1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

1. hifi80sman
    Comparison of the mids was in the context those 2 units only, but generally speaking, the mids are not forward on the MW07. The good thing about the L2P is that there are 22 presets, and most find the "Piano" preset to be very good.

My brief comparison was based solely on out-of-the-box sound.

2. pokenguyen
    Ok, I just ordered a used pair from Amazon. I hope this is the last TWS I need to buy.

3. actorlife
    OH no sibilance is my enemy. Thanks HiFlight!

4. jasaero
    It's not too bright at all. It's just lots of cymbal crashes and such in some songs can become too harsh for my ears. I suspect they are slightly over emphasized in some what to get the open effect. Overall can sound way better in music the Shanlings struggle with. Like some distorted electric guitars come across way more proper on the MW07+. So I can sorta see many finding the price totally acceptable. Oh an this is stock MW07+ Tips and at higher volume than I can get the Shanling. Would be curious how much of the Shanling weakness is in the AAC vs AptX. It's weakness do seem like what you often get from compression related things.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  5. hifi80sman
    I'd just caution you that some of the older used pairs may have the hissing issue. Just a heads up.

6. pokenguyen
    Actually what you described is what I avoid in all of my phones and speakers, I can’t stand them at all. Can you give me some songs where those are more prominent? I haven’t tried stock tips but looks like CP360 thick silicon dampens the sound of MW07 to me.

7. pokenguyen
    Thanks for caution, I will ignore the hissing and see if I like them more than MW07 before ordering a new pair.

8. Blueshound24
    Agreed.
    And with PS you would be paying for a boutique cable as well. That might matter if you were a cable believer, and to them who are, it may be worth it.

IMO not to me.

9. LordToneeus
    Anxious to hear what you think!

10. TK33
    I had a similar reaction to the sound of the MW07 Go as you did with the MW07+. I didn't think it was overly bright but also not what I would call mid-forward. The highs were more emphasized than I was used to coming from more warmer sounding IEMs (which I enjoy but others may find "boring"). While listening to some songs, I did wish M&D had included an app with an EQ. I did think the SQ was excellent however and was (and still am) after a different sound signature than what I have in my Senn MTWs to complement them. Probably just differences in taste and styles of music.

11. Blueshound24

LOL! In that case, you better quit reading this thread then. And maybe even stay off Head-Fi completely! :ksc75smile:

PS: Sorry about your wallet. :)

bronco1015, howdy and Cretz42 like this.
  12. pokenguyen
    The forum destroyed my wallets while hunting for IEM (finally settle down with IE80). Only one more tws, I don’t think there are any better one to try.

13. AudioNoob
    That's confusing. Others noted they were the same. How are they different? Were you able to compare with the same tips over the same source?

does anyone have a stemmed suggestion under 50 ?

14. AllenWalker
    Just received my Shanling MTW100 today. My first TWS as I want to use them for workout or walking during winter. Surprised with the clarity and soundstage as they are pretty good for the price I am paying. Definitely will take years for them to match very good wired IEM but I can see good prospect in them being on par in the future. Don't really care about sound quality over convenience that much when getting older...

15. cwill
    They're different in that the SSK has twice the amount of bass the Kissral has. Same tips, same audio source.