud reviews. Not because he does that mean he is milking Chinese brands. That doesn't even work, specially on YT. He was the fist reviewer to call the APP by what really believes they actually are (stay away from reviews fro MaxTech, Brian Tong, UraverageConsumer and any other YTber that only sticks to the #teampopular only for views). They Also hurt startups and competition badly. Anybody who knows YT and their algorithm wouldn't want to be away from apple, samsung etc... as no other brand generates them as much money, but there dies the quality and objectivity.
Now for The most objective reviewer that understand audio
this is my favourite https://www.youtube.com/user/HiFiHeadphones
Thanks for the recommendation, i watched his review of the tevi vs senn MTW, and while i didn't totally agree or totally disagree with some of his comparisons between the 2, I don't think the tevi is quite as good as he makes it out to be for the price. That said, even though i did pay for it and i have been able to EQ a sound i really like out of the MTWs, i can't deny those aren't worth $300. I do wish he were a little mor personable, but i will keep checking out his channel. Thanks again, one never can have to many good resources to turn to.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #15,417 of 62,269
Tyll was great, but I did have some issues with his strong budget recommendation for the Ausdom M05, which was complete trash. I couldn't even EQ that to anything enjoyable. Sooo muffled...

I mean, I don't always agree with Jimmy (Jim's Review Room), but I think he keeps it pretty straight. I also find GYMCADDY to be solid. He seems to keep things honest. I like EBPMAN as well.
Awesome Thanks. Yeah i did think Tyll was over the top on some products, E.G. the Focal Crackle...i mean Elear. i waited for that thing to go on sale, and spent so much time reading reviews, and thinking it would be the perfect 1B to my HD 800S, but when it arrived; i plugged it straight into my V20 to see if a phone really could drive it well, and the headphone crackled! What a complete piece of garbage. not bitter at all! haha. To get back on topic, and discuss products actually worth talking about, my Shanling MTW100BA are pretty fantastic! I'm keeping them. Sound superb with soundtracks, classical, choral, jazz etc.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #15,418 of 62,269
Yeah, that's not what this is at all. They must be defective. It actually loses connection for no reason. Not just a skip in the music.
Yeah I don't have that. Does seem maybe I have to take right out first for it all to connect well initially, but other than that they worked well. No really connection problems other than drops in playback in some areas.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #15,419 of 62,269
Any rumors on whether Sennheiser is coming out with an update to the MTW? I noticed they've been pretty heavily discounted on Amazon (US) recently. Saw it for $205 the other day and is currently at $216. Really wish B&W would stop messing around with neckbands and just go true wireless already.
You speak the truth. I have the P7 Wireless & PX5 and can't wait for a TWS from those guys. Even though the PX was uncomfortable, the one thing B&W has never done is disappointment in the SQ department. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a hybrid BA/DD design and some kind of carbon fiber casing.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #15,420 of 62,269
Replacement anker LP2 arrived. Hiss is substantially improved. Same great sound.
What other TWS you got in rotation? Do you think you'll keep the L2p's? mine get here tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back